Bertie Boo

Re: Cleaning Toilets
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2007, 10:37:38 pm »
Hi prestige

I disagree that they should be washed seperatly. When you say 'pooey cloths' i am not using them to clear up solid matter, i am using the cloths to clean toilets with. Any cloth with a solids on it gets binned (thats why i hang on to old cloths). I know that some hospitals launder all cloths and mops together on a boil cycle. The advice from my friend was that all cloths can be boil-washed together. He knows that includes toilet cloths as that was a specific question i asked about.

Stephen

Fox

« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2007, 07:28:58 am »
All my girls are instructed to clean toilets with spray disinfectant and kitchen roll, which is then flushed down the loo.

Prestige,

We also use disposable paper towels to clean toilets and urinals, but I certainly don't flush them down the toilet!  Kitchen roll and hand towels are made of different paper than toilet roll and are not so readily biodegradable, therefore if they are flushed they could cause big problems with blockages.

Fox

Cleaning Resource

« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2007, 11:52:52 am »
reading your posts dg, I don`t understand why you don`t just supply loo brushes yourself, you can buy them for less than 50p, even Asda are selling them for 37p or B&Q for46p I get mine for 32p surly it would be better to just buy the loo brush yourself and save your self any conflict with your clients, 

The Great One

« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2007, 06:15:45 pm »
HI

I always use kitchen towel also and I do flush them.

I use the tesco recycled white ones.

You can get a disposable toilet brush that also goes down the bog.

In extreme cases I have had to use Acid on bowl where the brown stuff has got a good grip.

Dg, you work for £8.50 p/h?

Sorry, no offence, but you must be crazy, how can you run a business on £8.50?  If you even only pay min wage that doesn't leave a lot. You can get that in a supermarket, surely?

I charge £25-30+ per hour, although that is EOT, for domestic i would charge £12.50 -15

Regards

martin 8)

dhnjj

« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2007, 07:46:56 pm »
Hi dg

Have you had those clients very long? you could up the price every year or so to get it up to your current price. They are getting a very good deal for £8.50. If their on old contracts you could also issue a new contract each term to

Dave
Failure lies not with falling down.
Failure lies with not getting back up!

Cleaning Resource

« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2007, 09:20:05 pm »
Having now told every one that I buy my toilet brushes for 32p they are not actually what we use to clean with, we use unger toilet brushes they are $hit hot, if you got loads of toilets to do you don`t get a bad back cos they are longer and they are shaped to make scrubbing easier, and they hang in their stand on the edge of most kentucky buckets or stand free on the floor, the heads are replaceable and they last for ages. Cost 8 quid but i`ve got ones over a year old.

Cleaning Resource

« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2007, 11:52:43 pm »
just bringing it back to the top, it seemed a shame to see it drifting to the bottom of the pile.................................... ::) ???

garyj

« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2007, 12:30:45 am »
Those Ungar toilet brushes do last a long time. I've had one for over 5 years and its only had 10 new heads and 3 new handles.

garyj

« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2007, 11:22:40 pm »
Phew, this topic almost dropped off the page, thought I'd rescue it  ;D

JasmineG

« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2007, 11:21:23 pm »
Thanks for all the answers. I'm going to wear gloves from now on.