Indoor

Re: Dublcheck
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2007, 07:30:13 pm »
I bought Dublcheck 3 months ago. That was the best decision in my bussines life. :)

Art

« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2007, 07:39:52 pm »
I bought Dublcheck 3 months ago. That was the best decision in my bussines life. :)

I would've agreed with all the don't do it posts on this thread.

Glad it's going ok for you.

Arthur

Bertie Boo

« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2007, 08:25:03 pm »
indoor

what exactly is your business?

stephen

cml

« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2007, 08:47:53 am »
[I'm buying Dublcheck franchisee. Please tell me it is a good comapny? I will invest 20 K ...so I need advise from you guys ! :) ..
]

Indoors with respect you did not need advice if you bought this 3 months ago and thought it was the best thing you ever did. What ever advice the forum gave we could not have changed your current position unless you are now in doubt about what you have paid for and wanted out.  What happened to your USA Franchise?  Is this still operating and  successfully being a Franchise also? 

I understand why you went for a franchise given your reasons about the lanuage and you may believe that by doing this it will get your into companies.  When it comes to your sales pitching  with the money you've spent you could have hired someone to do the sales for you.  Having used a Franchise before you could have answered your own doubts.  You know you have no control over your business and still don't have confidence in sales pitching which is key to expanding any business.  So the questions is do you intend to grow your business or work for someone else and if so you may be happy with that for which you paid £20K for.

I do wish you luck and hope this lives up to your expectations. As a suggestion when dealing with some of the clients they may want to talk to you about other services.  Use these opportunity to get to grips with how you can present yourself and your services and you may just find you do not need a francise after all.

The Great One

« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2007, 09:27:06 am »
Hi

If his original post was 6 months ago, then the question was valid.

Hope it works out, but you may find yourself becoming disenfranchised.

Regards

Martin 8)

Indoor

« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2011, 06:46:53 pm »
After 4.5 years..Im still with Dublcheck...:)..so far so great !!! They helped me a lot..they friendly..helpful..Im very happy with them :)

BDCS

« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2011, 01:27:49 pm »
I've looked at their website but don't understand what your £20k+ buys. I can see the "invest and get my hand held for a while" security but in real terms ar'nt you just someone else's bitch. Surely you are just their onsite contracts manager ?

Buckland

« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2011, 04:06:37 pm »
This might explain quite a bit:

http://www.startuptv.co.uk/directory/franchise/dublcheck/dublcheck-interview.html

Carol is an impressive no-nonsense lass, you can see why she would get business, and I guess she still leads the sales team - lets hope she's got some equally impressive back-up because when she wants to take a back seat if she ain't got the A team in place it may all go t---s up

Their accounting procedures at the end of the FY must make interesting reading - how do they value the incumbencies in terms of guranteed business that they owe to franchisees? which side of the P and L do they put that little lot - if I was buying business from them I'd pay to see a copy of their trading and PL accounts etc

Anyway good luck to indoor - interesting thread what with franchises being so prevalent in our business sectors (CARPETS, DRIVES, CLEANING etc) - personally I'd run a mile before buying or even considering a franchise UNLESS you really are guaranteed business  like this one claims to do. And lets not forget maccadees and that lot are generally franchises - they have to start somewhere - unless there is alot of bad karma out there about a master franchise company they can pick up fresh meat fairly regular and esp when times is challenging like now with lots of public sector workers with payoffs and pensions are being put out to grass. In this day and age you have got to have something unique to be a successful franchisor - either an exclusive bit of kit (i.e. eco graffiti removal system, eco anti-fouling stripping etc) or a unique marketing system that has proven itself - its seems to me in this case the number one asset you are buying into with dublcheck may be carol herself...

It occurred to me initially that indoor was an agent provocateur (fisherman someone said) trying to flush out some free publicity for dublecheck but I have to admit it was a pretty good disguise...

Anyway the best bit of advice you can give anyone who is thinking of taking up a franchise (apart from DONT) is contained in those three letters D I Y...

Buckland Carpet & Fabric Care :: 01590 688938
www.SteamCleanCarpetService.co.uk