Indoor

Dublcheck
« on: April 14, 2007, 11:14:11 am »
I'm buying Dublcheck franchisee. Please tell me it is a good comapny? I will invest 20 K ...so I need advise from you guys ! :) ..

Dust Knights

Re: Dublcheck
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2007, 12:05:06 pm »
What are you getting for your £20k investment?

If it's for the name and reputation I'd invest my money elsewhere?

Chris

The Great One

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2007, 12:55:48 pm »
Hi

£20,000!!!

I stsrted my cleaning business with £50, turnover for the last 3 years about £72,000.

You will need to make £20,000 before you see any profit, and thats not including monthly fee's.

I have been down the Franchise route, please think very carefully, £20,000 is a lot of debt to be in, plus all the stress that comes from any new business venture.

Regards

Martin 8)

d s cleaning

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2007, 01:23:46 pm »
20k for what? a name, fancy overpriced stationary, little else and dont forget a percentage of your profits each year you may also have to go out of your way to do a job you dont realy want at a price you may think is too cheap taking into account of where the job is (parcleforce and interflora may get there in 30 mins they know all the short cuts and and who knows what this may take you 45 mins to find and dont forget you also have to get back) if it was me i would keep me 20k use some to advertise and some to invest ie pension

Liahona

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2007, 04:26:41 pm »
Indoor, you need to let us know what it is you are getting for your investment.  Without this knowledge we can not inform you if it is good or bad.  Martin started off with 50 quid which is nice as it is a very low start up cost  but accordingly has a very low turnover.  You may well get back your investment every month or at worse two months making it money well invested.  Again it really depends on what the provisions are for the 20k.  Some franchises are twice what you are being asked for but provide 30 to 40,000 pounds worth of work per month.  Not for everyone, granted but nevertheless the rewards are great.  I invested almost 50k to set up my business but accordingly I profit many times over that amount per year.  Each to their own but as long as the return is worth the investment then good luck to anyone how they chose to do that which they do.  Good luck whatever you decide, best, Dave.

john smith

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2007, 06:31:44 pm »
if your intent on building an asset base, then check that your franchise can be passed on to another family member when you retire, or god forbid (on sudden death).

It may be the case that it has to go back to the franchisor?

This is a point that is too often over looked.

Len Gribble

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2007, 07:02:56 pm »
Thought you were interested in nic?

Before DC started they had the master UK franchise of JK.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

heritagecleaning

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2007, 08:21:13 pm »
I was a Dublcheck franchisee once. I would advise you not to.

Owen

The Great One

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2007, 08:59:17 pm »
Hi

Start up cost is not relevent to income.

If i want I can go after commercial contracts but I choose not too, Cleaning for me is a means to an end, not something I intend to do for the rest of my life. 

I have other business interests that can yeild far more than cleaning ever could, but until such time, it's marigolds on.

Regards

Martin 8)

martin19842

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2007, 10:21:00 am »
hi there

indoor,

email me  martin.sales@btinternet.com

you dont want to be signing a cheque for £20k,

what area of the country are you in??

there are far more better ways of you getting up and going.

we started 3 years ago,
with £5Kinvestment,
6 months later another £10K investment,
all investment repaid in first 12 months,
and now turnover rolling 12 months to date turnover in excess of £250k,
a good salary, company vehicles,and a reasonable standard of living.
!!!
hard work, sweat and toil, and great fun, i must be mad!!!!

harder work, and then even better returns.

your £20k can be used a whole lot more effectively than a franchise.

i.e.

a chap was selling on here a vehicle, pressure washer and bowser,
add to that some targetted marketing, and some effective networking, and one business up and running.

there are so many more ideas.

a question to be asked of yourself??

why do i need to buy a franchise,  ??
can i not run my own business froim the ground up ??

the wrong answer to the above questions, may indicate that you dont have the right mental attitude to deliver the goods.

its only an opinion

regards

martin

murky

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2007, 01:26:43 pm »
We used to be a franchise but walked away.

I have to say I have never heard of them and I looked at allsorts of franchises.

Why spend 20k on a business start up doing this, most take your money and then leave you alone. You need to have a business or sales background to get these off the floor, and then of course if you had you wouldnt give them 20k to do something you could have done yourself anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look on here for general advice on starting a business, go buy a Henry and some bits and pieces and off you go.

Robert Parry

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2007, 01:59:32 pm »
Some people prefer a turnkey solution, others dont, there are many ways to enter the world of business, including the cleaning business.

At the end of the day, you always get what you pay for, for you to invest £20k , then ask the forum if this is a good idea, rings alarm bells for me, investing that amount of money, without any sort of background checks, is in my opinion foolish. You should have already checked out the franchise company in minute detail, financially, marketing, training etc. From your post, i dont believe this to be the case, you should have taken advice from your bank, accountant and the other franchise holders, and not just the names the company give you either.

The other advice on here, that all you need to do is buy a hoover, mop bucket etc and away you go, again is the wrong way to enter the industry, at least 80% of all self employed or so called companies within this industry start out this way, now dont get me wrong, some advice given on this forum is good, but most is tosh, the blind leading the blind as it were.

You can find this type of advice by the bucket load on this forum and others, most of it, i will concede, given with only the best of intentions, now please dont get me wrong, i am not a millionaire, nor am i an expert in all areas of cleaning or Health & Safety, employment law, but if i dont know, i entrust experts instead.

What I am certain of, is that we offer our clients a top notch service at a price that is both fair and reasonable, tailored to their exact requirements.

So my final advice would be to check out your franchisor, utilising the expertise of others, and dont rush in to any deal, keep reading the forum and asking questions, and only when your satisfied that you are making the right decision go ahead and decide if this is something you want to persue, the best of luck.

Regards,

Rob
A world of difference....

Cleaning Resource

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2007, 04:02:46 pm »
I knew some one with a minster cleaning franchise, he had to pay them 7% of his turnover (yes turnover, not profit) they put so much pressure on him to get the turnover high that he was taking contracts which hardly earned  him anything, just to keep them of his back.............................. ; ::)

personally I can`t see what a franchise can offer you that you can`t do yourself, it`ll be like having a partner who takes a cut of your money for doing sod  ::)all

Indoor

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2007, 09:08:45 pm »
For 20 K i will get £26,400 a year
" Guaranteed " ..  :)  every additional  14 K a year will cost me 5 K ...English is my second language ..so Franchise is best for me to get any work :) ..Thank You guys for advice :)

martin19842

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2007, 09:14:33 pm »
hi there

indoor, you need to read the small print on that guaranteed bit, its not as easy as that.

regards

martin

Indoor

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2007, 09:15:26 pm »
I was a Dublcheck franchisee once. I would advise you not to.

Owen
Why ? tell me more :)   mosszahary@tlen.pl

Indoor

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2007, 09:56:33 pm »
Indoor, you need to let us know what it is you are getting for your investment.  Without this knowledge we can not inform you if it is good or bad.  Martin started off with 50 quid which is nice as it is a very low start up cost  but accordingly has a very low turnover.  You may well get back your investment every month or at worse two months making it money well invested.  Again it really depends on what the provisions are for the 20k.  Some franchises are twice what you are being asked for but provide 30 to 40,000 pounds worth of work per month.  Not for everyone, granted but nevertheless the rewards are great.  I invested almost 50k to set up my business but accordingly I profit many times over that amount per year.  Each to their own but as long as the return is worth the investment then good luck to anyone how they chose to do that which they do.  Good luck whatever you decide, best, Dave.

I get 26 K / year ..additional 14 K/ year  for  5 K  (investment of :  20 ooo this includes 8 K " one time franchise fee "

Cleaning Resource

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2007, 11:03:21 pm »
there are alot of cleaning contracts worth that, surely you could manage to get one contract worth 30k without spending 20K, when you think the ave contract say for 2hrs a day 5 days per week is worth min 5k a year you only have to get 5 to match the 25k they "guarantee you"  ::)

Indoor

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2007, 07:54:37 am »
there are alot of cleaning contracts worth that, surely you could manage to get one contract worth 30k without spending 20K, when you think the ave contract say for 2hrs a day 5 days per week is worth min 5k a year you only have to get 5 to match the 25k they "guarantee you"  ::)

Do you help me ?? ...heheheh..I will pay you 10 K cash  if you find 30 K work for me :P

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2007, 09:13:58 am »
As I see one advatage of a Franchise is a way to hide inexperience, and have Rules such as Staff , Healthy Saftety sorted for you

If you use a Franchise people think you are a big company.

What is the diffrence between a Franchise and Large Company

Both could employ people with No Experience.

Franchises do depend on the size of your wallet.

Hopefully if a large company was seeking a Manager they would be able to choose from qualified people.

Selling

Coping wih rejection is the hardest thing by the sounds of it Dubcheck does the selli for you.

In their advert they qoute reasonable Margins but the question would be are all contracts sold negotiated to achieve this price with the correct level of staff.