Guy near me runs a fleet of vehicles ex builder all he does is gutter cleaning 

Smurf

Re: Roof cleaning / moss removal
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2017, 05:23:28 pm »
Not Ben's gutters by any chance?

Smurf

« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2017, 06:48:00 pm »
3 times this week I was asked  if I clean moss from roofs.  There is not a week goes by that at least one requests a quote.
God knows why as I don't advertise or do bloody roof cleaning as I'm way too old and knackered  for all that malarky

M Roberts

« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2017, 07:27:20 pm »
Not Ben's gutters by any chance?
Steves

John Peacock

« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2017, 03:19:20 pm »
theres a guy a fews doors down from me, he had new roof tiles done on his 3 bed semi, and when i spoke to him about it, the only reason he had it done was cos he got a deal on the tiles (4K) the old tiles were ok, other than old, dirty, bit of moss & bird poop. i asked what he would pay to have had the roof cleaned? the dude didn't even know you could get the roof cleaned! :o so i said what about 700 quid? he said if you did it for £500 he could even get the neibour to do theres as well, so there you have it an easy £1K !

if only someone could invent a drone or something to take a hose up to those roof tiles, and clean em!....we be millioniares by next year! i'm sure i could get customers from both sides of semis for £500 each! an easy £1000 day in day out! ;D

Plankton

« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2017, 02:32:43 pm »
2 bed semis (up and over) at £300 takes around 30 min to set up, 2 hours max for the clean and 30 - 45 min to clear up, so half a shift. 3 bed up and over isn't much more and I would charge £350-400 pack up and go home for an easy shift. That's alright if the works coming in consistently but when folk are quoting less there's no work. If your getting £700 down south for 3 bed semis at around 75sqm that's 40% more. If any one is nocking work back on a weekly basis at the above prices give me a shout ;)

JetVac Cleaning

« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2017, 11:35:12 pm »
I carry out lots of roof cleans in the south East and would happily agree a percentage deal with anyone to pass detail onto me.  Email jetvaccleaning@hotmail.co.uk if you want to discuss

John Peacock

« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2017, 10:14:05 am »
@JetVac Cleaning @Alan Ritchie

If the roofs are only dirty, have the odd bit of moss , & bird poop,
can it be cleaned only using the SH & softwash method?
do you guys still go onto the roof?

My understanding is that jet-washing removes the coating of tiles & damages them?
is this correct?

i have spoken to anther person that lives down the road, they would pay £500
i'm waiting on him to let me know if his neibour would agree to it as well,
@JetVac Cleaning what sort of percentage deal would you be happy with?
btw. i'm in farnham hampshire.

JetVac Cleaning

« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2017, 03:51:04 pm »
I would pay 10% of total job price for roof cleaning works. Jetwashing can damage a roof yes but done professionally by someone who knows what they are doing is ok. I personally don't pressure wash roofs anymore because I prefer the softwash method. SH is not the only chemical used in softwashing so there are many options available. £500 for a simple up and over roof is a bit cheap. We generally price standard roofs from £750 upwards. If there was 2 semi roofs attached then I would probably agree to do them together for £1000 but would request pictures ect first. You can email me jetvaccleaning@hotmail.co.uk  if you want to discuss further

John Peacock

« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2017, 07:34:26 am »
@JetVac Cleaning

my aim would be to get both house holders (2 semi roofs ) £599 each for the roof cleaning.
if i got you regular 2 semi roofs for say £1,198 would you be ok with paying a 20% commision?
btw, what do you mean by: 'simple up and over roof'?
thnx.

JetVac Cleaning

« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2017, 07:45:07 pm »
Yes can do 20% on that figure. What I mean is if there's garages and porches or bigger properties which require more work it would push the price up ect.