Smurf

Re: what to charge for applying hypo
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2015, 04:27:55 pm »
Depends what type of surface it is but if it's concreate slabs I tend to use 1:1 mix roughly 7% in a window cleaners bucket.
Wet all the area down first including boarders, plants and grass where the runoff might go with a garden hose first.

I find the simplest way is to use a deck brush or cheapo car/truck brush and slap it on and brush it in.
Let dwell for about half an hour making sure it remains wet and don't dry out.
Scrub stubbon areas with a deck brush and re-apply if needed.
Then just rinse off with a garden hose.

Hypo at that streagth is nasty stuff to handle and use so wear ppe eye protection, gloves, wellies and old cloths.
Keep pets and children out of the area whilst still wet and don't let anybody walk through it either as could be tracked back into the home. Don't use it if there is a pond nearby either as the runoff will kill anything living in the pond.

If a pet should walk through it the get the owner to dunk it in water so it don't damage it's paws etc.
Likewise footware should be removed and washed when going into the house if someone in the household decides to walk through it after you told them not to.

No matter how many times I tell people I end up running after pets and telling off the owners for walking through it too. ;D

It's harmless when the surface is dry thank god. ::)roll

Mixing trade tip: add the water first before you add the hypo as it can splash and make sure you wear safety glasses as you don't want that stuff going in your eyes. Also wear chem resistant glove to protect your hands too. 

I don't like to spray it on as being a spray can drift anywhere even in the lightest of winds. 

Jamie Thomas

« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2015, 08:32:32 pm »
I was going to ask about the pets. Think you have coverd the whole operation.
                                                   Thank You Smurf

Smurf

« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2015, 10:36:12 pm »
No probs ;)

Thank You Smurf

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2015, 11:56:40 pm »
                                                   Thank You Smurf
Yes indeed Smurf has covered it well fair bowls to him as sodium hypochlorite no matter what strength needs to be used with extreme caution as it is really nasty stuff to be working with.

robert tynan

« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2015, 12:21:48 am »
smurf , you forgot to mention the led  flashing ;D,

Smurf

« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2015, 12:35:21 am »
Don't get many lead flasing patio's around my way but a good point though if you get it on soft metals like ali  frames or copper gas pipes for instance make sure you rinse it down well as hypo will eat away at soft metals if not rinsed down well.

smurf , you forgot to mention the led  flashing ;D,