Matt.

Re: pressure washer ?
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2015, 07:31:37 pm »
When I was buying, I was told if you are going to buy a second hand machine, a 21 lpm 200 bar so to say, with lances an hoses, not to pay more than 800 as it's then on the boundary of buying new, so as Serg says it may be worth picking one up for 750 ish and being able to sell on for 500 ish if you do decide to buy a new one, that way there's not a massive out lay and jobs can then be done, money starts coming and equipment can then be renewed.

I think no matter what, your going to need a tank to draw from so you will need something that hold about 300L ( this won't last long so need to be feeding it ) I use 650 and can empty a full tank in just over an hour if am not feeding it, so the bigger the better really, just depends on van size,

Again the info am given is not to buy a second hand fsc as on another post there tonight it's gone pop just like a second hand machine can, ( not to put a dampner on the idea ), and am sure I read about someone buying a fsc the other day, it would not work with his machine or something so beware and check first before spending

water fed bill

« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2015, 09:31:40 pm »
Thanks for the advice will let you know when I decide what to do.

water fed bill

« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2015, 02:14:41 pm »
Ok so we went for the clarke machine got the Vat knocked off so worked out with delivery £503. Have also ordered a 22" whirlaway. So may need more advice when it arrives.
Cheers

serj shergill

« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2015, 03:41:20 pm »
Will  a 22inch whirlaway  work effectively  off a Clarke  pressurewasher?  I would think you will need at least  21lpm. I am guessing  your  whirlaway  cost as much as your pressure  washer? Only my thought, you would have been better of spending  the extra on a pressure washer and using a turbo lance if your budget  was tight.

Ben Marriott

« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2015, 03:42:06 pm »
Will  a 22inch whirlaway  work effectively  off a Clarke  pressurewasher?  I would think you will need at least  21lpm. I am guessing  your  whirlaway  cost as much as your pressure  washer? Only my thought, you would have been better of spending  the extra on a pressure washer and using a turbo lance if your budget  was tight.

+1

It will run it... but ish
Rutland Pumps Limited - 01572 729412- sales@rutlandpumps.co.uk

water fed bill

« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2015, 08:38:09 pm »
Hi sorry for the late reply guys have just got it all set up and running after abit of messing about its runs the whirlaway but ive not had anything really dirty to try it on so I am worried now that it may be nit good enough would I be better with a smaller one ?

Smurf

« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2015, 12:33:55 am »
I've been lucky to date as have always brought good used pressure washing kit cheap which is still going strong.

So I can say when starting out when you’re on a tight budget you don't have to buy new at all. Just need to make sure you buy it at the right price to start with so if it goes tits up you have not lost out.

I have so far accumulated 3 pressure washers and 4 spinners (2 whirlaway and 2 dirt devil) that in total I paid out less than a grand for the lot.

Plankton

« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2015, 11:33:24 pm »
I've been lucky to date as have always brought good used pressure washing kit cheap which is still going strong.

So I can say when starting out when you’re on a tight budget you don't have to buy new at all. Just need to make sure you buy it at the right price to start with so if it goes tits up you have not lost out.

I have so far accumulated 3 pressure washers and 4 spinners (2 whirlaway and 2 dirt devil) that in total I paid out less than a grand for the lot.
How much in repairs and over what period of time and do you service them yourself. If you don't mind me asking :)

Smurf

« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2015, 12:11:33 am »
Not spent a penny in repairs as of yet. What you have to service them aswell?  ;D

How much in repairs and over what period of time and do you service them yourself. If you don't mind me asking :)

serj shergill

« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2015, 09:38:43 pm »
Don't want to sound negative,  I would be surprised if your flat surface cleaner will remove stubborn weeds etc with the flow rate of your pressure washer, it will clean your brickwork though. The problem is you will be doubling your workload with using a flat surface cleaner then a turbo nozzle.  I only ever use my lance to rinse as my whirlaway takes care of everything else. Also the whole point of the flat surface cleaner is to save time over a lance.

scott johns

« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2015, 10:07:12 pm »
try spinaclean lovely company excellent service and back up

Ben Marriott

« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2015, 10:16:46 pm »
Lovely but their prices are mental! No one should be able to get away with a 2k net profit on a pressure washer.
http://www.spinaclean.com/patio-paving-surface-cleaning-packages.asp
Rutland Pumps Limited - 01572 729412- sales@rutlandpumps.co.uk

Smurf

« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2015, 09:07:58 am »
They do look a wee bit overpriced like all the stuff the chap seems to sell  ::)roll

Lovely but their prices are mental! No one should be able to get away with a 2k net profit on a pressure washer.
http://www.spinaclean.com/patio-paving-surface-cleaning-packages.asp