BSF

Re: sick pay
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2006, 05:31:15 pm »
Hi BSF
Sorry for not replying to your post I went to bed .

I dont want to get into an argument with you, as you might shoot
me with your Tank.

Its not mine :o
Regards

BSF

Phoenix

« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2006, 11:00:10 am »
BSF,

Talk about misleading, At least I admitted I quoted wrongly, were you not misleading on 11th April post Quote "In this case most of the ssp has been recovered, in others all is recovered depending on figures."

90% of my staff wouldn’t qualify for ssp, so I don’t really have any problem.

graham

BSF

« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2006, 12:01:19 pm »
Phoenix and all, I am sorry if my post came across as meaning in all cases you claim back 100% of ssp, I do understand the general principle of the percentage threshold scheme, as I pointed out you were wrong to inform members that it went on total payroll, its worked out on 13% of your gross nic’s, as I said phoenix I get someone else to do it for me so mistakes don’t happen, perhaps this is something you should seriously consider, then you wouldn’t get in such a mess with yours.

In some cases all ssp is recovered!

90% of my staff only work 10hrs per week and wouldn’t qualify for ssp, that’s a fact.

Regards

BSF
Regards

BSF

BSF

« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2006, 08:03:47 pm »
BSF,

Talk about misleading, At least I admitted I quoted wrongly, were you not misleading on 11th April post Quote "In this case most of the ssp has been recovered, in others all is recovered depending on figures."

graham

Graham,

you are a star ;D

Stick to driving Lorries, accounts just aren’t your thing ::)

Is the post you quote me on misleading Graham?, apart from the bit about the employers contributions, the rest is right…. here it is from 11th April..

Hang on before you get back on your high horse again, your information is very misleading ???, I do understand how it works even though I do admit to using a payroll service.

The PTS doesn’t go off your £10,000 per wk payroll its on the amount of gross class 1 nic liability in the month, if this was £200 13% of this is £26

If your total ssp for the tax month was £150 the total is more than the 13% nic figure by £124 in this instance you’d get back this amount, then you would pay the IR £76 for the month.

In this case most of the ssp has been recovered, in others all is recovered depending on figures.

Wait , Slow down. ???

You cannot claim SSP back from the taxman unless it is worth more than 13% of your total weekly or monthly payroll. I have just in the last 6 months had a visit from the Employers Compliance team (Mr Blairs thieves) and ended up paying back Almost £10,000 spread over a two year period where I was claiming back SSP incorrectly as like you I thought I could claim it back.

Speak to your local tax office and ask them for the relevent booklets.

I was lucky they did'nt add any interest because I was open and honest with them as my previous inspection had not picked it up three years earlier, they can charge up to 8% interest.

Please seek advice from your tax office now :o :o :o

You expect me to believe you have had to pay back £10,000 of  ssp that you claimed back incorrectly, rubbish!

Remember its not on your payroll amount each month (in your case about £43k) it’s the employers share of class 1 contributions, in your case your wage bill would have to be a wee bit higher in order for you to owe them £10,000 in two years, I suggest you contact your tax office!

Regards

Paul ;D ;D

Graham, I think its you that needs some advice from your tax office! what do you think Fox & Phil? as you both thought Graham was right in thinking it went on total payroll amount, Nora from Arleys Angels cant comment cause shes just deleted her account.

I cannot believe someone that claims to have a 1.7 million turnover doesnt know how to claim back ssp.

All input is welcome ;D ;D ;D ;D

Regards

BSF
Regards

BSF

Prestige1

« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2006, 08:53:57 pm »
6 of 1 and half a dozen of the other! my post was in responce of BSF post where he gave the impression all ssp paid to an employee can be claimed back, I simply said you can only claim back a percentage not all. My sage package works it out for me, so theres no need for me to know all the ins and outs, but this post has gone on and on, lots of aggression and ill feeling as testostorone takes charge and no one wants to be wrong. I still lean towards Pheonix allthough the detail may have been inncorrect. I am sure your big enough to take my oppinion on the chin BSF and move on, lets not get into a slagging match ah?
kind regards Phil
Who Dares Wins

Fox

« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2006, 07:32:50 am »
I know what is right and what is wrong and stating that you can claim back all of SSP is wrong, it does depend on your payroll although as you so kindly pointed out not your total but your gross ni.

You have given some good advice on other posts so I am not about to get into a slanging match with you. (As much as you goad I have not got PMT at present!  ;D

I am just glad that everyone now knows the correct procedure for SSP.

Finito
Fox

BSF

« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2006, 03:15:26 pm »
Fox and Phil, thank you for your replie/s, I’m also glad we all now know how the ssp system works me too now, Graham please don’t take my posts the wrong way, I like a bit of banter its my sense of humour, its all light hearted fun on my part.

I was wrong to assume that all ssp is always claimed back, as I said my payroll is all done for me, I can take criticism, I am big enough and ugly enough to take it on the chin.

No offence has been meant to anyone on any of my posts not even CMS.

Regards

BSF
Regards

BSF

Phoenix

« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2006, 03:53:52 pm »
Dear All

Hoooray, end of topic I think, good debate.

Best Regards

Graham