Ali_D

Logo Design
« on: March 21, 2006, 06:17:03 pm »
Hi

Now looking into designing my logo   ???

A local firm wants £100 and found a site on the web that does it for 99$, but that's quite basic.

I'm on a tight budget, so does anyone know of anyone cheaper or a cheaper way of doing it?

Thanks
Ali

Grafters Cleaning Services

Re: Logo Design
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2006, 06:25:45 pm »
what sort of logo are you after ali
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

Ali_D

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2006, 06:36:03 pm »
Hmmmm, now that's the big question???

I've got about 6 different ones.  One includes a photo, but i think printing it on letterheads, business cards etc is going to be quite expensive.  The others are more or less based around a maid with a duster, maybe a black silouhette with a background colour that I can use as a theme for uniforms, etc - imagination couldn't stretch any further than that I'm afraid!

Any ideas?

niceandclean

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2006, 08:32:10 pm »
My misses is in the trade, she is a freelance graphic designer!! She maybe able to help. Depends on what you want? The way to go at the moment is a nice contemporary font, with no pictures!

mxg

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2006, 08:38:03 pm »
Your local printer should be able to do some basic graphic design included in the price for your printing if you are on a restricted budget. Ask them to come up with a couple of options. I would agree with the comments about stick people & pictures - they look a bit dated now.

Mick

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2006, 09:34:27 pm »
How do you call your business?
Regards,
Arthur

Ali_D

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2006, 09:54:18 pm »
Top of the list is Ali's Angels - Home and Office Cleaning Services (this one's the favourite because of my positioning in Yellow Pages, i.e. first hopefully ;)).

Don't know if its a bit naff! but the other ones are naffer (if there is such a word)!! :-[

I'd welcome any suggestions.

Ali

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2006, 09:56:22 pm »
"Ali's Angels - Home and Office Cleaning Services" - tooooo long I am afraid

Ali_D

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2006, 10:03:05 pm »
I thought that too but I'm a bit scared by commercial/industrial cleaning so that's why I put the home and office bit in.  Ali's Angels doesn't tell people what the company does.  What do you think about Ali's Angels with Cleaning Services underneath?

Thanks for the help by the way :)

Ali

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2006, 10:08:52 pm »
Keep it short and easy to remember, if you are  sole trader you've got to have your name in the business name.  How about "Ali's Cleaning Agency"
Regards,
Arthur

-------
Added later:

or "Ali's Cleaning Angels", but I do not think angels would bother to clean ;D, just kidding  ;)

lisa123

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2006, 10:12:56 pm »
keep it simple, mines boring, but memerable i hope.
Lisa's Cleaning Services, and underneath i have domestic and office cleaners.
As long as people know what you do by your name they will remember you. My cvlients call us the lisa's. Mind you me and my biz partner (both lisa's) have always been called that, by parents, teachers and everone else in the world that knows us.
We have been friends since we were about 5.

shelton

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2006, 10:17:28 pm »
Don't know why, but I have an image of the 2 Julie's from Bad Girls in my head now . .. .

:o  ;D

lisa123

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2006, 10:25:00 pm »
 ;D
sorry to freak you out.

Theres loads of Lisa's in Shrewsbury, it must be a mid 70's to mid 80's thing.
There was 5 of us in one class called lisa at one point. So confusing.

Our customers like the novelty though

Art

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2006, 10:40:30 pm »
Keep it short and easy to remember, if you are  sole trader you've got to have your name in the business name.  How about "Ali's Cleaning Agency"
Regards,
Arthur

-------
Added later:

or "Ali's Cleaning Angels", but I do not think angels would bother to clean ;D, just kidding  ;)

Why as a sole trader, must you have your name in the business title????

Ali_D

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2006, 10:41:33 pm »
Having second thoughts about going for the 'cheesy' angels bit, but then again, it may catch people's eye, but I want to portray professional not cheesy..... Ooooh I don't know. Decisions decisions. I've got so much swirling round in my brain at the mo, its becoming a blur.  Perhaps a glass of wine will help ;D

Ali

P.S. no offence to anyone with angels in their co name.

« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2006, 10:47:56 pm »
Regards,
Arthur

-------
Added later:

Why as a sole trader, must you have your name in the business title????

Have been told so in the past, sorry wrong info.  I have just checked with Business Link website and found out that I was missinformed, Thx Arthur (SNA Cleaning Services) for pointing this out.
Regards,
Arthur

Art

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2006, 10:55:56 pm »
Having second thoughts about going for the 'cheesy' angels bit, but then again, it may catch people's eye, but I want to portray professional not cheesy..... Ooooh I don't know. Decisions decisions. I've got so much swirling round in my brain at the mo, its becoming a blur.  Perhaps a glass of wine will help ;D

Ali

P.S. no offence to anyone with angels in their co name.

Ali,

Ali's angels sounds fine, it's easy to remember.

Work comes from marketing, recommendations ,a good sales pitch and providing a quality service.IMO

Arthur

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2006, 11:46:40 pm »
Ali, as I designed my logo myself I have just gone through my drafts and here what I could offer:

If you wish to change fronts, colours or insert other business name let me know and do it free of charge.
Regards,
Arthur

garyj

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2006, 12:01:51 am »
keep it simple, mines boring, but memerable i hope.
Lisa's Cleaning Services, and underneath i have domestic and office cleaners.
As long as people know what you do by your name they will remember you. My cvlients call us the lisa's.

Its a brilliant idea that could catch on, it worked for Barker & Corbett.
How about SNA & AJ getting together for the 2 Arthurs. Your clients would remember you as well.
How about a poll? Is it a good idea or not.

Art

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2006, 12:22:07 am »
Ali, as I designed my logo myself I have just gone through my drafts and here what I could offer:

If you wish to change fronts, colours or insert other business name let me know and do it free of charge.
Regards,
Arthur

Wouldn't there be a copyright issue here?