Rob_Mac

Re: first chewing gum removal job
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2014, 03:15:22 pm »
That's a job we did removing chewing gum from the entrance to Croydon University Hospital. We were inside with people everywhere.

Same on the outside. Possibly one of the most demanding jobs I have done.

Rob ;D

Smurf

« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2014, 04:23:13 pm »
Is that an osprey steamer you are using there rob?

Rob_Mac

« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2014, 04:27:06 pm »
It's one of these

http://www.miragreen.ie/

Rob ;D

trevor perry

« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2014, 05:34:08 pm »
It's one of these

http://www.miragreen.ie/

Rob ;D

That machine is totally different than a Thermotech in that  it is steam but unlike Thermotech it is only low pressure hence the need for the wire brush to loosen the gum. Personally i have never used a thermotech  and have only seen it demonstrated very briefly but it did look verty effective. I use my 21 ltr 3000 psi hot machine split between two lances with 03 15 degree nozzles used on each lance so each lance has about 10 litres a minute flowrate at 3000 psi and this works extremely well but i can see the advantage of the thermotech in heavily pedestrianized areas due to the low flowrate but at the price they want for them cant see me buying one
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

Rob_Mac

« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2014, 05:53:58 pm »
Couldn't have used any flow rate other than the steam on that job Trev. We were actually inside the main entrance.

I know it's a different machine, I think we have spoken about this before.

I have had a change of heart on the machines.

I would buy a Thermatech because it would compliment where we are going as a business.

It wont happen this year, unless we have a blinder

Rob ;D

Darranvps

« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2014, 09:18:07 am »
The lads are up at a hospital in Slough this weekend - chewing gum removal to lots of paths and entrances.

They are using a DOFF 5ltr per min at 150 degrees C - Similar to Thermatech as well as a 30 ltr per min 200 BAR ZETA coupled up to an Aquila Hotbox

Can't wait to get the Falch T3H next week...........(If I can find more employees to start working for us and they can use it!)

Rob_Mac

« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2014, 10:14:27 am »
Did you buy the second hand one

Rob ;D

Darranvps

« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2014, 04:19:19 pm »
Did you buy the second hand one

Rob ;D

Agreed to buy it next week - new ones are crazy money

Rob_Mac

« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2014, 08:47:43 pm »
I'll come and work for you Darren. Yeh baby!!

Rob ;D

clive ware

« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2014, 08:55:04 pm »
I`ve just been asked to give a quote to remove gum and powerwash 1,200 metre of paving from a retail park. (Sports DDirect, Next etc). I have a Matrix gum machine which I reckon would take a week to remove the gum alone before power washing it all. Would I be better off using a machine like a Thermatech to clean and remove gum in one go?

Rob_Mac

« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2014, 01:55:43 pm »
Clive - No!

The Jos/Doff/Thermatech whatever they are called this month are too slow.

I worked on a Tesco storefront last night, block paving to three sides, priced it for 2 nights, finished in one, with cold water alone. I would say the gum was medium density.

No matter how you clean the flooring you will still have to spot remove gum, i've got dry steam machines and if it was my job I would pressure wash the flooring, have two lads behind spot removing gum, with either the dry steam machines or hot pressure washers.

If you don't have the set up either hot pressure wash the lot, with spot gum removal or cold pressure wash the lot and then go back and hot water the gum and rinse.

Take my word for it that a hot pressure washer will be quicker than a 7 LPM Thermatech box. If you want to ring I will explain

Rob ;D

clive ware

« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2014, 12:40:03 am »
Cheers Rob - Appriciate that!