blacksheep

Re: non payment by commercial contract
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2006, 07:47:44 am »
 I got mine from my bank,you could tipex it and put your bank name in place in black ink , see what happens .Not sure if all banks are the same . If you ask at yours they will give you a couple to photo copy and use, have you got a business account.

lisa123

« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2006, 10:11:30 am »
yeah i have a biz bank acc now, i'll just tipex and photocopy  :)
Thanks xx

dustdees

« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2006, 06:15:42 pm »
Hi Lisa,

How did you manage to get your business account then? You had the same problems as me , how fif you overcome them?

Cheers

Denisexx

lisa123

« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2006, 08:54:58 pm »
hi denise

i dunno what happened !
my own bank wouldnt give me biz account, and some of others didnt want to know me.
lloydstsb gave us one straight away, maybe they know something i dont.

« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2006, 09:15:57 pm »
...my own bank wouldnt give me biz account, and some of others didnt want to know me...
Who do you bank with?
Regards,
Arthur

lisa123

« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2006, 10:08:30 pm »
natwest is my personal account holder, have been with them for 3 years, was with hsbc, and halifax previous to that.

Whe  i was 16 i had a tsb account that my parents set up for me when i was at college. closed it a few years later.

Now lloyds tsb have opened their arms to me. my credit score is terrible though.

« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2006, 10:11:28 pm »
Lisa, you should edit your last post and delete last sentence.
Regards,
Arthur

lisa123

« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2006, 10:13:53 pm »
why? I'm not fussed if people know about me :)

« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2006, 10:15:02 pm »
 :)

williamx

« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2006, 10:15:49 pm »
Lisa

Bet you £10000 that I owe more than you ;D

lisa123

« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2006, 10:19:52 pm »
ha ha  ;D
I'm good with my money these days, i blame dodgy ex boyfriends who got too friendly with my money for the big debts i have.

It prob wasnt much compared to other people, but its loads to me.
nevermind, forget i said it.
i must remember to stop being so honest lol

AuRavelling79

« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2006, 10:46:29 pm »
Just read this thread Lisa123 - can I offer my experience of the commercial world.

Lots of larger firms are set in their ways - they pay 30 days and the wheels grind to that speed. Sometimes you see the words 30 days net or nett - this means that if you send them an invoice at any point in one month they'll not pay you at the end of the following month.

So by and large we adapt to their ways.

However you can play your cards too such as.

When you get the contract - at that point say "We're a relatively small firm with wages to be paid weekly - can you pay us more promptly?" or "Can you pay from petty cash?" or "A cheque on completion?"

(One firm I deal with pays me £70 cash upon receipt as soon as I finish the job! It's a bit embarrassing because I have to stretch it to take two hours! - Another insists upon an invoice for £35 because "thats what their accountant told them to do".)

So we have to be flexible.

But... I do not get taken for a ride - I have the number of all the accounts staff and I am on first name terms e.g. "Hi Sally it's only me, your window cleaner - any chance of getting that little £250 cheque off to me? The kids need new shoes and the wife's running low on Vodka!"

Or when the promised cheque hasn't arrived "Hi Mike, you know that cheque you said needed a second signature? Any chance of chasing it up only I need it because I can't get the Bentley out of the garage until I pay for the new tyres!"

A bit of humour seems to work when judiciously applied!

Malc G of the "once took a solicitor to court for £600 and got paid the day before the hearing" class! (Actually they are easy meat - they daren't get a CCJ!)
It's a game of three halves!