Re: non payment by commercial contract
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2006, 08:05:13 pm »
I would still like to answer your post:

...I didn't put the charges clause in this contract, I should have but it isn't there.
Can i still charge a late payment fee?

You can start charging late payment fee 30 days after presenting them with your invoice regardless whether you mentioned it in your terms and conditions or not.  

If you wish to go that path you should get from them something confirming their satisfactory of you service first, otherwise once they get your letter they may refuse to pay to you at all, saying that you did a bad work.

The Business Link says:
If another business pays you later than agreed, you have the legal right to claim interest on the overdue amount. Unless your terms and conditions or invoices state otherwise, payment is due after 30 days.

Regards,
Arthur

lisa123

« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2006, 09:30:56 pm »
Thanks, I didnt know if i was still entitled to, as it wasn't in my T&C's.
They are happy with our work, they have told us on lots of occaisions. I might send a satisfaction survey soon, just before the next invoice is due, I have it in writing then, being a bit sneaky  ;D

lisa123

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2006, 07:17:52 pm »
oh well, promised cheque is no where to be seen.  :-\
It's friday 2moz (obviously) its our last day of the week cleaning. I think a meeting on monday will have to be arranged.

mark dew

« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2006, 07:36:28 pm »
oh well, promised cheque is no where to be seen.  :-\
It's friday 2moz (obviously) its our last day of the week cleaning. I think a meeting on monday will have to be arranged.

Maybe they posted 2nd class.

clifford

« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2006, 09:31:59 pm »
when you said that you deal with the receptionist and she sorts it out with the accounts for you ,why dont you ask to speak to the accounts departmet seems to me that it all seems to be a bit like chinese wispers speak to the person who is responsible for paying the bill direct not some bloody receptionist that hasnt really got anything to do with it!!!!

cliff

lisa123

« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2006, 10:01:40 pm »
It's always been her that we deal with.
Anyway, if nothing srrives in the bank or the post in the morning, then words will have to be said.

Art

« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2006, 10:32:12 pm »
Lisa,

As Cliff said , phone up and ask to speak to accounts, tell them you'll pick the cheque up in person

*Chris Browne

« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2006, 06:41:40 am »
Or tell them your sending "the boys round" ;)

chris

blacksheep

« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2006, 08:04:25 am »
hi ya lisa, i am having the same trouble, may be if you ask accounts that if their having difficulty paying ,a standing order may be a better route and more of benfit to both parties. I am going to insist on this now as i wanted do do this in the begaining but the comment was made were not going anywhere ! i should have pushed it.i rang ,shes never there, when i go to clean i feel shes avoiding me.I should now in hindsight, sent the first invoice out the first day i started the contract and i would not be in a cash flow problum now.and looking at it that way , they are  only behind in febs but i am sending out my next invoice on 28 and cant afford to to not get paid again. I am trying to word a letter without saying  the cleaning is going to stop  because i cant afford you lot.

lisa123

« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2006, 10:11:43 am »
Its all fun and games isn't it black sheep. I see it all as a learning experience, and confidence building.
I received a remittance advice slip today stating my paymkent had been credited by cheque. I haven't seen the cheqe so maybe they paid it direct to the bank.
I'll write to them and insist that they set up a standing order payment with the bank, or a direct debit. Has anyone got a direct debit request form??
I'm also going to state that if payment is late on further occaisions then charges and interest will be applied. Maybe this will get them to pay up.
Have a word with yours blacksheep, would a court letter get them to pay?

clifford

« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2006, 10:53:09 am »
hi

if i was you i wouldnt go down the court route!!! this will only cause problems.

if a client is a late payer i advise to speak to the accounts as i said above!i myself would never refuse to clean a place because there was a payment over due unless it was a month over but it would be the last thing i would want to do..

if you refuse to clean it is more than likely they will boot you out!

and what would u prefer no job at all or a late payment???? ??? ???

lisa123

« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2006, 12:27:34 pm »
the chq is here!! hurray  ;D

i didn't want to stop service, but it was 16 days late. i havent had to stop service as chq is here.
i will write to say if payment is late again then i'll charge interest of 8% plus base rate per day until payment is received, and £25 per week that we have to chase. Is this allowed?

blacksheep

« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2006, 12:31:22 pm »
 I have one lisa, when my son come in i will get him to scan it on here, if you can do that, not much good with pc

blacksheep

« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2006, 12:34:20 pm »
lisa , send me your address to my e mail and i will send it by post to day kiscleaning@hotmail.com

lisa123

« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2006, 12:58:33 pm »
you have email blacksheep xx

blacksheep

« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2006, 02:40:29 pm »
post man pat on his way ;D

« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2006, 03:15:00 am »
Lisa,

I have now responded to your e-mail, but I am afraid that instead of MONTHLY you should read YEARLY…

However, I have found this link were you can calculate the amount of interest you are entitled to charge on outstanding debts...

Hope it helps,
Regards,
Arthur

lisa123

« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2006, 12:30:45 pm »
Thanks blacksheep i got the form  :)

Thanks AJ for all your help. the cheque is now in the bank waiting to clear.

With the next invoice I'll send them a form to set up standing order, hopefully that should stop it from happening again..

blacksheep

« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2006, 06:14:03 pm »
glad to help

lisa123

« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2006, 07:32:50 pm »
just have a quick question blacksheep, you know where it says to barclys, at the top, do i put the name of my bank there?