Boston Spa Cleaning Services

Re: Would you pay for advice?
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2006, 01:29:04 am »
bad weekend then lol

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2006, 07:59:09 pm »
I am concerned about people using this and other Forum and then starting to use it to charge for their advise.

however Karl was asking a small sum and the money is going to charity, I do not think it will stop him posting here. and will hopefully be avaiable through his Web Site

Regarding The Gods I agree

Ive just had notification from another Forum that you will in future have to post a passport size photo

Im sure Woodman your Moderator will pass your concerns on to Mike

« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2006, 08:41:18 pm »
...Regarding The Gods I agree...

Ian,

Thanks for that :)

...Ive just had notification from another Forum that you will in future have to post a passport size photo...

People can post any photos.  How can you make sure that they post the real once?  What is the point?  My photo is on the front page of my web: www.cleaningforyou.co.uk.    But some people may not wish to show thier faces as they do not wish to be accosiated with the cleaning industry…

Just my opinion,

Kind regards,
Arthur

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2006, 12:19:24 am »
Art,

Im not saying its a good idea,

Just a bit supprised to read it this morning.

Funny there was a trend in this section to have a decent photo of poster but they all have disapeared/

Ian

Mike_Boxall

« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2006, 02:19:00 pm »
Hi

Having been away for a while I've only just been directed to this topic.

I've recently been sent 'a business start-up package' a member bought from another at the end of last year. The majority of the content has been taken from this forum including one post which was reproduced entirely word for word. It's not the first time this has happened and I'm sure it won't be the last.

It is a little annoying that the forum is provided free of charge and yet a growing number of members see it as an opportunity to profit from it's content.

Considerable changes are being planned for the site but the format will largely remain the same. It will be a free resource provided for those that want to make use of it.

I don't want to offend CMS and I wish him well with his charity fundraising, however, we will not support any third party who intends to charge for advice that is largely available free of charge here. If anyone wants to provide a formal 'guide' that is available to all our members then we may consider a direct donation to a charitable cause if it was deemed to be a genuine proposal. It would, however, need to be provided here, rather than on someone else's website.

Anyone that would like to forward such a proposal should contact me directly rather than post it as a separate topic on the forum.

Regards

Mike Boxall - Forum Administrator

CMS

« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2006, 02:49:33 pm »
Hi Mike

Thank you for your comments, and no, you haven't offended me.

If you read back through the posts on this topic you will find that on no less than three occasions I have withdrawn the offer to produce these 'factsheets' to raise money for our adopted charity.

This is due entirely to the controversy that this has caused.

I shall continue to offer what advice I can to all those 'newbies' and CMS Limited will continue to support our chosen charity.

Regards

Karl

CMS Limited

« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2006, 05:29:40 pm »
...Funny there was a trend in this section to have a decent photo of poster but they all have disapeared...

Ian, you sould have noticed that more and more members of this forum use their photos as avatar, so may after some time "we all be facing each other here"  ;D, which is nice  :)
Kind regards,
Arthur