Re: Would you pay for advice?
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2006, 01:06:08 pm »
... I am not going to bother...

Karl,

That is for you to decide, however, you could still be an active member of this forum and at the same time do anything you want to do.  My personal point of view is that there is a lack of “point2point stuff” for commercial sector.  I do not think my business will go into commercial sector in the near future, so please do not think that I am so desperate for that stuff, just wanted to give my opinion.

As far as mancharry’s service is concerned, since he compared himself to the GOD, I am not going to use his service.  I would also like to say that I personally do not like “cleanitup god” description which is currently used to indicate activity of the members of this forum.

Kind regards,
Arthur

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2006, 01:10:39 pm »

...I would also like to say that I personally do not like “cleanitup god” description which is currently used to indicate activity of the members of this forum.

I would prefer to be "Cleanitup Sir"  ;D  or "Cleanitup Lord"  ;D

CMS

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2006, 01:24:14 pm »
I'm not too keen on that either.

Prestige1

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2006, 02:06:05 pm »
Hi again
CMS I think to keep your fact sheet separate to this forum is a good Idea and you can point people to that. And would also suggest if you’re actually putting together information sheets then why not charge for your extra time but like I said keep it separate to this board,  and don’t denies us of your quick replies of information on this Forum.
 I do agree with you that some are a little bit shy in giving there own advice but will soak up every one else’s ideas, but your not one of them CMS, and everyone knows this. I for one have benefited from your suggestions and Ideas. I am sure reading the previous posts you have tremendous respect and have always given sound advice and long may it continue.
Kind regards Phil
Who Dares Wins

Paul Forster

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2006, 06:06:13 pm »
Some of the posts in this thread are pathetic. why cant people  understand that some people gain satisfaction by helping others and giving to a worthwhile charity.

Having read CMS's posts they are all usefull and from a very genuine and informed person The cynical atitude shown by some  is terible.

Good luck Karl

Prestige1

« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2006, 06:45:00 pm »
Paul do your harsh words refer to my posts?
Who Dares Wins

Paul Forster

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2006, 06:50:10 pm »
No not specificly, they refer only to the cynical undertones expressed.

Please do not take my comments personaly.

Paul

emerald

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2006, 06:51:24 pm »
Hi

Ive just registered tonight on here as a newbie, and im looking forward to reading all the threads, so as a newbie who is just starting out i would gladly pay a few pound a month for some information from an experienced person, also knowing it is going to charity is a really good idea.

CP CLEANING

i totally agree. I would sign up x

lynngc

« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2006, 07:11:00 pm »
karl,
start typing,
 i'll be your 1st guaranteed customer to purchase your valuable information,
 as as an animal lover, i WELCOME any amout you donate to these charitys.

lynn ;D
lynn @ gower cleaning services, swansea.

Prestige1

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2006, 07:52:16 pm »
Paul
I suggest you read my posts again, there was no attempt to be Cynical or pathetic, I passed my opinion, that’s what this board is all about, and you should pass your opinion without getting personal. If you expressed your thoughts on the discussion then you might even sway me to your view, for me this topic is nothing to do with CMS'S could intentions it’s the principle behind it. If you remember back, there where many posts by Martin he shared his wealth of information free of charge, he now charges £250 for the privilege and posts very little. This board is great for asking a question and getting an instant reply or advice. People make a good living out off selling information, take a look at EBAY, I would like to think of this forum as free from all that and would like to think we are building a community of friendship and advice with out personal attacks. If CMS has the time to prepare fact sheets etc and enjoys doing that for people then by all means do so, and if as result of using this service then let them make a donation to the charity of his choice, but to start putting price tags on info will be the demise of this site. Once again this is only my opinion and are happy to debate it (with out personal attacks on the content of the posts) kind regards Phil
Who Dares Wins

« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2006, 08:43:43 pm »
Phil has made a good point, I cannot disagree with it. 

The person, who he mentioned, stopped being an active member of this forum, trying to focus only on selling his knowledge here instead of sharing it. 

I do not see anything wrong with his intention to benefit from his knowledge, however I doubt that many (if any) members of this forum decided to buy his service at that high price, because if he does not give his advice here others will, no problem here.

What happened, in the end of the day:

The forum “has virtually lost” a member with a great experience and knowledge in the building clean industry

The member has not gained much from his silence

The new buildins still being cleaned. 

Who is the winner – nobody. 

As I said before:
Karl,
... could still be an active member of this forum and at the same time do anything you want to do.  My personal point of view is that there is a lack of “point2point stuff” for commercial sector...

Nothing personal,
Kind regards,
Arthur

Paul Forster

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2006, 08:51:40 pm »
Phil, my coment was not aimed specificly at you , however you seem to feel it is.

I mearly felt that a worthwhile and genuine idea to raise money for a worthwhile charity and at the same time help others was being unfairly criticised.

Yes CMS is running buisines however this does not mean all his actions have an ulterior personal profit raising motive. I have given advice to several businesses starting up localy in the same line of work. I gained no profit from this only the knowledge that they might avoid making some of the costly mistakes i  made when starting up.

If everyone's posts were disected for ulterior motive then very few would bother to post let alone reply.

Regards Paul

CMS

« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2006, 10:21:40 pm »
I suppose it's time for me to pass my comment.

I think both sides have a valid argument. On the one hand I do not want to detract from all that this forum is supposed to be. On the other I made a genuine offer to produce more than the normal bit of advice and make a bit (and I mean a bit) for our chosen charity.

However, this discussion has prompted me to think about going a lttle further than the fact sheets..................

I suppose if I'm going to get criticised for something I may as well make a bit myself.

One of the subjects that always comes up on here is "How do I cost Commercial Cleaning"?

I can keep on repeating the advice (and will continue to do so) but wouldn't it be much better to have a 'tool' of some sort that you could use.

With this in mind I have decided to produce the ultimate 'cost calculator' for commercial cleaning. It will be a multi-sheet Excel spreadsheet which can be used to calculate/check cleaning costs and can be used by a service provider or end user.

There is more about it on our website but I will add this................................

It is not meant to replace the advice I give on here. It is to enhance it.

Advice about costing is one thing. Having something to take away and use is quite another.

And who gave me the idea? You lot, of course...........................thank you  :D

www.cmscleaning.com/Cleansheet.htm

« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2006, 10:34:33 pm »
...And who gave me the idea? You lot, of course...........................thank you  :D...

This is the point which I missed in my previous post, this forum can help both sides, from one side it helps to understand which kind of info is on real demand from another this forum provide a real feed back, which help to update and/or adjust the info for the others…

I do not pretend to have a last word here,
Best wishes,
Arthur

garyj

« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2006, 12:07:52 am »
Garyj  -   I never said that it wasn't a good idea and I never said it was wrongly priced.  I just wanted to know what the motivation was and why he would spend time on that rather than growing the business!  It will afterall take a bit of time to put together.

So for you I suggest get off your high horse and stop brown nosing! And for the rest of you who think I am a nasty c*w with that statement then you would be right!!!

Fox

First of all thanks, thats the best thing you've posted for ages. Thats the old Fox we loved all those years ago.

Never been called a brown noser before either, think I've been called everything from a s*!^ stirring numpty to a complete useless tosser to a maverick, but never that one.
This forum is very good with excellent advice, but there are some gapeing holes in things like H&S, employment law, COSHH & pricing that most people on here know but are unwilling to share.

There are loads of people on here that are selling all the time, especially on the carpet cleaning section and to a degree on the window cleaning section  to, no doubt some have  profited immensely. One guy recently posted an advertisement on C/C section selling his own marketing CD he had created, everyone thought he was great for that, he's selling that for £25, one manufacturer I can think of has created a whole  new business on the back of these boards, he is LOVED for that. Someone comes on here and says he's going to make a few pound for a hedgehog hospital or whatever and gets slatted. Don't blame Karl for saying he's not bothering now, I'd have said the same, only wouldn't have put it so well.

I'd be interested to know what Karl thought of my post. I bet he wondered if I was taking the pee or not.

garyj

« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2006, 12:15:33 am »
BTW, Martin1984's charges are £600, not £250. Again a good price if you want to learn how to get into that lucrative business. Of course though since the post advertising this service went live  he doesn't seem  to be posting so much except to say how busy he is and how much money he is making, but thats marketing. No one said anything against him doing this!!!!

Boston Spa Cleaning Services

« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2006, 12:24:51 am »
its for charity why not give £2 per month anyway

garyj

« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2006, 12:32:33 am »
its for charity why not give £2 per month anyway

WOW, with advice like that after only 5 posts I don't know how I've managed without you. BRILLIANT.
Did it take you long to think of that or was it spur of the moment?

Boston Spa Cleaning Services

« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2006, 01:21:09 am »
garyj you better go back to the pub and have another drink you might come back and have something good to say about someone
CHEERS  ???

garyj

« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2006, 01:26:10 am »
Haven't been drinking, watched the ice skatting and the boxing. I COULD have spent the time advertising my business or creating some factsheets, but wasted it by watching TV.
Each  to there own I suppose.

Yesterday a brown noser, today a miserable git without a good word to say. Can't please everyone I suppose  :P