grahamed

Re: do my figures add up???????
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2005, 05:19:24 pm »
Hi! Dave,

looking forward to meeting you on Friday, but not received anything via the website yet. Please resend or call on freephone 0800 389 3675.

Thanks and regards,

Graham

« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2005, 11:02:05 pm »

all i can say is i have spoken to ian robertson from OVENMASTER in shropshire

I have never known anyone to do oven cleaning and have never had our oven cleaned by anyone else.

And I'm in Shropshire so.........who is this guy and where is he cleaning them?
http://www.thebusinessopportunity.co.uk
Arthur

Bizzie Lizzie

« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2005, 11:07:15 pm »
I would pay to have my oven cleaned! looking for someone to do it!
Bizzie Lizzie

clifford123

« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2005, 11:29:00 pm »
hi arthur..............meeting with ovenmaster sometime friday...will let u know how i get on....to bizzie lizzie when i get established i'll come down and clean your oven for free ;D ;D ;D :P

selectservices

« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2005, 12:32:53 am »
people people ,thers only one way to get reponce from leaflets and that is through the door on there own and keep doing it through the same door all the time u can do the same street for 3 weeks with little or no responce then on 4 week get 3 jobs its all about putting your message in peoples heads after a while they respond ,mrs jones picks up u leaflet for three weeks quick glance then in the bin 4 week little jonney walks over her carpet in his footie boots  and u hav given up with u leaflets after 3 weeks !!  now were was that leaflet  o well i get the yellow pages out !!!
in the cleaning game u can build up a very nice bizz domestic side  off  leaflets  but u can never stop doing leaflets  just plug away at them u get u rewards
gary

Gary,

Thanks for that advice, even I have just posted elsewhere about the response of leaflets this month, I am in general house cleaning and had been dropping leaflets in a very organised way street by street, and never going back ! As the months have gone I have got lower responses as I have a less targeted approach.

Following your post I will try going back to some of my better responding areas that I have done previously.

Thanks for the help Gary.

Regards

Cherie

Select Services - Domestic Cleaning

Kelvin

« Reply #45 on: December 27, 2005, 07:45:48 pm »
I own an Oven Cleaning franchise in Gloucestershire (note, Oven Cleaning, not OVENCLEAN!!!!!).  In response to the double subject of this thread, ie oven cleaning and leaflets/advertising, I can only go by my own experiences.  I bought a franchise because I wanted to work for myself but knew nothing about business as I was in the Royal Navy for 28 yrs.  As has been proved, oven cleaning is still a relatively untapped market, certainly in my area so the main thing is to get the name and service out to the public.  Leaflets and massive amounts of newspaper advertising incurring a lot of time and money at the beginning (July 04), now I do very little of either because 1. Leaflets are very time consuming and response/bookings not worth the effort.  2.  Newspaper ads expensive (although response rate better than leaflets) 3. Now I rely on referrals and repeat business that fills my diary every week (in fact worked 12 hrs per day every day in run up to Xmas, already booked first 2 weeks of Jan.  One of the best and cheapest forms of advertising for me are local trade mags and I am also a member of BNI.  If you dont know what that is, do a search as it has been done before.

Anyone considering Mr Muscle, DONT!!!! I have cleaned ovens that have white stains on them and glass doors that have been permanently marked because of it.  Remember, it is not a pleasant job, dirty and hard work, but I do get job satisfaction.  Wont be competing with Richard Branson in the income stakes, but it supplements my navy pension!

Kelvin

dish

« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2005, 11:01:28 pm »
When I started my window cleaning round I got all of my initial customers through targeted leaflet drops ( I picked the houses with windows I wanted to clean).  I literally put my leaflet through the door myself - you even get to meet some customers as they tackle you as you walk to the door.  The rest came from word of mouth.  I also placed flyers in local shop windows.  It is time consuming, but worked well.  If you are targeting domestic customers, it is worth a try.  Don't despair if you don't get an instant response.  Iwould imaging that people will hang on till they have a really grimy oven that they can't stand the idea of cleaning themselves.  Then they'll remember your leaflet.