adam bartlett

Multiple van tank filling arrangements??
« on: March 16, 2019, 11:56:41 pm »
How do the guys on here with multiple vans work filling up the vans? I'm thinking more along the lines of two vans where renting a unit isn't probably profitable enough at that stage..

Renting a unit?
Fill up both at your house?
Have the employee fill up one at his house?

John Mart

Re: Multiple van tank filling arrangements??
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2019, 06:31:20 am »
How do the guys on here with multiple vans work filling up the vans? I'm thinking more along the lines of two vans where renting a unit isn't probably profitable enough at that stage..

Renting a unit?
I used to have two IBCs in the garage at home so they’d fill up each afternoon after finishing. I reckon that’s doable up to 3/4 vans but it’s the work/home life separation that’s important so you may be willing to pay for a unit to get that.

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2019, 10:20:15 am »
I have 3 vans fill up at one spot and 3 at another.

Basically everyone has got a time slot to fill up at.

Most vans have got a 500L tank and at each house there is a 1500L tank.

As long as they don’t arrive with 30 mins of each other never had a problem, maninly becase can’t get the last 100-150L out of the tank it seems.

My next step is to add a booster pump to each set up as I already have the S3 spring controllers installed.

At my house if there’s an issue I just fill up in the morning.

I’m looking into an app related level indicator which is used for oil storage. The best bit is it has a leak or theft alert on it. So when someone fills up the system will think it’s leaking or oil is being stolen and alert me via the app.

johnwillan

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2019, 12:13:57 pm »

Renting a unit?

Hi Adam

Upgraded from 1k litres single 4040 (DIY) to 2k litres twin 4040 (Grippa System) around van 7, now running 10 from home, no set times, works fine, not sure I've ever seen the tank lower than half.

Another operates from his parents home using a PRF & IBC which also works fine.

I prefer the central unit as it enables "meet ups" etc, I plan to move to a small unit soon.

HTH

John

Splash & dash

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2019, 12:57:39 pm »
I have the filtration in my van and we fill the other two from that or I can fill an ibc  in the garage , production rate of pure is around 1000 ltr in 1:5-2 hours

Ooooooog

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2019, 01:17:17 pm »
Four Ibcs on a farm.  Fill the vans up with a Loncin light portable pump. 30,000 litres an hour!

Working away, we use hydrants and di resin.

John Mart

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2019, 06:46:30 pm »

Renting a unit?

Hi Adam

Upgraded from 1k litres single 4040 (DIY) to 2k litres twin 4040 (Grippa System) around van 7, now running 10 from home, no set times, works fine, not sure I've ever seen the tank lower than half.

I prefer the central unit as it enables "meet ups" etc, I plan to move to a small unit soon.

HTH

John
Are you fairly remote as I’d imagine you’d be causing a considerable nuisance otherwise. There must be tines when you’d have vans queuing to fill.

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2019, 07:26:34 pm »

As long as they don’t arrive with 30 mins of each other never had a problem, maninly becase can’t get the last 100-150L out of the tank it seems.

My next step is to add a booster pump to each set up as I already have the S3 spring controllers installed.

I’m looking into an app related level indicator which is used for oil storage. The best bit is it has a leak or theft alert on it. So when someone fills up the system will think it’s leaking or oil is being stolen and alert me via the app.

were you not a one man band a few years ago?and now you have 6 vans?hows that going damo?
price higher/work harder!

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2019, 08:50:01 pm »

were you not a one man band a few years ago?and now you have 6 vans?hows that going damo?

Kinda, it was me and my dad then we split apart as i wanted to expand. I franchised the business in 2016 and its just expanded from there :)

johnwillan

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2019, 10:05:35 pm »

Renting a unit?

Hi Adam

HTH

John
Are you fairly remote as I’d imagine you’d be causing a considerable nuisance otherwise. There must be tines when you’d have vans queuing to fill.

Sometimes have two or three having a chat but it doesn't cause an issue

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2019, 08:24:32 am »

Kinda, it was me and my dad then we split apart as i wanted to expand. I franchised the business in 2016 and its just expanded from there :)

well done damo.....are you still on the tools yourself?gotta keep active mate....... :)
price higher/work harder!

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2019, 06:01:56 pm »

well done damo.....are you still on the tools yourself?gotta keep active mate....... :)

Yeah i work 4 to 6 days a week but the day can be anything from 1 to 15 jobs a day. Some days are taking up with admin, maintenance etc etc

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2019, 06:07:17 pm »
We rent unit and have large storage capiscity with boosters R/O makes water good speed

Can cope 6-7 vans at a time but need 3 hours to priovide for another 1-2, but all tanks are  filled by end day not had need to increase storage but I guess that time may come

I don’t really want work from home

adam bartlett

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2019, 08:10:39 pm »
Thanks for the replies lads

Oliver James

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2019, 08:05:44 am »
Had a lot of hassle finding a unit about 18 months ago. Most of  the places we saw that had water were metered, and much larger (and more expensive) than what we neeeded. Give yourself plenty of time to find somewhere if you are going down that route.

There is a place in Bournville on Maryvale road (Pershore Road) that rents units, but out of town will be less expensive.

In Birmingham, you don't have to pay commercial rates on smaller units, and it you find somewhere that operates using a license fee (rather than a long term lease) then you'll have flexibility.

Read the small print as our landlord put it in deep in the contract that rents would increase by 10% every year....