Smurf

Re: Risk assessment /Method statement Docs
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2016, 12:24:55 pm »
43 downloads and counting... maybe a  thank you would not go amiss  ::)roll

I downloaded it so I could laugh at how terrible it was.

Disappointed.

Trust you to say that...You could have just opened it instead numpty  ;D ;D

Smurf

« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2016, 12:30:54 pm »
Ur to kind smurf........

Take the link down and put a new link up with £1 charge for downloading  ;D

Matt I could but maybe this would be a better idea if anyone would like to make a donation  ;)
https://www.parkinsons.org.uk/content/donate

PHILIP HARDY

« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2016, 07:31:05 am »
Thanks Smurf, big help. you little blue hatted marval ;D
The Stupid Neither Forgive Nor Forget
The Naive Forgive And Forget
The Wise Forgive But Don't Forget

dazmond

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2016, 08:38:25 am »
first off assessment is spelt wrong at the top of the page and second id drop the job if a domestic customer wanted a risk assessment form filling in. ::)roll
price higher/work harder!

Spruce

« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2016, 08:56:14 am »
first off assessment is spelt wrong at the top of the page and second id drop the job if a domestic customer wanted a risk assessment form filling in. ::)roll

Actually Daz, it is suggested that you do a written dated one for your own records to be kept on file in case there is ever an accident.

That RAMS will cover 99% of your work. You, as we do, make a mental risk assessment each time we go to a job. A job that is safe in dry weather with very minimal risks may have added risks when the weather is wet.
If our customer was having a children's party outside when we arrived, we wouldn't clean that house on that day as the risk doing it would be too high for us.

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Smurf

« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2016, 08:58:04 am »

try this one instead.

So if you employ or subby the work out would you still not do a RAMS then dazmond regadless if the customer wanted to see it or not?

« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2016, 09:17:16 am »
i dont no a single wc in my area that dose them even my other half has to do them bet there to bizzy working it seems only a small percentege of people on forums that do them ;D i may do a poll just to c  ::)roll ;D

I would seriously love to see the options you add:    :-\

Smurf

« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2016, 09:36:34 am »
Thanks Smurf, big help. you little blue hatted marval ;D

;D ;D

clarkson

« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2016, 09:50:23 am »
In the event of an incident brought to the attention of HSE be it residential or commercial the first thing they will ask for is the RAMS for that perticular job. The worst two answers you can give is I don't have one or what's that ::)roll

Hi smurf
I actually don't agree with that , the worst thing you could say is here's my RAMS  but I didn't practise any of the control measures that would have prevented the accident in the first place.

That's why I  don't think it's a good idea to share docs like this , the process of learning how to produce them puts the operator into a learning curve of how to operate safely.

To many will now print this and think that's health and safety covered. Putting them in a worse position than if they just played dumb .

John

Smurf

« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2016, 11:16:18 am »
Hi John, yes there is always that too.

Most will understand the concept and the implications of individuals, employees or sub- contractors not following the control measures put in place. However some may struggle to put it down on paper like I did. Hence why I posted this basic template so people get an idea how a RAMS doc could be laid out and then edited as they so wished. Obviously it goes with out saying a RAMS is also very specific to each and every individual job undertaken.

Tosh

« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2016, 05:45:56 pm »
The worse thing you can say is "What's it got to do with you smart-arse?" 
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2016, 05:52:08 pm »
The worse thing you can say is "What's it got to do with you smart-arse?"

;D

Sorry, Im finding it hilarious that people who put a bit of water on some glass equate themselves with Firemen, Crane drivers, pilots etc. RAMS ffs

;D ::)roll ::)roll

Fieldsy

« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2016, 12:42:18 pm »
Thanks Smurf,

Just downloaded this. Now we have a few contracts we have been asked for these, but never been able to produce them......because

A) Didn't bloody know what they were ?
B) Didn't have them !! ...lol

We have also been told that if there is only 1 or 2 people involved in the on site contract then we can use the site/contractors RAMS, so never had to show them?   How true this is, I don't know ?

but cheers anyway, very handy to have ;)
If Carlsberg made window cleaners....I'd be one of them....lol

Smurf

« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2016, 01:05:30 pm »
I don't do any sub-contract work so can't answer that question but still the main contractor has to complete a RAMS regardless for each specific job.  All direct and indirect labour (sub-contractors) would need to work within their RAMS anyway.

Fieldsy

« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2016, 01:12:59 pm »
I don't do any sub-contract work so can't answer that question but still the main contractor has to complete a RAMS regardless for each specific job.  All direct and indirect labour (sub-contractors) would need to work within their RAMS anyway.

Yep, I pretty much think this is what they meant, we can work within their RAMS.
How building 200-300 houses incorporates pure water window cleaning in their RAMS I'll never know, but I assume all major building contractors must have it, cos someone has gotta clean their new builds for their new potential home owners ;)

Smurf

« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2016, 01:19:34 pm »
After saying that every individual is responsible for their own safety and other too so you are within your right to say "jog on I'm not doing that". e.g. expected to wfp pole say having to stand in a busy road or climb onto/walk over a dodgy looking roof etc to reach hard to get windows etc etc.

Most nationals want the job done as cheap as possible so expect their sub-contractors to work there socks off and inevitably some end up taking unnecessary risks.  Regards to damage of the property being worked on such as buillders cleans scratched glass etc then they will be very quick at pointing the finger at you too... Good luck   ;D

Fieldsy

« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2016, 02:01:36 pm »
Been on site over 3 years with them now. Never had any issues. Never had any scratched glass. No complaints. Pay by BACS (taxed at source, as we are on CIS scheme)  within two weeks..............and they certainly don't get it done for next to nothing ;)

We must be lucky  ;D

Smurf

« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2016, 02:08:26 pm »
Indeed  ;)

the king

« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2016, 09:41:45 pm »
alan do u still were a hard hat for cleaning windows  ;D

Smurf

« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2016, 10:01:29 pm »
Yep also full face visor, ear defenders, chemical resistant respirator, chemical resistant gloves, chemical resistant suit and chemical resistant boots as Parts Per Trillion pure water is nasty stuff to splash about. lol
Oh and I forgot a fall arrest system when needed too   :P