Dave hook

window washers or any1 with employers liability
« on: November 11, 2007, 10:06:14 am »
window washers i read a post abit back sayin you had both pl and employers. How much u paying and who with?
 I had a quote from a few companys some i spoke to didnt insure window cleaners with employees and the cheapest pl quote i go was £121.70.
 With employers liability for myself and 2 workers i got quoted £2,500.00. Does that sound about right? Seems a big jump in price.
       Cheers dave.
Money makes my world go round!

Re: window washers or any1 with employers liability
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2007, 10:14:45 am »
window washers i read a post abit back sayin you had both pl and employers. How much u paying and who with?
 I had a quote from a few companys some i spoke to didnt insure window cleaners with employees and the cheapest pl quote i go was £121.70.
 With employers liability for myself and 2 workers i got quoted £2,500.00. Does that sound about right? Seems a big jump in price.
       Cheers dave.
for you and 2 guys its about £600 ish thats 5 mil public and 10mil employers, put in your details or their site and they normally call you, I got all my gear in van etc covered in this price, I have wfp sys so I wanted that covered, also guttering and installation is also on there.
http://www.simplybusiness.co.uk/

Hope this helps.

Ian

cvdewsbury

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2007, 10:48:16 am »
aup hooky.....just had a quote from allied insurance price was 625 for 2 million p.l
and 1o million e.l     tel 01942 234033........like you say its easy getting p.l but when it comes to e.l no one wants to touch us

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2007, 10:52:33 am »
aup hooky.....just had a quote from allied insurance price was 625 for 2 million p.l
and 1o million e.l     tel 01942 234033........like you say its easy getting p.l but when it comes to e.l no one wants to touch us
Or your looking in the wrong places  :P

need a cleaner

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2007, 12:53:49 pm »
we have PL 5 mill and EL 10 mill plus key holders and professional liability for WC and Contract cleaning for £1200

trevor perry

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2007, 03:30:51 pm »
it can vary a lot in price as they take ito cosideration how many employees you have and in our last review even wanted to know our methods of work ie the percentage of ladder use and percentage of wfp use , they also needed to know the height worked at and again the percentage at certain heights then to top it all when we mentioned pressure washing work we do they said this was classed as high risk, this is the info they want before i part with my money i hate to think what they will want if i ever make a claim ???
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

Dave hook

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2007, 03:34:38 pm »
£1200 thats half what they quoted me! whos that policy with?
Money makes my world go round!

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2007, 03:45:03 pm »
£1200 thats half what they quoted me! whos that policy with?
what do you need your insurance to cover?? we have 5mil public and 10 employers

need a cleaner

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2007, 10:54:00 pm »
Its with Darwin

Central Window Cleaners

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2007, 01:57:13 pm »
I used FWC for 10m EL & 2m PL for upto 5 employees and that cost me £750 and they cover you for the glass you are working on. 

www.fwc-insurance.co.uk

cover provided which include:

Damage to the glass being cleaned – a general exclusion under most window
.cleaning policies
.Treatment Risks – damage to carpets/upholstery etc
.Loss of keys or consequential losses there from

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2007, 10:20:29 pm »
Here you go, i paid about £400 for three employees with these

http://www.groupama.co.uk/products/sme/otp/default.asp

Dave

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2007, 10:33:15 pm »
Here you go, i paid about £400 for three employees with these

http://www.groupama.co.uk/products/sme/otp/default.asp

Dave
what cover is that Dave ? 2 or 5 public, and what do you get with it?

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2007, 10:40:16 pm »
i think it is 2 million , basic policy with no frills, in fact it was £387.

Covers working from the ground only with wfp with no height restrictions for 3 employees.

If you want windows worked on included, Alexander Swan was the best, about £500 if i remember correctly.

Dave

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2007, 10:52:49 pm »
i think it is 2 million , basic policy with no frills, in fact it was £387.

Covers working from the ground only with wfp with no height restrictions for 3 employees.

If you want windows worked on included, Alexander Swan was the best, about £500 if i remember correctly.

Dave
I had to get min of 5 mill, as that is what is asked for buy some of my clients  :-X, then again have to say some of the properties are quite large that should cover the rebuild cost sholud I knock it down with my pole ::)

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2007, 10:55:20 pm »
Ian

Believe it or not, i have only ever once been asked for my insurance and that was at quote stage and never got the job anyway.

Even at M@S they have never asked to see it.

I clean Schools , doctors , hospitals, luxury apartments , nurserys , nursing homes, and still no-one has ever asked.  :o

Dave

« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2007, 10:56:17 pm »
Ian

Believe it or not, i have only ever once been asked for my insurance and that was at quote stage and never got the job anyway.

Even at M@S they have never asked to see it.

Dave
I got a new commerical job today for having this cover so it has just paid for itself again for next year  ;D