Customers4u

Doorknockers canvassing website
« on: August 11, 2005, 01:06:04 pm »
Hi all, have developed a website giving details of my business 'doorknockers' we canvass purely for window cleaners both business and domestic, have previously had a presence on cleanitup under the heading 'window rounds on a plate'

Hopefully my site will give you a clearer indication of what we are about.

Accessible at this link http://www.doorknockers.4t.com

Paul   :) :)
Window cleaning rounds built to your exact requirements

Philip Hanson

Re: Doorknockers canvassing website
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2005, 01:10:50 pm »
Can you email me the link:  life_is_very_silly@yahoo.co.uk

-Philip
Editor, Professional Window Cleaner Magazine

"The irony of the information age is that it has given new respectability to uninformed opinion"
John Lawton

petski2

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2005, 01:59:36 pm »

Ray Pickering

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2005, 03:40:09 pm »
Hello Paul.
Over the last few months i've followed your post's with interest.

If i had all the work i needed i would'nt be sitting here writing this!

The main thing that bothers me is Canvassing on somebody else's round which is inevitable because of the large ammount of door knocking you have to do.

It could quite possibly start a war with all the other cleaners in my area which i don't really want.

It's not a case of upsetting 1 person but could involve half a dozen.

You might think i'm a bit of a wimp but i've had enough trouble over the years & want to just have a quiet life into my retirement.

How do you actually canvass---is it hard selling (foot in the door)
or what.
Theres some very nasty people around here (even worse than me) & they are a lot younger.

Having said all that-- how long would it take you to build a round of apprx; £1.000
I'm thinking of the cost for your B&B & other charges for a total.

I live in the Nottingham area.

Kind Regards Ray.

Customers4u

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2005, 12:07:00 am »
Hiya ray,

Thanx for your response, if u would rather go the ethical route why not ask the other window cleaners if they would like more work, the ones that say no, will obviously be ok with you, and the ones that say yes, tell them what you propose and see if they would go the same way as you to get additional customers.
100 extra customers would cost approx £2,000 each.

However in the real world this would be very hard to get them all to agree.

I never deliberately try to pinch other peoples customers, the customers we sign up have generally not got a window cleaner, and are very happy to see us in a lot of cases as many say 'we can never find one!!'

Basically you are running a business, how many new hairdressers do you see arguing with other older hairdressers for example because some of the older hairdressers customers are going to the 'new' shop, it just does,nt happen does it, its all down to customer choice, you might be a much better window cleaner than the others in your area, and i,m sure you feel that you are, otherwise you would,nt do the job!

If you chose to get an additional 100 customers, it would,nt make much of an impact in a city of 100,000 houses either (Nottingham)

You can justify what you do so long as you are not directly pinching the other window cleaners customers.

100 extra customers, approx £1,000 per month, would take 2 canvassers 1-2 weeks to put together

All the best,

Paul  :)

patwoods

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2005, 12:11:03 pm »
Hi Paul,
can you email more details ie if your staying over in manchester,how long does it take you to build up a £2k round from nothing?what if you do a good service and after 3 months it all slowly falls apart as it was naff jobs cause no other window cleaners wanted them but your paid and far away?Does it take longer for commercial work?is it your buisiness cards you hand out or mine?
you can understand if we're a bit suspious after all in all business if it sounds good(what you promise)there is usally something up the sleeve,what's you guarntee to settle these fears?
ta woodsy. windowcleaningservices.ie

Customers4u

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2005, 03:16:59 pm »
I can put you in touch with others that have used us, also i have had the 'window rounds on a plate' which is close to this one on cleanitup for nearly a year, so if i was doing anything untoward it would have arisen far before now!

All the customers we sign up are people who have recently moved, people who have never been able to find a window cleaner, or people who are unhappy in some way with their present one!

We never try to steal other window cleaners customers when we ask people if they already have a window cleaner and they say yes, we say thanks very much for coming to the door and move on.

90% of Customers we signed up a year ago are still customers and the 10% dropout is usually attributed to people moving, or the window cleaner concerned not doing a good job etc, but as you are aware yourself, if you are working the round, others see you, the 10% dropout is replaced naturally by people that had,nt been aware of you before saying, will you clean my windows!

Paul

Trevor Knight

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2005, 03:29:44 pm »
Hi Paul,

sent you email, trust you got it ok??

regards,

Trevor
www.firstcleanservices.co.uk
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

Customers4u

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2005, 04:04:34 pm »
Hiya Trevor, yes got it, will have more time over the weekend to respond, have been flat out!

All the best,

Paul :)

gaza

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2005, 12:08:11 am »
YOU WOULD NEVER GET THOSE PRICES IN NOTTM THAT YOU HAVE DIPLAYED ON YOUR WEBSITE.MAYBE IN YOUR AREA BUT NOT UP HERE. YOU MAY GET 2/3RDS THAT PRICE TAKE FOR INSTANCE TERRACE HOUSES ARE 4 SQUID HERE[1 UP 1 DOWN]
RAY ASKED 11  HOUSES IN L/EATON GOT10 NEW CUSTOMERS.
ALL WITHOUT WINDOW CLEANERS[the place is a gold mine]

gaza
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

Ray Pickering

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2005, 12:28:47 am »
Gaza!!

Keep out of Long Eaton stick to Beeston where you know!! ;) ;) ;)  >:(

If youre thinking of cleaning on my patch!!!-----The missus told me to tell you NO MORE TEA FOR GAZA!! so you've been warned!!

She's not a wimp like wot i am.

See you in a couple of weeks.

Regards Ray.

Customers4u

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2005, 09:01:28 am »
Hi Gaza!

The price is always determined by the window cleaner concerned, however i have done a bit of work in Nottingham and was charging the same amount as the web site, in Arnold North Nottingham.

And am fully confident i would be able to do it again, if you require us to work for you in the Nottingham area.

;) :)

steve_w

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2005, 09:58:29 am »
Hi all,
          Paul has done Door Knocking for me in the Cambridge area. And I am very pleased with the results he got.

Paul does not under price the work he gets for the Window Cleaner,  in order to get the Job..  Which I thought was important point...

He seems an Honest and ethical Guy. I have no problems recommending him to any one in this forum.

Steve.  PS.   I am not on the GCS Payroll   :)

Ray Pickering

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2005, 10:40:06 am »
Paul.
The work i'm after is'nt exactly in Nottingham itself but on the outskirts.

It would mean canvassing quite a few different areas of my locality which are all resonably close.

Would this be a problem?

The going rate around here (well what i charge) is around £6 for a semi & £8 for detatched so obviously i would need to get more than 100 houses for my target of £1000

You say --to get 100 houses would take a week or 2--do you need B&B for say 14days or do you go home for the weekend then start again Monday.

When do you canvass? most people are working during the day.
Anyway Paul, if i do decided to go ahead when would you be available to start.

Regards Ray.

Customers4u

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2005, 10:54:29 am »
Hi again Ray,

i know the Long Eaton area very well, lived in Nottingham for 3 and a half years quite recently, till i broke up with my girlfriend!!  (well out of that one!)  ;)

If you send me the postcode of the area you would like doing, that would be good.

We work between the hours of 4pm-8pm, the B&B situation for 2 weeks would be for 8 nights, mon to thurs as we would get back for the weekend.

As Steve said in the previous post (cheques in the post steve  ;))  We dont underprice our work, Window cleaners do a dangerous job, more dangerous than the S.A.S. according to a report i once saw on teletext! so if you want me to charge more than the prices you have mentioned, i will, it really wouldnt be a problem, however if the price you have put is all you want, we will work to that of course.

Used to live in queens road, Beeston gaza! by the way

:)

Paul

Ray Pickering

« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2005, 11:27:45 am »
Paul.
Many thanks for your reply.

I am seriously considering taking you up on you offer!!

This will probably happen in about 8weeks or so.(finances)

As you say if you can achieve a better price than mine i'm happy with that.

My postcode is NG10.

Regards Ray.

Customers4u

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2005, 12:08:45 pm »
Whenever you are ready Ray,

8 weeks time would be perfect as have work, in chigwell and southampton area till then anyway,

Give us a call closer to the time to confirm, you would still like to go ahead,

Paul

daniel b

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2005, 09:36:03 pm »
Hi Paul
Would you travel  to Wrexham im interested in your service,b&b would not be a problem at all.

Thanks
Daniel
DSB Cleaning Services,Wrexham,N.Wales.
NFMWGC NO.9442,
Safe contractor approved.
www.dsbcleaningservices.co.uk

gaza

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2005, 10:47:40 am »
PAUL:wHAT STRANGE PHOTOS of meet your window cleaner on your website?Dont know if youve checked it  out yet ,but were is the local w/c pictures ,I see the second one  is using w/f/p but the others ?

gaza
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

Customers4u

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2005, 12:18:16 pm »
The web site has only been up for 2 days, i am awaiting
 e-mails with their photos from the window cleaners concerned, there will also be a description of how long they have been window cleaning, equipment used etc,

Think its a good idea for customers to see their respective window cleaner as their only contact initially is with one of our sales staff.

Paul