lhayes

marketing a window cleaning business
« on: July 18, 2009, 11:55:00 pm »
I am considering doing a marketing course in window cleaning. Has anybody any experience on these courses. Any good ones out there.

niceandclean

Re: marketing a window cleaning business
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2009, 01:50:49 am »
Didn't know there was any?

GWCS

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2009, 09:52:15 am »
you mean the one at Ionics?

Dont bother. Read and ask questions at the forum instead.

Just learn normal marketing methods and adapt them for your business.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2009, 06:50:52 pm »
GWCS

Why not bother ?

Do you listen to a guy who had a massive window cleaning business, then moved on to own the best wfp sales business with fantastic marketing, or do you listen to a guy off the forum.

To me its a no brainer

GWCS

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2009, 07:17:26 pm »
GWCS

Why not bother ?

Do you listen to a guy who had a massive window cleaning business, then moved on to own the best wfp sales business with fantastic marketing, or do you listen to a guy off the forum.

To me its a no brainer

Craig knows his stuff, but there are a lot of people on these courses, all looking at different things for their business

Mainly residential, mainly commercial, only commercial blue chip companies.

The people that happened to be on the course with were not that impressed with the overall content, because he had to cover such a wide range. A lot of people also wanted to know how to "price" this was not given. Pricing up is a large factor in marketing.

I personally dont think it was a complete waste of time, but i dont think i received value for money either, taking into account travelling costs as well as the course costs etc.

I would also say that for the WFP course, but i suppose i can prove ive had training - so in effect just paying for a certificate of training.

I would see how you want to develop and take your business, and then find out how to specifically market that plan you want to follow.

So theres my experience of the course, which was initially asked for. Others may have a completely different one?

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2009, 01:48:26 pm »
I need another kick start on marketing, so might book myself on the course.

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2009, 05:48:34 pm »
I found the BWCA course OK.
It gave me a few new angles to explore when I'm ready and if I choose to.  Some of it I wouldn't do the way that was stated.
I suppose that's fine though.  Take on board stuff you may have a use for someday and leave the rest behind.  In fact, don't totally dismiss anything I suppose without trying it (or a version of it) first.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2009, 11:45:32 am »
I have booked myself on the marketing course on the 30th July at Swindon

lhayes

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2009, 10:17:15 pm »
thanks for the feedback guys, yes its the Ionics/BWCA course in Swindon. Since I would be coming from Ireland and have all the associated costs and time away from work etc, I'll give it a miss this time and think about it for next time.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2009, 07:47:41 pm »
2 days to go

woo woo

lhayes

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2009, 10:42:54 pm »
Dave, let me know how it goes if you dont mind, Thanks.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2009, 09:11:15 am »
I sure will

1 day to go yee ha

Steve_c

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2009, 06:30:07 pm »
Hi Dave I'm on the same course later in the year please let us know how you get on.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2009, 08:08:34 pm »
Will do

got to get up at 5.30, but I am taking a very very fast car, so I will munch up them miles

Mr Formby

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2009, 10:56:32 pm »
I went on it and to be honest if you have been window cleaning for any legnth of time most of the things he tells you you already know.
Having listened to Craig at seminars in the past I was hoping to get more from it .

Trevor Knight

« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2009, 04:00:03 pm »
I thought Craig was no longer involved with Ionics and more of a back seat advisor?
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

Mr Formby

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2009, 05:41:12 pm »
Craig did the one that I went on, that was only a few months ago

Platinum NW

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2009, 11:38:53 pm »
its your choice but i think its a waste of time and money. Them guys are there to take your money and my only give you more questions you want answering when there finished. I think just asking guys in the forum and using common sense youll get a long way for no cost at all. Think about all business services before you bother with them because their business is to convince you you need them when in reality youll be suprised at what you really know and can do you just havent realised it yourself

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2009, 05:44:12 pm »
Platinum

You really havent got a clue have you ?

Dave

GWCS

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2009, 09:27:13 pm »
Platinum

You really havent got a clue have you ?

Dave

Sorry Dave, I agree somewhat with platinum and I have first hand knowledge of the courses.

I remember being led around the workshop showing the wfp manufacture etc on one of the courses, it had nothing to do with the course, it was just a sales ploy!

Craig is a business man, he knows how to take money from you. He can give some good advice but after all your paying for it, whereas you can get the same advise by asking specific questions to a selected few on CIU or other forums.. The courses are fairly expensive also taking into account your travelling arrangements, missing a days work etc, could well be not worth going on.

So Dave what did you learn on the course, anything you didn't already know? Did you actually find it worth while in time away from business and the expenditure associated in the course and travelling?

Was there nothing presented you could have asked some experienced people already in the business for free by way of a chat?