Neil271052

Re: NEW LAW ON USING LADDERS
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2008, 11:08:16 am »
I am sure you can read post on here, but your window cleaner has invested in the future of window cleaning, twice as fast, 100% safer than ladders, cheaper on insurnce, gives more pride in the job.....

..............and leaves dirty runs down the front of the customers house.  :(

WFP is not the future of window cleaning, just a different method.
Cheers,
Neil

pot

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2008, 11:18:43 am »
Come on, I use a ladder at the moment to access my windows (where safe) and I am fully aware of the WAHR

but I am clever enough to know, that WFP is going to be a good investment for my business, and be able to give my family a better living, than I can give them now

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2008, 01:36:36 pm »
Wish my window cleaner would bring his ladder & bucket back. He's gone posh with a flash van and WFP.

Trouble is, we live on a main A-road so the windows get really grubby, in a white-washed house...the front of which is now streaky and grey thanks to the water running down the walls.

I guess this is 'the norm' but I'm going to have to 'let him go' and get up my own ladder.

OR, paint your house grey so that it blends in with the streaky water marks ;D

Collybolly

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2008, 05:06:27 pm »
Tried that once, looked naff. Plus a couple of the windows have started leaking in when he gets his pole out  :o   Not impressed.

poleman

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2008, 10:42:21 pm »
Very simple really

Employ a window cleaner that does it trad, its not illegal to, just make sure he works in a safe manner or ask the chap to rinse the wall! I have and I am sure he will be reasonable about it

Andy

bonzo boy

« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2008, 07:28:29 pm »
in my honest opinion wfp is a con, no way does it clean glass in a satisfactory way. only people that say it does are the ones who laid out their greens to purchase the things. end of.

poleman

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2008, 08:57:12 pm »
in my honest opinion wfp is a con, no way does it clean glass in a satisfactory way. only people that say it does are the ones who laid out their greens to purchase the things. end of.

So you wont be keeping a open mind then ::) ::) ::) no wonder there is a Ladder V WFP with a view like that  :(

Andy 

see clear lee

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2008, 12:43:00 am »

or i guess you could say the only people who dont like it are the ones that havnt goit it  :P :P  ;D ;D

pjulk

« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2008, 01:17:13 am »
in my honest opinion wfp is a con, no way does it clean glass in a satisfactory way. only people that say it does are the ones who laid out their greens to purchase the things. end o

Rubbish

If that was the case there would be hundreds of systems on ebay every week.

Have you every used a WFP

johnny_h

« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2008, 07:31:35 pm »
ive heard it all now !!!!
AUDI VIDE TACE

Grafters Cleaning Services

« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2008, 08:18:06 am »
yet another trad boy that slags off wfp because he cannot afford one, or don't earn enough to justify buying one ;)
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2008, 10:27:22 am »
He'll switch, don't worry.  ;D

If Squeeky can do it, everyone can.

Adam Boss

« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2008, 07:08:00 pm »
Grafters,
 I am a Trad boy as you put it but I also have wfp, I can see wfp has problems as you can otherwise this forum would have nothing to talk about.
It does an reasonable job shats why I use it on awkward and high jobs.

yet another trad boy that slags off wfp because he cannot afford one, or don't earn enough to justify buying one ;)
Lets keep it real and not make silly comments like yours.
Regards

Adam
EST: 1988

Grafters Cleaning Services

« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2008, 10:35:41 pm »
Grafters,
 I am a Trad boy as you put it but I also have wfp, I can see wfp has problems as you can otherwise this forum would have nothing to talk about.
It does an reasonable job shats why I use it on awkward and high jobs.

Lets keep it real and not make silly comments like yours.
Regards

Adam
adam,
As you are a relatively newbe yourself you will not of seen that over the years the amount of trad boys (as i call them) slating wfp without seeing how it works or the results it can achieve,

For example, how can you say that you don’t like Chinese food until you’ve tried it,

People with no concept of the product should not (in my opinion) slate something they know nothing about, so therefore my comment ... your quote... is not so silly after all

When i first joined this forum i too was trad but i was also very eager to find out more about wfp,
Rather than slate it i researched it and by using this forum decided this was the way forward

Ps what does shats mean?
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

Adam Boss

« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2008, 06:36:13 am »
Newbie ?,

I have been here since 2004 as have you, yes I have read all the post regarding WFP over the years.
With your sweeping comment you generalised and that was the wrong thing to do, and you have to cherry pick your work to get a reasonable finish with WFP as has been stated on here many hundreds of times.
SHATS was a typing error and should have been, thats, as you should have picked up by reading my post. Also a quick look at my profile would have showed you we both registered in october 2004.

So from one newbie to another newbie

Regards

Adam  ;)
EST: 1988

David Slater

« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2008, 12:26:33 am »
Didnt see the news myself so all second hand information from people who think they know best, that by june 2008 I wont be able to use a ladder as well as no water is this right ? Any comments on this would be great thanks

Its absolute rubbish!

Corky, this country has adopted a very peculiar stance on H&S legislation.

It will not come out and categorically 'ban' ladders, nor will it endorse their use.

The actual laws concerning the use of ladders is left very much down to the 'user'...but should you fall off them (or if a member of your staff falls) then the H&S Executive can (and will) throw the full weight of the law behind a prosecution....of YOU!

Let me try and explain -

You go to a job and use a set of ladders to access the windows - Is this illegal? NO

You go to a job and use  a set of ladders and your staff member falls - will you be taken to court? YES

Why? - because you didnt 'Assess the Risk' or 'Consider Alternative Methods' before their use.

You could use a bread knife to change a fuse if you wanted...theres nothing 'illegal' about it....the only time it becomes 'illegal' is if an accident results from your working practices.

You and me (and all of us!) are on some very sticky ground right now. The government will not come out and say ladders are illegal...but WILL prosecute us if we use them and an accident results from their use.

You really are in a 'no win' situation.

Use them and everything is fine...no problem.

Use them and something happens...you will be prosecuted!

Neil271052

« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2008, 08:17:20 am »
Are you sure this is correct?

How can you be prosecuted in the courts for something that is not illegal?

What if injury is caused by WFP?

Is that OK then?

Accidents happen.

If you are legally using tools in a correct manner how can you be prosecuted?

From the H&S courses I have attended we were informed that the stuff they come up with are "guidelines" not legalities.
Cheers,
Neil

poleman

« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2008, 04:29:40 pm »
YES he is right to a point, however you can be in the brown stuff even if you don’t fall! If you’re working in an unsafe manner, with no safe systems of work in place and you get court, then what will happen your get enforcement notice and if you don’t comply, then yes they can take you to court, and they often do!

www.hse.gov.uk/enforce/index.htm

poleman

« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2008, 04:38:41 pm »
Like this two window cleaners, didn’t fall but very unsafe working practise 

« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2008, 05:56:53 pm »
Didnt see the news myself so all second hand information from people who think they know best, that by june 2008 I wont be able to use a ladder as well as no water is this right ? Any comments on this would be great thanks

Its absolute rubbish!

Corky, this country has adopted a very peculiar stance on H&S legislation.

It will not come out and categorically 'ban' ladders, nor will it endorse their use.

The actual laws concerning the use of ladders is left very much down to the 'user'...but should you fall off them (or if a member of your staff falls) then the H&S Executive can (and will) throw the full weight of the law behind a prosecution....of YOU!

Let me try and explain -

You go to a job and use a set of ladders to access the windows - Is this illegal? NO

You go to a job and use  a set of ladders and your staff member falls - will you be taken to court? YES

Why? - because you didnt 'Assess the Risk' or 'Consider Alternative Methods' before their use.

You could use a bread knife to change a fuse if you wanted...theres nothing 'illegal' about it....the only time it becomes 'illegal' is if an accident results from your working practices.

You and me (and all of us!) are on some very sticky ground right now. The government will not come out and say ladders are illegal...but WILL prosecute us if we use them and an accident results from their use.

You really are in a 'no win' situation.

Use them and everything is fine...no problem.

Use them and something happens...you will be prosecuted!

You also forget the customer/client that contracts you is also prosecuted.