stuartb

Website. Worth having?
« on: January 19, 2021, 01:16:33 pm »
Thinking of investing in a website for my business. Wondered how much work people have gathered from there websites and if it’s considered worth having. Most of my work is domestic at the moment.
Thanks in advance,
Stu

Ched

Re: Website. Worth having?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2021, 02:26:15 pm »
Unless you are good at SEO or are willing to pay someone quite a bit on an on going basis then a website is more of an extended advert and contact form. i.e. having the domain name on the side of your van might attract people to look at your site and ask you to quote. You can also add it to leaflets to provide more info or sell addons.
First thing to do is google 'window cleaners near me' the ones that come up (not ads or in google local) are your competition. If there are lots then it might be tricky to beat them but you can get a free Google My Business listing if you make your address public.

Rayleigh Window Cleaning Services

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2021, 02:43:59 pm »
For me 100% worth having.

Thing is with a website, people can have a look at what you do, all the other services you may provide and where you operate if you are insured etc before they even speak to you.

By the time they have sent a message to you, there's a good chance they will become a good future customer.

They can then ring or as I find the majority leave a message asking for a window clean, gutters what ever it may be to quote.

Your part is returning that call and making arrangements to attend on time.

Steve

robbo333

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2021, 05:33:23 pm »
I think in this day and age it's definitely worth having. You may not get loads of work from it, but you may lose work if you don't.
I have customers who have called me and said they contacted me because they liked my website.
It doesn't have to be complicated, mine is just one page, simple, short but well written, with good, relevant images.
The trick is not just the site but the SEO that goes with it (how well, or not, Google can find you).
A mate of mine had a site done and the SEO is excellent, his ranking is well up on Google.
Try and find a recommendation from someone who is happy with their site.

"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2021, 06:14:36 pm »
Yes
If you plan to stay domestic only - then get a nice simple no frills site just so you have a presence on the net - and then work on Facebook and getting a line in other sites

Going big/commercial then it's well worth investing - more than happy to give you a link to the guy who does mine - not cheap but he does various seo and updates all year long - I get enquiries right across the Anglian region for the bigger work we do

Whatever you do keep it current with news and a blog

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Phil J

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2021, 08:12:57 pm »
Hey Darran,
I'd be interested in the website guy's contact details. I have a site, but I haven't updated it or done any SEO for ages.
Thanks in advance, Phil.

Smudger

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2021, 08:24:37 pm »
Speak to Neil Burr
https://www.designtec.co.uk/

Mention me you might get a discount or is it a surcharge 😳 can't remember which - but he's a great guy

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Phil J

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2021, 08:59:09 pm »
Thanks Darran,
I'll get in touch.

james peters

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2021, 09:34:54 am »
A website is something that works hand in hand with leaflets, and the van sign.
when they get the leaflet they normally have a nose at your website  before they contact you.
I have had people take a pic of my details from my van also, and then contact me at a later date.

Stoots

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2021, 02:54:37 pm »
Websites can be worth having, depends on your situation and what you are wanting it to do.

Also how much you spend or invest in one again depends on what you are trying to achieve with it.

So yeh depends  ;D

mac74

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2021, 09:52:02 pm »
Depends where you are right now in your business. If you are still looking for extra work plus add ons, then go for it as it can only help. But if your already at capacity, and you don't really need anymore extra work then i wouldn't  bother.  Also as we deal with so many members of the public, its worth considering that you will always get the odd crack pots that will leave unjustified bad reviews for you. Van sign writing is good enough 4 me, never needed a website. Good luck

Ian101

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2021, 12:30:27 am »
Www.ws4wc.co.uk

Seo case study for a window cleaner is on the site  above

Heres 1 i built ealier www.windowcleanersinchester.co.uk

Give a shout if i can help

lal

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2021, 10:09:52 am »

Nice impressive Website Ian.  :)

Stoots

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2021, 11:35:55 am »
Ive just forked out a grand for someone to build me a new site. Theres no need to spend that much, ive built a few sites myself and got them ranking high with seo but im no designer so wanted a slick site for future business plans.

Ian101

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2021, 12:40:56 pm »

Nice impressive Website Ian.  :)

Thanks