Silverline sump pump
« on: February 17, 2009, 08:58:48 pm »
My blue 400W Silverline sump pump keeps jamming when I need to start pumping, doesnt even start, you can hear the motor humming, but thats all.

Any ideas about this?

Has anyone else had this problem?

Matt

tonylee

Re: Silverline sump pump
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 09:12:44 pm »
Hi Matt,
I had this problem last year. Just take off the black casing held on with 3 screw give the fan bit a twist and re-assemble. I got so hacked with doing this I gave it a good squirt of wd40 and its been fine ever since.
Tony

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 09:22:55 pm »
Ive just taken the bottom casing off Tony and once I gave the rotor a twist it fired up, it does look like its a case of WD40, its all a bit manky in there, surprised, thanks for that.

Matt

alanwilson

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 09:40:38 pm »
mmmm

I've got a pump in each IBC - both 240lpm einhell sub pumps (think they were about £40 each), never once had a problem with them and they are 3 years old or more.
I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!

jeff1

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 10:20:01 pm »
My blue 400W Silverline sump pump keeps jamming when I need to start pumping, doesnt even start, you can hear the motor humming, but thats all.

Any ideas about this?

Has anyone else had this problem?

Matt
I had the same problem but if you still have your receipt they will exchange it with no problems.

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 10:57:22 pm »
Thanks Jeff, I should have the reciept for my tax, its only been in the tank out the back for 3 weeks  >:(

Anyway, Im leaving it running all night in the tank to hopefully loosen off any gremlins then Ill get the WD40 out, see how it progresses.

Thanks guys.

Matt

jeff1

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 12:59:19 am »
Thanks Jeff, I should have the reciept for my tax, its only been in the tank out the back for 3 weeks  >:(

Anyway, Im leaving it running all night in the tank to hopefully loosen off any gremlins then Ill get the WD40 out, see how it progresses.

Thanks guys.

Matt
mine was full of rust and I did remove the bottom and gave it a spin after the WD40, it worked for a while and it stopped again, mine was 10/11 months old when I took it back and got a new one.