Ian Gourlay

OVEN CLEANING
« on: February 27, 2005, 12:36:11 pm »
Several people have asked about non Franchise oven cleaning.

I am not reccomending this company but it might be worth a look if anyone wants to go down this route. I know nothing about the company.

Hope thats clear.

www.excelovenclean.co.uk

Telephone 01952 272895

tenerife123

Re: OVEN CLEANING
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2005, 08:06:44 pm »
or you can give me a call on 07091124112 and i can help you set up your own oven cleaning business for £3000

grahamed

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2005, 06:25:05 pm »
Hi Ian,

We have just logged on to your website for the first time and noticed your advice on our Company excelovenclean.co.uk back in February this year. Thank you.

We would like to spread the word about our succesful Business opportunity in oven cleaning on your website and would welcome any advice from you on the way forward.

Thanks and Regards

Graham Smith and Ed Thomas.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2006, 04:21:43 pm »
Those who have been asking, this might help do ot know them so its up to you to find out.

Just trying to help.

Andy Hogarth

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2006, 07:33:53 pm »
Cheers for that Ian,  ;)

Andy
Www.2venturegroup.com

jinky230

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2006, 04:13:36 am »
Hi just came on to the forum and noticed this thread about oven cleaning

I stay in glasgow and took my lad to perth on wed for an interview at the college.On arriving into Perth I noticed this nice presented van with Oven cleaning on the side and wondered what it was about.Then I came onto the forum and the first thing I noticed was this thread on oven cleaning.
I have never seen a van advertise this service before

was thinking is this fate-- well who know but strange anyway

jinky

clifford123

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2006, 06:50:22 pm »
hi jinky
the van you saw could have been mine :o can you remember the company name and the colour of the van...only just starting out so it's good that i have been noticed and that my van as you say was well presented.... 8)
dave

jinky230

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2006, 05:54:33 am »
hi dave it was parked in a driveway on a main road coming into perth
I believe the van was white with signwriting canna remember
but I an presently looking at other services in cleaning to get into ,and this is why my eyes were drawn to the van.

can you advice on starting this type of business

I presently do window cleaning carpet and upholstery cleaning jetwashing driveways and roofs gutter cleaning and soffits exteriror decorating and wanted to add oven cleaning to the list

I find when you do several different types of work the client asks for one service then moves onto the others

but any info would be appreciated

jinky230
looked on the oven association site and no one registerd in scotland is the association up to much- nice to have an organisation at your back it gives customers confidence in your ability if nothing else

opinions welcomed

paul bruce

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2006, 09:49:38 am »
Regarding the oven cleaning association, as far as i am aware the only way one can be come a member of this is if you pay to do the training with a certain Southern based company who also happen to be behind the association, so not truly an independent  association, maybe one day there will be one open to all.

Starting a non franchise operation is much cheaper with training and equipment costs will be around 3k.
You must be a hard working guy with all the other services you all ready do , so bear in mind it can take 2 hours + to do an average size oven.

Paul

clifford123

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2006, 11:11:00 am »
i agree with paul....training is very important otherwise you wo'nt know what hell you are doing..health and safety in particular, for not only you, but your customers also...you will also need a van big enough to take a dipping tank 2' x 3'...propane gas cylinder and a couple of tool boxes...i only have a combo at the moment and this takes up most of the space..not all ovens are the same, so some training in how to dismantle etc:, i would say is desirable...training would also be essential in the correct use of the cleaning fluids/chemicals...a fair bit of damage can be caused through miss-use....anyway i can put you on to someone who can do all this for a couple of grand (minus the van and advertising)  hope this of help
dave

clifford123

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2006, 11:12:54 am »
p.s. spelling not my strong point, but you'll get used to it on this forum ;D ;D

K Davis

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2006, 02:44:17 pm »
Regarding the Association of Approved Oven Cleaners, all members have trained through the same system, to ensure continuity of high standards and products used.  The association is independent and not owned by a company, otherwise it wouldn't be able to hold it's charitable status.  To become a member it is necessary to train through a member otherwise continuity in systems for recommendations wouldn't follow through.  And yes, we  are members and do run training courses.