dazmond

Ex customers.....
« on: May 08, 2024, 08:20:58 am »
Had a text off one yesterday(last cleaned 3 years ago)asking how much would I charge to clean her 5 skylights as her current window cleaners can't reach them... ;D

She got rid of me when I put the price up £2 to £32 after years of service and no price rises...

I simply replied 'I'm sorry but I wouldn't take you on as a customer again'
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

Re: Ex customers.....
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2024, 08:24:19 am »
I'm cleaning 4 of her neighbours this morning so I'll smile and wave at her if I see her! ;D

She basically replaced me with a cheaper cleaner who charged £25 but the skylights will not have been cleaned for 3 years now as they don't have a 47ft pole!🤣

michael mckeary

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2024, 08:44:25 am »
I would have told her no problem, £200 because they have not been cleaned since I last cleaned them. Money paid into my bank account before I begin. I always offer old customers my service back but bump up the price. I'm happy to do work at a premium. Received a call from a rich guy saying he only had 12 windows. He texted his address and I saw it was a £750k house. I text back the real price and not heard from him since. I think he bumped the windy cleaner and thought he would get a newbi to do it for a tenner a month or he was selling up. Great getting customers this time of year because we are all busy so give a good price and don't need to explain anything because they need you more than we need them.

Bungle

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2024, 09:30:55 am »
£200  FFS haha. Joke and plss take.
We look at them, they look through them.

Bungle

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2024, 02:26:17 pm »
I would have told her no problem, £200 because they have not been cleaned since I last cleaned them. Money paid into my bank account before I begin. I always offer old customers my service back but bump up the price. I'm happy to do work at a premium. Received a call from a rich guy saying he only had 12 windows. He texted his address and I saw it was a £750k house. I text back the real price and not heard from him since. I think he bumped the windy cleaner and thought he would get a newbi to do it for a tenner a month or he was selling up. Great getting customers this time of year because we are all busy so give a good price and don't need to explain anything because they need you more than we need them.

How many have you lost to get the 100 you claim you have?
We look at them, they look through them.

Gringo

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2024, 03:30:31 pm »

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2024, 05:47:51 pm »

These are the skylights....no thanks!😆😎

Slacky

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2024, 07:06:42 pm »
£32? Wow, that’s under-priced.

Spruce

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2024, 07:17:09 pm »

The trouble is that the customer has no concept of the cost of the equipment and difficulty involved cleaning those skylights.

How much? It's only 5 skylights to clean! Not more than 5 minutes to clean those.

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2024, 07:59:04 am »

The trouble is that the customer has no concept of the cost of the equipment and difficulty involved cleaning those skylights.

How much? It's only 5 skylights to clean! Not more than 5 minutes to clean those.

I spent  years cleaning them skylights for £30 then she dumped me over a £2 price rise...the whole job used to take no more than 30 mins but ended up becoming a 'grudge' clean.

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2024, 08:02:44 am »

What planet are you living on?

Vastly overpricing a job and no chance  of getting it is just foolish...

dazmond

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2024, 08:06:49 am »

I would charge £50 now for a job that size.in fact I picked up a similar property a few months ago and she always gives me an extra tenner(so £60)which means in her eyes I've underpriced it even though the job only takes 30mins and is right next to other work.

JandS

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2024, 09:31:49 am »
£50 monthly for that, is that monthly  as well.....can't see the front but sounds pretty expensive....although if they are prepared to pay that fair play.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

NBwcs

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2024, 10:58:30 am »

I would charge £50 now for a job that size.in fact I picked up a similar property a few months ago and she always gives me an extra tenner(so £60)which means in her eyes I've underpriced it even though the job only takes 30mins and is right next to other work.

£50? :-\... Not round here you wouldnt.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2024, 12:33:03 pm »
Depending on the size of your business, if you aren't getting a couple a year moaning about your prices then you are too cheap.
It's a game of three halves!

Spruce

« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2024, 02:20:15 pm »

£50? :-\... Not round here you wouldnt.

Neither around here either.  I would have to carry a defibrillator around with me, just in case.  ;D
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

dazmond

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2024, 04:13:45 pm »
£50 monthly for that, is that monthly  as well.....can't see the front but sounds pretty expensive....although if they are prepared to pay that fair play.

Not monthly...larger type properties away from my run of the mill estate work are always 8 weekly.im lucky as there is a lot of larger properties where I work as its a very affluent area and I've picked up a fair few over the years dotted about within a 3 mile area so no long drives between jobs.

These type of customers are loaded and I also need my 47footer for some skylights/3 storey windows.still easy jobs though.

dazmond

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2024, 04:23:50 pm »
Depending on the size of your business, if you aren't getting a couple a year moaning about your prices then you are too cheap.

I picked up a job a few years ago off a window cleaner I know who had dumped the job......

He charged £25 for a large stand alone and it took him 2 hours(trad)...I picked it up at £65 and took an hour WFP...

He genuinely couldn't believe I charged her that much so I shown him my printed slip I post through her postbox... ;D.he had inherited his dad's round and some of the prices were ridiculously low.i mean really low!

I now charge her £90 8 weekly as she has had a fairly large glass lean to erected on the side of her property...

He has since gone wfp but uses a 25l pf trolley and barrels.

dazmond

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2024, 04:28:26 pm »
I have lost the odd job to cheaper window cleaners too.i lost a £40 one a few years ago to a guy that charges £25.i always got the feeling she thought I was ripping her off as I was only there 30 mins max...

Swings and roundabouts...

Stoots

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2024, 05:27:27 pm »
That job looks about a 25 quidder, probably about 20 min job that. But i wouldnt be confident about getting it at that, theres definitely people that would do that cheaper....

Not that i would do it as i stopped doing skylights altogether i hate them, everything settles on them, then the sun welds it on and you cant put any pressue on the glass.

Last house i did had 4 skylights on the extension, i cleaned them all on a first clean spent ages.

Went to do the second clean, messaged her before hand and she said could you do the skylights as they wernt done last time  ::)roll

I just chalked it off the round, said goodbye to skylights an vowed never to do them again.