Jonny 87

Re: Can i do the impossible again
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2018, 09:27:00 am »
Wanted to build some suspense  ;D
Not really and not that u actually want to know, but I like to waffle  ;D.     With the Mrs health getting worse, we've put kids back into school, so I've been on school run etc etc.

The results.......... Less than disappointing at the moment.  The heat increase was far less than expected.  According to the all important heat calculator, it was as if I was using a 1kw heater and not a 2 kw.  However I've not looked into this yet, as the result is definitely wrong so not sure if my timer was at fault or something else. So I will look at that later this evening and report back.
For now, lets hear the jibes 😒😁

No jibes mate, I just honestly think that your old element was a 3kw. 😬

The results you have got this morning are probably what we all have had with immersions in the past.

For me it would take a 2kw element about 12 hours to just get my tank warm. You were getting scorching results before that seemed way more than was possible with even a 2kw.

As a side note, I hope your missus is doing ok, or Atleast can recover in the future from the current health issues.

All the best.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

nathankaye

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2018, 09:39:00 am »
Wanted to build some suspense  ;D
Not really and not that u actually want to know, but I like to waffle  ;D.     With the Mrs health getting worse, we've put kids back into school, so I've been on school run etc etc.

The results.......... Less than disappointing at the moment.  The heat increase was far less than expected.  According to the all important heat calculator, it was as if I was using a 1kw heater and not a 2 kw.  However I've not looked into this yet, as the result is definitely wrong so not sure if my timer was at fault or something else. So I will look at that later this evening and report back.
For now, lets hear the jibes 😒😁

No jibes mate, I just honestly think that your old element was a 3kw. 😬

The results you have got this morning are probably what we all have had with immersions in the past.

For me it would take a 2kw element about 12 hours to just get my tank warm. You were getting scorching results before that seemed way more than was possible with even a 2kw.

As a side note, I hope your missus is doing ok, or Atleast can recover in the future from the current health issues.

All the best.

Cheers, hopefully soon she will be on the road to recovery.

I do agree, the previous element was amazing, however I did not have a spike on electric usage that I was expecting to see on the meter and by all accounts it was what I purchased. However it is out now, so I can investigate a little more perhaps but whilst I was getting good results with no heated wiring or plugs etc, I had no reason to take it out and look. Esp as it was relatively cheap to use.

However, if the likes of Sean are convinced the heat calculation is also scientific fact, then something is at fault with this as well. As it isnt giving the results of a 2kw. Haha I feel like putting the old one back in. But I will investigate, as it could be simply my error with the digital timer plug or something.

For now, I've had my third coffee of the morning so I best go clean some glass.
Have a good day lads (though here it looks miserable and grey)
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Smudger

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2018, 10:41:40 am »
No jibes - perhaps an admission that others sometimes know what they are talking about

You’ve done the test and got a result  just go with it, that’s far more credible than waffle

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

p1w1

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2018, 11:09:07 am »
I think you should sit up all night and keep records and report back , maybe video it all ;D
Joking aside mate ...best wishes to your Mrs hope she's better soon

Dave Willis

« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2018, 02:11:01 pm »
Sorry, I was asleep at the back. I haven’t a clue what you’re on about now. You had an amazing 2Kw heater and took it out for a 1kw? Or you have a new 2Kw?  What was wrong with the first one? Just one sentance reply would do  ;)

Smudger

« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2018, 02:16:47 pm »
No Dave pay attention- he had aquarium heaters that reached 60 degrees then installed a 1 kw element that heated the water (450 litres) to 70 degrees or boiled by point (something like that) in under 3 hours but has now put in a 2 kw element 🤪

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

nathankaye

« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2018, 02:42:53 pm »
Nope, I'm using 100 pocket warmers. There great and all you do is reboil them. (so keep them in two nets lol
😱😂😂
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

NWH

« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2018, 04:32:41 pm »
As soon as you unplug that immersion the water is cooling down Nathan insulation or not

Smudger

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2018, 05:13:38 pm »
That’s true - but it stays hot/warm enough for several hours

Darran

nathankaye

« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2018, 05:27:04 pm »
Obviously, however good insulation will slow that down heck of a lot.
My experience was that in the course of a day and I mean until 8pm, my water would have only lost about 5 degrees.
Also the home immersion tanks with a jacket on would keep the water in the tank hot for the majority of the day.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

nathankaye

« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2018, 08:00:33 pm »
So this morning the temp was a hand warming 43 degrees.
Tonight at 8pm the water that's left in is 39, 3 degrees.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Don Kee

« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2018, 08:19:34 pm »
Do you somehow circulate the heat or are you just taking the temp readings from the top of the tank?

If the top of the tank then surely you’re getting a false reading as the water at the bottom of the tank will be a lower temp reading (due to heat rising) and therefore the water at the tank outlet is lower? (and thats the water you’re actually using)

Slacky

« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2018, 09:47:16 pm »
In answer to your opening gambit, no you cant and no you didn't in the first place.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2018, 11:04:17 pm »
Dry Clean sitting on the sidelines ;D  ;D