Stoots

Debt letter progress
« on: January 03, 2020, 05:33:13 pm »
Sent out about 30 debt letters on tuesday, total debt is about £400 i think

So they are probably just starting to land in peoples letter boxes.

Some of these debts are over a year old, although most are from the last 12 months.

Will be interesting to see how many cough up.

Cost me £20 in stamps.

So far ive recovered £40 from 3 jobs so im up at least  ;D

had 2 snotty emails from people who didnt like my "threatening" letter lol

S.A.J

Re: Debt letter progress
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2020, 06:01:24 pm »
I’m going to be doing this next week!

How did you word your letter if you don’t mind me asking? Written a few but not happy with the wording.

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2020, 06:31:29 pm »
thankfully ive never had to send even one debt letter in 27 years of window cleaning.....last year i only had to write off £8!(elderly customer who died).......
price higher/work harder!

Jonny 87

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2020, 06:34:50 pm »
thankfully ive never had to send even one debt letter in 27 years of window cleaning.....last year i only had to write off £8!(elderly customer who died).......

That’s no excuse. The family should cough up.

;D
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Stoots

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2020, 06:46:23 pm »

How did you word your letter if you don’t mind me asking? Written a few but not happy with the wording.

Ive wrote a few diff ones, heres the one i sent. Excuse me if its not grammatically perfect im only a window cleaner

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2020, 06:48:54 pm »

Ive wrote a few diff ones, heres the one i sent. Excuse me if its not grammatically perfect im only a window cleaner

i think thats a good letter Adam apart from the merry xmas at the end.......👍
price higher/work harder!

S.A.J

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2020, 07:00:50 pm »
Thanks mate 👍🏻

SB Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2020, 07:20:32 pm »

i think thats a good letter Adam apart from the merry xmas at the end.......👍
I wouldn't of put Merry Christmas at the end either, otherwise it's written ok.

Stoots

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2020, 08:25:45 pm »
The merry Christmas was intended to wind them up a bit.

Its supposed to be sarcastic, I couldnt resist.

nathankaye

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2020, 08:43:38 pm »
Not professional though and belittles your letter
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

capn sparkle

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2020, 08:46:37 pm »
Merry Christmas was my favourite bit Gomo - well scripted, keep us updated as to the response eh!

Oliver James

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2020, 01:54:30 pm »
Here are mine:

Letter 1 gets sent twice, first after 13 days and then again at day 20. After the second letter they get a visit at 8am on a Saturday morning with me requesting payment by card using the Stripe App on my 'phone.

Letter 3 gets sent once, and I always fill in two copies so that I can send it with letter 4. and I diarise to send letter 4 at the same time. Letter 4 has the CCJ form N1 attached. You can download the N1 form from the website of the county court.

We recover most of our debt, but one or two still slip through the net.....

LETTER 1

Dear Sir / Madam,

I write to let you know that we have not yet received payment for window cleaning ser-vices.

Please can you give this your prompt attention now. If you have recently set up payment online or have recently paid then please ignore this letter.

If you have any queries about your account please do not hesitate to contact me

There are three methods to pay your bill either.

1. For continuation of service: Please set up a direct debit using our secure direct deb-it payment system. It's free to use, secure and it saves you time in the future. To set up a direct debit simply go to:

www.oliverthewindowcleaner.com/directdebit.

The form takes less than two minutes to complete.

This and any future window cleaning bills will then be collected automatically by direct debit AFTER each window clean.             

This is not a monthly direct debit. Payments are only collected AFTER we have cleaned your windows (approx 5 days after the clean).

Please note; for any future service we need payment by direct debit so if you want to use our services please set up a direct debit online.

PTO      
2. Online via online bank transfer. Account number: , sort code
Please quote the first line of your address as a payment reference.

3. By Cheque payable to OLIVER JAMES to be sent to Oliver James, address . Please write the first line of your address on the back of the cheque.

4. By credit or debit card over the phone by telephoning  (phone answered between 8am and 8pm).

LETTER 2 (BASED ON IAN LANCASTERS LETTER HE POSTED PREVIOUSLY)

Dear Sir / Madam,

Re: Window Cleaning Services at …………………..

Following your original request for window cleaning services at the above address, you accepted our offer of service of a …. weekly clean at a price of £…... I cleaned them on ………………

We must now insist on full payment within 14 days of the date of this letter. The sum required is the total of £…..

If we do not receive a cheque made payable to Oliver James or bacs (to account number  sort code , PLEASE USE THE FIRST LINE OF YOUR ADDRESS AS A REFERENCE) for the sum of £….. by …………. we may take one of the following actions:

1. We may apply to the Small Claims Court, this action will incur additional costs, and we have access to expert legal assistance via the Federation of Small Businesses which could involve further costs to be borne by you.

2. We may sell the debt to a professional debt collection agency. This will involve you in considerable extra expense.

Yours sincerely,

LETTER 3

Dear Sir / Madam,

I refer to my letter dated …………………. (copy attached to County Court Claim Form N1)

Unless I receive the amount stated in the letter by 1700 on …………………. I will mail this paperwork to Birmingham County Court.

deeege

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2020, 03:33:05 pm »
days after the clean).

You really send a letter after 13 and 20 days?  :o

You most spend more time printing and posting letters than you do cleaning windows. Seems a bit desperate to me.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Splash & dash

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2020, 03:34:29 pm »
Here are mine:

Letter 1 gets sent twice, first after 13 days and then again at day 20. After the second letter they get a visit at 8am on a Saturday morning with me requesting payment by card using the Stripe App on my 'phone.

Letter 3 gets sent once, and I always fill in two copies so that I can send it with letter 4. and I diarise to send letter 4 at the same time. Letter 4 has the CCJ form N1 attached. You can download the N1 form from the website of the county court.

We recover most of our debt, but one or two still slip through the net.....

LETTER 1

Dear Sir / Madam,

I write to let you know that we have not yet received payment for window cleaning ser-vices.

Please can you give this your prompt attention now. If you have recently set up payment online or have recently paid then please ignore this letter.

If you have any queries about your account please do not hesitate to contact me

There are three methods to pay your bill either.

1. For continuation of service: Please set up a direct debit using our secure direct deb-it payment system. It's free to use, secure and it saves you time in the future. To set up a direct debit simply go to:

www.oliverthewindowcleaner.com/directdebit.

The form takes less than two minutes to complete.

This and any future window cleaning bills will then be collected automatically by direct debit AFTER each window clean.             

This is not a monthly direct debit. Payments are only collected AFTER we have cleaned your windows (approx 5 days after the clean).

Please note; for any future service we need payment by direct debit so if you want to use our services please set up a direct debit online.

PTO      
2. Online via online bank transfer. Account number: , sort code
Please quote the first line of your address as a payment reference.

3. By Cheque payable to OLIVER JAMES to be sent to Oliver James, address . Please write the first line of your address on the back of the cheque.

4. By credit or debit card over the phone by telephoning  (phone answered between 8am and 8pm).

LETTER 2 (BASED ON IAN LANCASTERS LETTER HE POSTED PREVIOUSLY)

Dear Sir / Madam,

Re: Window Cleaning Services at …………………..

Following your original request for window cleaning services at the above address, you accepted our offer of service of a …. weekly clean at a price of £…... I cleaned them on ………………

We must now insist on full payment within 14 days of the date of this letter. The sum required is the total of £…..

If we do not receive a cheque made payable to Oliver James or bacs (to account number  sort code , PLEASE USE THE FIRST LINE OF YOUR ADDRESS AS A REFERENCE) for the sum of £….. by …………. we may take one of the following actions:

1. We may apply to the Small Claims Court, this action will incur additional costs, and we have access to expert legal assistance via the Federation of Small Businesses which could involve further costs to be borne by you.

2. We may sell the debt to a professional debt collection agency. This will involve you in considerable extra expense.

Yours sincerely,

LETTER 3

Dear Sir / Madam,

I refer to my letter dated …………………. (copy attached to County Court Claim Form N1)

Unless I receive the amount stated in the letter by 1700 on …………………. I will mail this paperwork to Birmingham County Court.

Lol all that to try and get £15-20 never worth the time or hassle 😂😂😂

Crystal-clear

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2020, 10:37:51 pm »
Haha the merry Christmas cracked me up!

I must say a very good letter but I think a very small portion of those people might not take you quite seriously because of that last word!.

Anyhow keep us updated because it is a well written letter I wouldn't be surprised if you get 75%

Crystal-clear

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2020, 05:58:28 pm »
any updates on this how many payments did you get in?