neil100
« on: January 04, 2007, 07:50:32 pm »
you know when you Protecta-Kote your son's van did you plyline it first or just paint it straight on to the metal floor

neil100

Re: neil100
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 06:41:03 pm »
Paint the metal floor. Dont put plylineing on the top of the floor. If you do the water just gets trapped under the plylining. It will smell damp all the time. It will also add to the van floor rotting as the van floor will never be dry.

When I plylined my sons van it was only the sides of the van, just the same as my van. You dont need anything on top of a protekacote van floor. My sons van had a plastic linear for the van floor. The linear is in the garage, I never put it back in.

Nel. Heres a pic of my van, Plylined on the sides not on the floor.

Bazzy1999

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 06:51:24 pm »
My van is already fully plylined is it ok to paint Protecta-Kote on top or do i have to take it up.

Cheers

Bazz...

neil100

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007, 10:03:44 pm »
If it was my van Bazz I would take it up.

Remmber people plyline to protect the van. A builder throwing bricks into is van would soon damage it, the sides are plylined to prevent dinging the side pannels from the inside. If you have ever seen a van thats got lots of dings in the side from internal abuse  you soon Realize why people protect an asset.

A plylined floor can give you more problems over an extended period of time if you are useing wfp.

My van floor to be honest is bone dry nearly all of the time. But I have flooded the van on a few Occasions when I get distracted filling it up. It soon dries as the van is parked on a slope and the water drains away. If the tank was sat on plylining, water would hide under the floor soak into the wood and in winter would take quite some time to dry out.

Take the plylined floor out and just store it. When you sell the van on you can put it back in.

Nel.

Bazzy1999

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2007, 08:16:40 am »
Cheers Nel sounds like good advice  ;D

Bazz...

gary evans

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2007, 08:25:22 am »
Hi Neil,

Just looking at your pics the system looks very good & professional. Does all the frame work come fitted or have you added ectra, i can see a curved bar as you look in from the rear.

What size tank & van is it in.

Gary

neil100

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2007, 11:47:18 am »
Hi Gary,

The van is a Fiat ducato, Exactly the same as a Pugeot Boxer or Citroen Relay. Same engine. The only diffrences are tiny due to the vans being made from a partnership. Its just fiat gives you more goodies for the money.

The tank is 800ltr. Its made of a very tough kind of plastic,They build storage tanks up to 3000 ltrs as the material is so strong. Its black so you dont get any light Incretion resulting in alage forming on the bottom of the tank.

Facelift designed built and fitted the tank and frame. Phill whos an enginer designed it all and fitted it. The tank is superb the van handles fantastic other then slower accelartion and longer braking distances due to the increased weight. You never here water sloshing around the tank due to the way its been baffled inside.

Hes designed the frame to spread the weight evenly around the sides and back if you are involved in a collision. Besides being bolted through the van floor, their are plates underneath to help take the strain and two bolts go through special clamps underneath the van that are fixed round the chassis rails underneath.

The chrome bar is there to hopefully stop the frame from going out of shape in a high speed collision.

Well  recommended.

Nel.

s woodliff

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2007, 11:24:46 pm »
looks good !! wot sort of price is the out fit from face lift cos the dont seem to tell you anything about there systems on there website?

jouk45

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2007, 12:05:43 am »
great job neil, do you have to clean the paintwork with any special cleaners first,
and do you use sandpaper to key it for the Protecta-Kote, do you spray it on, or
use a paint brush, neil may i use your pics for my forum, also if you have any other pics
preping it, could i use them to, i will make you a star promise  ;D thanks jouk

neil100

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2007, 10:33:28 am »
Mr woodliff you will need to talk to Daniel at facelift. He deals with the selling side of things. I travelled over to see their setup before I commited myself to buy.

Their prices are not cast in stone so you do have to be a good Negotiator to get a good discount. I hammered the price down till I was happy, then I left a cash deposit. He may have discounted it more then normall if they had a cash flow problem.

I paid including Vat £3800.00.
I got       800ltr tank with pole holder for 3 poles intergrated onto the tank
              2 x Metal hose reels with one having 1/2" hose
              2 x 60psi pump Flowjet with strainer.
              2 x DI tanks filled with resin in the van
              1  85amp Lesiure Battery
              Box for Batterys built in.
              Stainless steel Metal frame made mostly from 430 grade Stainless steel.
              All connections and fittings including high pressure pull out pipe work.
              1 x 36' fiberlgass pole with facelift brush and metal gooseneck
              1 x 18' pole with vikan brush
              2 x Mini poles with vikan brush ( 3 x 3' sections)
              1 x Shuroflow Backpack
              40 x 40 Ro vessell mounted on the same kind of Black Plastic the tank is made from. Which in turn is fixed to a selfstanding stainless steel frame with sediment and Carbon block 10" filters fitted. Same high pressure pull out fittings and connections as used in the van. Superior to John Guest as you dont use pipe inserts on the connections. The plastic tubeing is thicker and stronger then normall tubeing. The Ro had all fittings and connections to attach to an 1/2" hose. Plus they gave me a shut off valve for my 1000ltr Ibc storage tank that I bought second hand for £30.00. And another Di tank(same size as the van DI tanks) with a Cobra clamp attached to the frame.
             1 x Tds reader. I think thats everything I got. Ogf course it including them fitting it. I left my van there for a full week.

Jouk I just started rubbing down. Go to halfords they have special sponges for rubbing down,you can use it wet or dry. Try the finer grade first as the hevier grade will go right through to the metal very easily. A 2" brush is fine remember your not painting your dabbing. Rollers are a waste of money. Brodex use a brush only on all the jobs they do. I will look to see if I have any other pics. Not sure I have.

Nel.

jouk45

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2007, 01:43:25 pm »
thanks neil, would be appreciated  :)

Count Phil

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2007, 02:02:07 pm »
Just rolled the protector coat on. If I did it again I would use a paint brush as the grainy bits just clumped and had to be spread out.

Its all you need, its tough and rubbery and looks quite good too. All the grainy bits make it non-slip.

master cleaner

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2007, 10:02:42 pm »
i used paint pads it only took minuites to do

gary