֍Winp®oClean֍

Re: Scotland window cleaning
« Reply #80 on: March 18, 2019, 06:15:26 pm »
I've done what you want to do Nathan- my honest opinion is that trying to live in Scotland and work in Donny is a none starter. You would be best to plan this move about a year ahead. Do more research into where about in Scotland would suit all your needs best. Houses up here aren't a problem so don't be rushed, you can rent lovely, rural cottages very reasonably almost anywhere. You would be best to have some money behind you to give yourself breathing space, sell your current work and either try to buy a round or look for a job while you build your own.
I did this before I had any kids, you are doing it with multiple dependents so you need to think and plan seriously within a reasonable timeframe.
All that said,  get it right and the lifestyle is awsome!!😁👍
Comfortably Numb!

G Griffin

« Reply #81 on: March 18, 2019, 06:30:31 pm »
I've done what you want to do Nathan- my honest opinion is that trying to live in Scotland and work in Donny is a none starter. You would be best to plan this move about a year ahead. Do more research into where about in Scotland would suit all your needs best. Houses up here aren't a problem so don't be rushed, you can rent lovely, rural cottages very reasonably almost anywhere. You would be best to have some money behind you to give yourself breathing space, sell your current work and either try to buy a round or look for a job while you build your own.
I did this before I had any kids, you are doing it with multiple dependents so you need to think and plan seriously within a reasonable timeframe.
Wise words.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

nathankaye

« Reply #82 on: March 18, 2019, 07:49:01 pm »
Wise words.

Wise words and very similar to my orig plans.  Thank you Peavey.  Also thank you G as well 👍

This opportunity has come much sooner and has prompted some thinking of being spontaneous but also considering all aspects.

Im in contact with someone in paisley putting feelings out with his fellow cleaners to see if anybody is renting or taking on an employee.  Whilst also hitting groups on facebook enquiring of the same.
Employment wise, that wont happen until im there so that has to wait but is also an option, haha i half hoped lee was based in scotland as his employees earnt a nice little wage and had stress free business side of things 😉

Just considering all aspects before i go forward or knock this current idea on the head and stick to the orig ideal for now
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Jonny 87

« Reply #83 on: March 19, 2019, 12:39:08 pm »
Wise words.

Wise words and very similar to my orig plans.  Thank you Peavey.  Also thank you G as well 👍

This opportunity has come much sooner and has prompted some thinking of being spontaneous but also considering all aspects.

Im in contact with someone in paisley putting feelings out with his fellow cleaners to see if anybody is renting or taking on an employee.  Whilst also hitting groups on facebook enquiring of the same.
Employment wise, that wont happen until im there so that has to wait but is also an option, haha i half hoped lee was based in scotland as his employees earnt a nice little wage and had stress free business side of things 😉

Just considering all aspects before i go forward or knock this current idea on the head and stick to the orig ideal for now

Nathan.......... paisley wouldn’t be my first choice to either work or live. It’s a concrete jungle and work there is quite cut throat. Lower prices are more prevelant. It’s not an accurate representation of Scotland.

I’m only saying that in case you feel put off by the area.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Jonny 87

« Reply #84 on: March 19, 2019, 12:48:30 pm »
So ive an opportunity of a house in rigside in Lanark. It sounds out in the sticks and looking at wikipedia (i know i know! Lol) sounds like the vast majority commute to glasgow or edinburgh.
Also the housing is heated by ASHP, just wondered if anybody works round these areas and advice on what its like? To live n work wise?  Also if anybody else uses ASHP and what its like?
Really really appreciate any advice on this

Sorry Nathan I just saw this post!

I’m sat having my lunch in Lanark right now. Most my work is Lanark, carluke, and biggar.

If I could choose one place to NOT live in my area it would be ringside. My advice would be to keep on searching.

Lanark is great, carluke is where I live and is also fine. (Not as posh as Lanark).

Biggar and surrounding areas would be perfect for you, but property and rentals are a bit more pricey.

If I was you, I’d avoid ringside, Forth, and certain parts of an area called Douglas. They are the “rougher” areas, although like anywhere else there is a few nice parts.

There is more work than I can handle in this area and prices I’d say are fine.

Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

nathankaye

« Reply #85 on: March 19, 2019, 01:21:10 pm »
So ive an opportunity of a house in rigside in Lanark. It sounds out in the sticks and looking at wikipedia (i know i know! Lol) sounds like the vast majority commute to glasgow or edinburgh.
Also the housing is heated by ASHP, just wondered if anybody works round these areas and advice on what its like? To live n work wise?  Also if anybody else uses ASHP and what its like?

I’m sat having my lunch in Lanark right now. Most my work is Lanark, carluke, and biggar.

If I could choose one place to NOT live in my area it would be ringside. My advice would be to keep on searching.

Lanark is great, carluke is where I live and is also fine. (Not as posh as Lanark).

Biggar and surrounding areas would be perfect for you, but property and rentals are a bit more pricey.

If I was you, I’d avoid ringside, Forth, and certain parts of an area called Douglas. They are the “rougher” areas, although like anywhere else there is a few nice parts.

Cheers Jonny.
Weve now come to that conclusion having a  better look on google maps, rigside doesnt look a nice area and supposedly the other villages close by are somewhat ran down. Initially i thought with it being a new renovated house it would be ok to get started until we knew the area better and then take it from there.

Lanark itself looks good n busy.   Can i ask, do you travel to glasgow or edinburgh for work as well and therefore use 2 liscenses?  As this is what im thinking I may have to do inorder to either work withbdifferent ones until ive built a round or infact to actually build a round,
Totally understand if u dont want to answer that one.

Ive made a friend in paisley and my mrs keeps wanting me to ask him about where he works and if theres plentybof work to be had. Now i dont mind asking general questions but i told her its like someone asking me if they can come and potentially take my customers away from me inorder for them to set up 😂😂 so not keen on questions like that. But generally speaking would 2 licenses be suitable or the norm or is it literally depending the size of the catchment area?
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Scrimble

« Reply #86 on: March 19, 2019, 05:27:54 pm »
I must have missed all the gos!, NGK whatever happened to the push for 80k? is it dead in the water?

Jonny 87

« Reply #87 on: March 19, 2019, 09:03:32 pm »

Cheers Jonny.
Weve now come to that conclusion having a  better look on google maps, rigside doesnt look a nice area and supposedly the other villages close by are somewhat ran down. Initially i thought with it being a new renovated house it would be ok to get started until we knew the area better and then take it from there.

Lanark itself looks good n busy.   Can i ask, do you travel to glasgow or edinburgh for work as well and therefore use 2 liscenses?  As this is what im thinking I may have to do inorder to either work withbdifferent ones until ive built a round or infact to actually build a round,
Totally understand if u dont want to answer that one.

Ive made a friend in paisley and my mrs keeps wanting me to ask him about where he works and if theres plentybof work to be had. Now i dont mind asking general questions but i told her its like someone asking me if they can come and potentially take my customers away from me inorder for them to set up 😂😂 so not keen on questions like that. But generally speaking would 2 licenses be suitable or the norm or is it literally depending the size of the catchment area?

Happy to help mate.

Here in Lanark it’s about 45 minutes (on a good day) to get into Glasgow, and about 1 hour 15 mins to Edinburgh.

I really don’t think you’d have to go that far though. In this area, I reckon 6 months of a hard push, and you could get a few  grand a months work.

It’s hard to say for definite though as I’ve just gradually built my round here since 2010.

I only have the south Lanarkshire license, but having a few licenses isn’t a game changer. £50 a year or so for another license depending on the area.

Dave Willis

« Reply #88 on: March 19, 2019, 09:29:08 pm »
Do they have Toby Carverys in Scotland?

SB Cleaning

« Reply #89 on: March 19, 2019, 09:43:49 pm »

;D

KS Cleaning

« Reply #90 on: March 19, 2019, 10:16:30 pm »
Aye but the drink drive limit is lower here, he wouldn’t be able to drink on the job😂

nathankaye

« Reply #91 on: March 19, 2019, 10:43:16 pm »
Aye zero tollerance. 
I hate visiting scotland and being the designated driver all the time
😂😂

But the breakie soumd better with the square sausage and a slice of haggis
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Jonny 87

« Reply #92 on: March 20, 2019, 06:53:59 am »

They do!

Haggis is particularly nice in the carverys up here.

Just depends on the season though. Haggis hunting season doesn’t start till April.  :'(

Steven Biggs

« Reply #93 on: March 21, 2019, 05:31:39 pm »
I have mate called Stan . Lives in a small town off the A3.0 . Callled Kazakh. Loves Scotland says its a right laugh .

G Griffin

« Reply #94 on: March 22, 2019, 11:08:06 am »
I have mate called Stan . Lives in a small town off the A3.0 . Callled Kazakh. Loves Scotland says its a right laugh .
;D
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

KS Cleaning

« Reply #95 on: March 22, 2019, 01:49:12 pm »
😢😢😢😢😢😢