zesty

Re: Scotland window cleaning
« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2019, 09:04:19 pm »
The British Bulldog
The English Lion

The Scottish Unicorn?? whats that all about

That's the SNP promoting/encouraging LGBT and the likes as if it's some kind of fashion or trend! ::)roll
They now have "pride" days in schools- IMO totally inappropriate for children as young as Eleven, let them be kids before ramming sexual devience into their innocent and immature minds!
On the radio last week, a youth LBGT group complaining that they feel unrepresented on public transport- what do they want, their own labeled seats? ::)roll the world is going mad!

Well said, and the less I say about this lgbt stuff the better, I’ll be banned if i speak (or write) my mind on that stuff. The things kids are now being taught because of a minority is shocking.

Anyway, back to Scotland.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2019, 09:23:53 pm »
The British Bulldog
The English Lion

The Scottish Unicorn?? whats that all about

That's the SNP promoting/encouraging LGBT and the likes as if it's some kind of fashion or trend! ::)roll
They now have "pride" days in schools- IMO totally inappropriate for children as young as Eleven, let them be kids before ramming sexual devience into their innocent and immature minds!
On the radio last week, a youth LBGT group complaining that they feel unrepresented on public transport- what do they want, their own labeled seats? ::)roll the world is going mad!

Well said, and the less I say about this lgbt stuff the better, I’ll be banned if i speak (or write) my mind on that stuff. The things kids are now being taught because of a minority is shocking.

Anyway, back to Scotland.

Ditto, it's the most polite way I could put it, makes my blood boil!! :(
Comfortably Numb!

nathankaye

« Reply #62 on: March 04, 2019, 10:17:19 pm »
I saw and reposted this on my own facebook page. Kinda sums it all up, how crazy the world has became

facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

G Griffin

« Reply #63 on: March 06, 2019, 07:19:37 am »
‘   Near me most bungalow owners wish to clean their own. Is this the case in scotland?’                                                                  What a stupid question ??? 

Sometimes I really worry about you Nathan  ;D
Not that stupid a question.
Look at the population of Scotland and their height.
Nicola Sturgeon, Janette Krankie, Jocky Wilson, Archie Gemmill, Gordon Strachan and Burney out of Rab C Nesbitt; they're all wee.
So even if they live in bungalows they still might not be able to reach their own windows.
You could be onto something, Nathan. I think the only thing holding you back is if you start doing your Russ Abbot "see you, Jimmy" impression to sound like them.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

nathankaye

« Reply #64 on: March 06, 2019, 08:24:34 am »
I dont particularly want to work in the cities within scotland. The reason for the bungalow question is that a number of villages i travelled through seem to have more bungalows and masionettes than houses. So the ratio isnt great in them villages, leaving less  windows to be cleaned and they are already divided between ones who dont want a window cleaner and the many window cleaners already in those areas. So that particular area may be a no go for me to settle upon.

South ayrshire
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

G Griffin

« Reply #65 on: March 06, 2019, 08:30:57 am »
Hmmm, having done your research, it might not be a good move.
Why not just do as someone suggested, get yourself a static and go for weekends and short breaks?
It doesn't even have to be as far as Scotland.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Edge Clean

« Reply #66 on: March 06, 2019, 09:52:20 am »
I dont particularly want to work in the cities within scotland. The reason for the bungalow question is that a number of villages i travelled through seem to have more bungalows and masionettes than houses. So the ratio isnt great in them villages, leaving less  windows to be cleaned and they are already divided between ones who dont want a window cleaner and the many window cleaners already in those areas. So that particular area may be a no go for me to settle upon.

South ayrshire

Nathan, why not consider the next County down, Dumfries & Galloway.

I lived and cleaned windows in this County for 12 years, great potential in this area.

Plus it's on the Scotland / England border so you wouldn't need to fake a "see u Jimmy accent" as the area is full of English folks.

Happy to discuss the pros n cons of this area with you.

G Griffin

« Reply #67 on: March 06, 2019, 12:08:13 pm »

South ayrshire

Nathan, why not consider the next County down, Dumfries & Galloway.

I lived and cleaned windows in this County for 12 years, great potential in this area.

Plus it's on the Scotland / England border so you wouldn't need to fake a "see u Jimmy accent" as the area is full of English folks.

Happy to discuss the pros n cons of this area with you.
Do you know them all?  ;D
And I thought County Down was in Ireland  ???.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Dave Willis

« Reply #68 on: March 06, 2019, 12:15:19 pm »
Easy to spot, they hang out at night on street corners smoking a fAg and showing a leg. Most of the cons start a window cleaning round.

Stoots

« Reply #69 on: March 06, 2019, 12:15:38 pm »
As nice as Scotland is why would you go live somewhere with generally speaking colder wetter weather and lower prices

Theres plenty of beautiful countryside down south, ok housing might be higher but if I was moving to start a window cleaning round and looking for a better life I wouldn't go further north, it's grim enough in yorkshire.

G Griffin

« Reply #70 on: March 06, 2019, 12:32:55 pm »
Or better still go further down that south and move to France.
Beautiful countryside and cheaper houses. I don't know what the prices are like but I bet they don't clean their own windows; too busy sat outside of restaurants drinking coffee, smoking and being arty in their sunglasses.
I can imagine Nathan doing the accent like the policeman off 'Allo 'Allo.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

nathankaye

« Reply #71 on: March 06, 2019, 02:32:21 pm »
Beautiful countryside and cheaper houses. I don't know what the prices are like but I bet they don't clean their own windows; too busy sat outside of restaurants drinking coffee, smoking and being arty in their sunglasses.

Nah, more like pink panther's french cop
😂😂
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

nathankaye

« Reply #72 on: March 16, 2019, 10:51:03 am »
So im getting some head way in further interest in making this happen.
So if i can ask if any on here work or know of the south lanarkshire parts of scotland.

Just generally what the areas are like, see if it matches what im reading.
Cheers again for any advice or cautions etc
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Granny

« Reply #73 on: March 16, 2019, 12:04:48 pm »
My wife's French. They mostly have shutters so the windows don't really get dirty in bad weather PLUS French windows usually fold inwards so they can be cleaned from inside!

nathankaye

« Reply #74 on: March 16, 2019, 12:59:36 pm »
My wife's French. They mostly have shutters so the windows don't really get dirty in bad weather PLUS French windows usually fold inwards so they can be cleaned from inside!

Same in germany isnt it?   I have a couple of german friends who live over here and they mentioned their windows can open inwards.   But we rely on people being lazy and cant be bothered to clean their own windows. 
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

nathankaye

« Reply #75 on: March 18, 2019, 01:41:32 pm »
So ive an opportunity of a house in rigside in Lanark. It sounds out in the sticks and looking at wikipedia (i know i know! Lol) sounds like the vast majority commute to glasgow or edinburgh.
Also the housing is heated by ASHP, just wondered if anybody works round these areas and advice on what its like? To live n work wise?  Also if anybody else uses ASHP and what its like?
Really really appreciate any advice on this
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

G Griffin

« Reply #76 on: March 18, 2019, 01:50:10 pm »
Is it a council house?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

nathankaye

« Reply #77 on: March 18, 2019, 02:23:40 pm »
Is it a council house?

It is and looking on google maps its not great but wondered if its a stepping stone

Looking on google it seems alot of x mining areas and all but run down areas which doesnt bold well for building work up in the areas. But the reality may be different to what im reading and just wondered if this is the case
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

G Griffin

« Reply #78 on: March 18, 2019, 02:34:52 pm »
Is it a council house?

It is and looking on google maps its not great but wondered if its a stepping stone
No, I understand that. I just wondered how it happened so quickly and it'd be better than buying if things didn't work out.
I think you're rushing into it all.
I'd look at a static/holiday home first before upping sticks.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

nathankaye

« Reply #79 on: March 18, 2019, 03:01:16 pm »
Yep, we just had a phone call this morning with an offer that we certainly wasnt expecting and its on a house which is being renovated and wont be ready until several months anyway which would give some time to organise things and hopefully mean that there shouldnt be any problems with the house.

However the local villages all seem to be run down x mining vilages and would rely on working more city work and outskirts.  Which means a good commute but if the work is their then thats a good start.  Initially i can still condense my work here more so and bunk with family and also build up initial work in scotland and put feelers out for people to see if anyone is renting work out or need any employers until ive built a self sustaining round.  Then once some stepping stones are done i can sell my work here which will give some breathing space whilst building more up in scotland.

Yet i also agree its fast moving as we was thinking about within a yr doing all of this.

(If anybody is reading this thread but do not wish to respond (as often many do not wish to post for several reasons), thennyou can contact me directly via my email
1nks.services@gmail.com

Cheers guys
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk