dazmond

Re: RO water v DI only water?
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2019, 09:22:22 am »
he ll be on here soon....(splash and dash) to explain himself! ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D

Next time you get a diesel leak please don’t bother asking me for any advice , sort it out yourself

Your making yourself look like a fool mate.....just admit your wrong.......do you know how laughable it sounds when you say you 've picked up loads of work because joe public say their not happy with their window cleaner because he doesn't leave their windows shiny enough? ::)roll

Its BS that's why......man up and admit it.... ;D
price higher/work harder!

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2019, 10:31:17 am »
Do you have any understanding of pure water?  The methods are different but produce the same quality of water under the microscope.

If a customer blames DI its because that's what they have been told by a so called expert shiner who clearly knows FA. ;D
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

jonboywalton75

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2019, 11:47:54 am »
Wow, I'm double di, better get ready to lose some work😱😱😱😱

Splash & dash

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2019, 01:04:15 pm »
he ll be on here soon....(splash and dash) to explain himself! ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D

Next time you get a diesel leak please don’t bother asking me for any advice , sort it out yourself

Your making yourself look like a fool mate.....just admit your wrong.......do you know how laughable it sounds when you say you 've picked up loads of work because joe public say their not happy with their window cleaner because he doesn't leave their windows shiny enough? ::)roll

Its BS that's why......man up and admit it.... ;D

It’s a fact and it’s true the offer also applies to you come down hear I’ll take you to the customers and you can ask them and see for yourself either accept the offer or butt out  , any way this is rich coming from someone who one muinit sais hot water is the best thing since sliced bread then it’s a complete waist of time no better and not worth having , then spends 4:5 k on a boiler , doesn’t make you look great does it ? Next thing you will be saying you are buying a ro system 😂😂😂

Elfyn

« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2019, 01:11:49 pm »
I was told a few years ago by a staion comander in the North Wales Fire Service that they would treat the water that is used for WFP cleaning as a hazardous product.
I had a long chat with him and finally persuaded him that it was one of the least hazardous things you could have.
Just goes to show what bull S**T is out there.

hotsteam

« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2019, 02:27:40 pm »
So that means rain is a hazardous product ! , I must of been bored the other day when it was raining, I measured the rain water and it was 1ppm !

Cheers Hotsteam  ::)roll ::)roll ::)roll

p1w1

« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2019, 02:34:17 pm »
Jeeez whatever next  ::)roll , i thought Nathans threads were bad he's got competition now  ;D ;D just shows how easy some people are baffled with bullpoop

Splash & dash

« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2019, 02:46:53 pm »
Have a read of this hopefully you will then be able to see that ro and Di are going to give better finish to the windows and frames than Di alone

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2019, 03:14:33 pm »
I only use left handed screw drivers as they tighten better
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2019, 03:42:46 pm »
Have a read of this hopefully you will then be able to see that ro and Di are going to give better finish to the windows and frames than Di alone

Can you explain how any of that is relevant  in making a none porous surface more or less "shiney"?
Most people are already aware of what's explained in the above article. However, you still need to come up with some "plausible" reason/explanation as to why one type of pure water, whether it be by way of membrane or DI filtration would leave a surface any different to the other in terms of "shine". I look forward to your reply.👍
Comfortably Numb!

Splash & dash

« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2019, 04:39:42 pm »

Can you explain how any of that is relevant  in making a none porous surface more or less "shiney"?
Most people are already aware of what's explained in the above article. However, you still need to come up with some "plausible" reason/explanation as to why one type of pure water, whether it be by way of membrane or DI filtration would leave a surface any different to the other in terms of "shine". I look forward to your reply.👍

Ime no scientist , to put it in the simplest of terms and few words , a pre  filter takes out big bits of solids , a carbon filter takes out chlorine and other bits and bobs , an ro takes out 99% of all the other stuff , then the Di polishes the water .
So if you are just using  a 5 micron prefilter and Di all the other stuff is still in the water the Di doesn’t take out any solids .
The purer the water the more it wants to absorb dirt so Cleaning is better and faster
As the part of the article I posted sais

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2019, 04:47:47 pm »
But you are not talking about microscopic particles- even in terms of visibility to the human eye. You are claiming a superior finish in terms of enhanced "shine". How does that come about?
Comfortably Numb!

Bungle

« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2019, 05:23:56 pm »
Pringle anyone?
We look at them, they look through them.

robbo333

« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2019, 05:26:54 pm »
So these customers that you would like us to meet, do they all live in the same care home, institution or facility that you clean?

Sounds amazing!

I can't even get my customers to unlock a side gate, let alone have any reasonable knowledge of RO or DI systems, with eyesight good enough to tell the difference in the quality between the two systems.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2019, 05:28:21 pm »
Pringle anyone?

Yes please.  Just leave it next to my tds metre for me.

Splash & dash

« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2019, 05:37:18 pm »
But you are not talking about microscopic particles- even in terms of visibility to the human eye. You are claiming a superior finish in terms of enhanced "shine". How does that come about?

I don’t know I cannot explaine it , I have several friends some of whome are Di only and some are ro and Di the Di only guys arnt doing a bad job but they cannot get the same results that we get ,that’s not boasting it’s just a fact , we did just one house in a road to start with then gradually we ended up doing 15 as the people could see a big difference between what there cleaner was doing compared to us , the glass was dull no shine on it the white frames are also dull , this is especially the case on a sunny day when the sun shines on the glass evan the other cleaners openly admit they cannot get theses results , I think if you are used to using Di only you don’t realise the difference that can be achieved with ro , and before ones get up in arms Ime not slagging off ones who use Di , it’s the same as a car you drive a golf and think it’s fast as you haven’t driven anything else , then drive a Ferrari and all of a sudden you realise the go,f isn’t as fast as you thought it was , same applies to Di-ro , again Ime not belittling Di guys , when I started years ago Mark Robbins from winteck said tome if you want the rolls Royce for cleaning windows get ro ,Di is ok but ro will give better results . Ionic systems is also another company I spoke to before I got my systems again they said exactly the same thing , most firms will say Di is ok but ro is a better system.

deeege

« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2019, 05:50:48 pm »

I don’t know I cannot explaine it , I have several friends some of whome are Di only and some are ro and Di the Di only guys arnt doing a bad job but they cannot get the same results that we get ,that’s not boasting it’s just a fact , we did just one house in a road to start with then gradually we ended up doing 15 as the people could see a big difference between what there cleaner was doing compared to us , the glass was dull no shine on it the white frames are also dull , this is especially the case on a sunny day when the sun shines on the glass evan the other cleaners openly admit they cannot get theses results , I think if you are used to using Di only you don’t realise the difference that can be achieved with ro , and before ones get up in arms Ime not slagging off ones who use Di , it’s the same as a car you drive a golf and think it’s fast as you haven’t driven anything else , then drive a Ferrari and all of a sudden you realise the go,f isn’t as fast as you thought it was , same applies to Di-ro , again Ime not belittling Di guys , when I started years ago Mark Robbins from winteck said tome if you want the rolls Royce for cleaning windows get ro ,Di is ok but ro will give better results . Ionic systems is also another company I spoke to before I got my systems again they said exactly the same thing , most firms will say Di is ok but ro is a better system.

If ionics tell you having an RO is better then it must be true 😂

Nothing to do with the fact they are rip off merchants and want to sell you a £8k system (RO) rather than a £5k system (DI).
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

AuRavelling79

« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2019, 05:56:47 pm »
I think if you aren't using zero parts per billion or that magic "Vision" stuff you put in the water to make the windows shine more brightly then you aren't a real shiner.

Also every fool knows that pure water will rust your van out in three years and make holes in your clothing.

It's a game of three halves!

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2019, 06:05:58 pm »

I have used both and it makes no difference whatsoever. It is with regret that the only conclusion for me is that the whole "shine" thing is in your head and it's more probable the case that some of your local DI only competitors are not changing their resin when they should or generally doing a poor job to begin with- or both. If they really do concede that they cannot achieve the great "shiny (ness?)" that you do then I'm afraid that they are as deluded as you are! There is absolutely zero scientific, or even plausible reason to substantiate your claim and thus it can have no credibility whatsoever- the fact that this phenomenon   remains "unexplainable" is not a surprise at all.
This is probably, the only really "polite" way to convey the reality of this situation.
Comfortably Numb!

Bungle

« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2019, 06:28:49 pm »
Taken from a very well known supplier's website...

An increasingly popular method of cleaning windows is the so-called “water fed pole” system. Instead of washing the windows with detergent in the conventional way, they are scrubbed with highly purified water, typically containing less than 10 ppm dissolved solids, using a brush on the end of a long pole which is wielded from ground level. Reverse osmosis is commonly used to purify the water.

And there was me thinking PPB was the way forward  ::)roll
We look at them, they look through them.