jonny thompson

Two things
« on: December 19, 2018, 04:05:08 pm »
First, which is the best Gardner’s  brush for rinsing on the glass
Second, who could tell me why at the end of the day when my tank is running low , two things happen, the pump turns itself on even when I’m not working and when I am working I have to really turn the flow on full to get any water out of the pole

Don Kee

Re: Two things
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2018, 04:33:11 pm »
Second, who could tell me why at the end of the day when my tank is running low , two things happen, the pump turns itself on even when I’m not working and when I am working I have to really turn the flow on full to get any water out of the pole

Air lock, the pump has drawn air whilst you’ve been driving around as the water in your tank hasn’t covered the tank outlet.

Disconnecting the hose going into your hose reel for a minute or so with the pump on should sort it. Drop the hose down lower than the pump (out the back of the van!!) when you do this should help syphon the air/water out as well.
Turn the pump up a bit if your pump is struggling to get rid of it.

First, which is the best Gardner’s  brush for rinsing on the glass

Be prepared for a million different opinions including (but no exclusive to) using a hot water system and heated seats.

alank

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2018, 04:45:22 pm »
Extreme medium 35cm 4x100degree fan jets for me but everyone is different.
Sounds like pump is sucking air so when tank is low keep an eye on the level of water above outlet especially if parking facing up or down hill or half on herbs etc ;D

Plankton

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2018, 05:42:06 pm »
Air locks are a pita, what height are your pumps at.

P @ F

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2018, 06:10:40 pm »
I have a tap fitted right after the tank outlet , if im running low on water and have to move the van I turn the pump off and isolate the tank with the tap , once at next job I open tap and switch pump back on , no air can get in while you move that way   
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2018, 06:13:31 pm »
buy a bigger tank....
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2018, 06:15:25 pm »
best brushes for rinsing on the glass are ALL brushes apart from flocked bristle ones whether their from gardiners or anywhere else.......

P @ F

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2018, 06:22:48 pm »
buy a bigger tank....
Or do as I and go part time using less water  ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Bungle

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2018, 06:57:48 pm »
Hi Jonny, what size tank have you got?
We look at them, they look through them.

nathankaye

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2018, 07:05:35 pm »
Do you often drain your tank when working?  What size tank is it and have you considered a larger tank which will help and you also dont need to worry if you have enough water.

Brushes, thats  a personal choice as you will get varied responses. For instance I dont like any of gardiners brushes and i use streamline 14inch dual trimmed which i also rinse on the glass.  The bristles dont splay as easy but for me thats idea as its the tip of the brushes which do the work. But its not too dense which would prevent you from rinsing on the glass.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

jonny thompson

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2018, 07:43:30 pm »
Tank is 750l and the pumps are 3/4s down

dazmond

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2018, 07:49:09 pm »

you shouldnt be draining a 750L tank unless theres 2 of you or you work extremely long days on your own.....

Bungle

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2018, 08:47:45 pm »

You'll be close to your payload if you fill your tank. I know that you're about 15 stone without your gear 😜
We look at them, they look through them.

Spotfree

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2018, 08:56:24 pm »

you shouldnt be draining a 750L tank unless theres 2 of you or you work extremely long days on your own.....

Or your properly over doing it!

Spotfree

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2018, 08:58:21 pm »

You want the pump at the bottom, or as close to as you can. You will have atmospheric pressure working for you, not against you.

Plankton

« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2018, 09:00:07 pm »
Do you often drain your tank when working?  What size tank is it and have you considered a larger tank which will help and you also dont need to worry if you have enough water.

Brushes, thats  a personal choice as you will get varied responses. For instance I dont like any of gardiners brushes and i use streamline 14inch dual trimmed which i also rinse on the glass.  The bristles dont splay as easy but for me thats idea as its the tip of the brushes which do the work. But its not too dense which would prevent you from rinsing on the glass.
That's blasphemy ::)roll Any medium bristle brush should clean and rinse well on the glass. Stiff bristle Extremes won't clean as well with colder water which is why I'd opt for the medium. Found the Extremes leave sht behind although customers wouldn't have noticed just me!

nathankaye

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2018, 09:17:11 pm »

That's blasphemy ::)roll Any medium bristle brush should clean and rinse well on the glass. Stiff bristle Extremes won't clean as well with colder water which is why I'd opt for the medium. Found the Extremes leave sht behind although customers wouldn't have noticed just me!

Blasphemy because i dont use gardiner brushes 😂😂😲
Only saying if a dual trim brush is very dense, water wont run through it easily and therefore canntrap dirt easily within the bristles and thus not give an effective rinse and clean.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

windowswashed

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2018, 11:21:41 pm »
If I'm running low on water and my last few jobs are on the flat I park one wheel up on the kerb to tilt the tank at the outlet or drive up on two caravan wedge shape ramps I keep in the back of my van-problem sorted  ;D

NWH

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2018, 02:50:56 pm »

This also happens with cold water this is why I harp on about hot,they always more or less look clean from the ground until you look up close into corners especially.
Brush strokes through dirt are a dead giveaway there a cold cleaner 😂

jonny thompson

« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2018, 04:13:46 pm »
I just cannot get my head around rinsing on the glass as I’m sure the brush marks above the water outlets must dry dirty, do those who rinse on do it on upstairs windows or both,I can see the advantage on upstairs ones but isn’t it to risky on downstairs ones that are looking through more and easier to rinse