rl

where to put my DI vessel
« on: July 20, 2009, 08:33:58 pm »
Hi, I'm trying to work out how i'll be setting my system up (when I get to ordering the bits). I'm just going for a DI system (as have tds reading of 57).

I had thought I would fill my tank with tap water then have my pump and then my DI vessel and onto my pole. But have just been to a website who say to have the DI vessel before the tank ie,
Tap - DI vessel - Tank - Pump - pole.

Is this correct, recommended or not?

Cheers

BORBRYCE

Re: where to put my DI vessel
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 08:40:29 pm »
Both ways have pro and cons. I reacently changed mine to tap, di, tank, pump and hose/pole. Have ran it the other way for 18 months with no problems although it does put a bit of pressure on the pump as it pushes it through the di vessel.

rl

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 08:48:46 pm »
cheers, the site i saw that said put the di before the tank said that if your TDS reading starts to go up you should turn down the tap pressure and it will bring your TDS back to 000 any idea if this is true.

Also i assume the TDS isn't affected from the water being in the tank and not being filtered immediately before it goes on the glass?

ducky

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2009, 08:51:12 pm »
i let the tap do the work less strain on the pump. i have done it ythis way for years. you should fill up slow from the house tap that way u wont lose to much resin and keep the tds down
if it cleans we will clean it

JSMC

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2009, 09:35:25 pm »
i use di system and fill from outside tap onto DI vessel and then feed into van tank.

this way i have tank of pure water and less connections in my van lowering chances of leaks and air locks.

i then carry my vessell with me and hos ereel and if i need to fill up when out i can do so easily.

do it this way as it is the best and easiest.

K I S S = keep it simple stupid

rl

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2009, 09:57:19 pm »
cheers for the replies, will be doing it how you all say is best. You're the experts!