colley614

Re: Which canvassing companies?
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2009, 11:17:50 pm »
That sounds fair enough to me mate. I'll be in touch within the next few weeks mate. Do you have a website?

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2009, 12:22:51 am »

What has happened with door knockers? Paul base. Are they still about?

Steve CM

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2009, 08:52:02 am »
www.gdrb.co.uk

I usually book up  a week or so in advance so try to give me as much notice as you can

first rule here people is he doesn't have a landline or address on his website ::) ???

who would you give out a bundle of cash to someone they don't know or can get hold of?

So many people have been led down the garden path with canvassing companys i think it would be wise to at least know who your dealing with before handing over any money!!

« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2009, 09:03:59 am »
I have been down the road of people building business for me,paul bass and his team were one of them,another from kent...dont waste your money is my honest answer.
Ok there will be some who get a good deal from them,but i have a list here in front of me of people who used various canvassing companies and have been,well in effect ripped off.
I do not know anything about GDroundbuilder,but as previously stated why no landline,why no business address details.This is how to attract negative comments,no matter that you seem to have done a good job for those few on here that praise your efforts,it is very worrying that people would use the services of anybody that cannot/will not divulge contact details.
So come on GDroundbuilders,you say you have worked hard at building good customers relations,well how about going the whole hogg and giving out contact details (preferably on your website),that way you have satisfied new potential customers and sceptics like myself who have felt the wrong side of the canvassing business.

wezzy32

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2009, 02:54:14 pm »
life is about risk.
i used gdroundbuilders after they was recomended on this site.
  iv used them once and  the results have being good so iv booked them again for a day in december.surley best to go for people being recomened than to just pik a number out off the phone book.
keep on smiling

« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2009, 02:58:22 pm »
 I remember once working with a canvassing company. The canvassers got some work for a window cleaner, but the window cleaner never paid them.     So the canvassers went round to some of the customers and explained that they had been cheated, by the window cleaner. And could they not let the window cleaner clean their windows.  ( I think asking to much, but they tried it).
Anyway. They asked me to clean the houses they got back.

I cleaned three of them. The first one said I cheated him, because he as a window cleaner already ???.
The second one refused to pay me. :o  Saying I was cheating business out of their window cleaner.
The third one, after talking to the customer about how the canvasser had been cheated by the window cleaner not paying. (which the canvasser already should of explained).  Then asking the canvasser to call the customer again to explain again. Which he did not.
Any way, to cut a long storey short, It turns out in the end, that the canvasser had given me the wrong address to start off with. The house had not even been canvassed by them. It was done by a different window cleaner all together.  Making me feel like a right tosspot.

I still cannot believe they tried to de-canvass a round. Their maybe bad canvassing companies out their. But their are some bad window cleaners out there too.

« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2009, 09:18:31 pm »
George,I think you will find that when selling goods or services online you fall under the distance selling regulations which state that you must provide on your website of your name and address,goods and/or services provided along with a host of other details.
So you can see that webistes that give full details provide a much safer experiance for the consumer,whether selling goods or services is not the point,it is if after the job has been done the consumer can get directly in touch is the important issue.
I have dealt,as previously stated with a couple of canvassing companies that appeared to do the job well...but unfortunatly this was not the case,causing misery for me and a lot of sceptisim as well.
Good luck with your business,i truely mean that,but the more open you are with your details the more you will be trusted by prospective customers,after all if you are running a professional business then what is the problem with providing professional details?

Steve CM

« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2009, 09:41:54 pm »
But surely the fact that I have been doing this for months means its very unlikely that I am going to suddenly turn into a rip off merchant???

the best con artist will always gain the trust of the victim until they can take what they want ;)

why not just put your address and a landline on your website then it will show you are more trustworthy than your sounding right now ::)

Window Washers

« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2009, 10:06:53 pm »
Oh and I have one guy that works for me so we hit anywhere between £125 and £175 in a day, its all guaranteed so there is no risk to you
do you cover Cambridgeshire ? if you do I will give you a stab at the pie as a trial

Ian
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2009, 10:08:26 pm »
George i can understand what you are saying,but there are many wc's out there who are threatened by other wc's and it is all blab mate.
You have kind of moved the goal posts now to make others feel sorry for your predicament,but the point being raised is that it is a legal requirement to give full details...would you buy goods or services from an online company that never gave proper contact details?
Anyway as said before,i do wish you every success.

Steve CM

« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2009, 10:45:13 pm »
I dont want or need my home address online, its that simple...

I have been threatened with violence a few times in this game from rival window cleaners and I am certainly not going to bring it to my front door...

For the people that dont like it I am sorry but its not going to change, all my customers are my references.....

Dean Taberner will stand up for me and he is a part time police man, surely that must make the real people realise I am not a con man!!!

thats a load of nonsense ::) i have had bad experiences with customers but they still know where i trade from

I know a guy that had a bad experience with you from my neck of the woods so some wool pulling sounds like its going on here ::)

how can people be expected to hand over cash to a company they know naff all about! It stinks frankly!!! >:(

Steve CM

« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2009, 10:50:11 pm »
sorry i don't give out my address :-* ;D

Steve CM

« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2009, 10:54:09 pm »
i don't know your in's and out's i can only gage by whats been said.

The problem is so many people on this and other forums have had issues with canvassing companys and have been ripped off somewhere along the line

If your straight then you have nothing to hide by being straight and running your business like any other!

Steve CM

« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2009, 10:58:18 pm »
after all that you hide behind a PO box!!!!!

yes mate totally

http://www.clearmagic.co.uk/contact.html

you maybe want to get your eyes tested ;)

Steve CM

« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2009, 10:59:48 pm »
because its a central address for all my payments to go to. I had a problem with my post being diverted a few years ago

this makes sure that never happens in case i ever move

Steve CM

« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2009, 11:02:36 pm »
i've just clicked that and it seems to be the wrong page on that link. thats the payment page

so now your attempts at quizzing me have failed does that mean your gonna be upfront with your business now and stop hiding behind a cloud of smoke

Steve CM

« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2009, 11:05:08 pm »
I dont hide behind anything, I have already said I will give my address to any of my customers.....

Your a joker!! ::)

BUYER BEWARE THEN!!!!!!!!!

Steve CM

« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2009, 11:12:42 pm »
I am happy and comfortable with my position, I am glad you find me funny lol

Its buyer beware in any walk of life but my references with your peers would stand head and shoulders above anyone elses.....

i think all so called canvassing company's should be banned from these forums as so many have lost money it makes my blood boil!

its your business and i guess a fool and his money are easily parted ::)

Steve CM

« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2009, 11:14:42 pm »
no thanks i employ my own

Steve CM

« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2009, 11:31:28 pm »
So why the massive opinion on something that is not relevant to you??

been there, done it bought the T-Shirt

I've spent about 12 grand with canvassing company's in the past. I kind of accepted the way it worked. Until i got my own and realized what a load of poop it really was.

My main reason for voicing my concerns is a lot of guys have been ripped off from knocking company's and for a company not list addresses and telephone numbers when cash transactions take place is plain wrong.

I know a guy that lost nearly 3 grand.

i very nearly lost a good 1500 but i was wise to it and never handed over the cash until i got to the bottom of it. my instinct was correct