HIGH LEVEL WINDOW CLEANERS (scrimmy)

Re: Guild Pre-registration for 2010 is now open!
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2009, 12:38:25 pm »
thats terrible!!!
"poxy club"

Lame, maybe

But, poxy?

thats out of order  :D :D ;D

lame is nearly accurate actually.....let me ellaborate.

lame COULD mean that you cant walk or run or are having difficulty in finding your feet.....the guild are not yet in the position of the fed, and in that sense they could be called lame in comparison, however the fed had to start somewhere and i guess they could have been called a lame or poxy club at the outset and that also would be true....but now look at the fed, wouldnt call them lame or poxy would you.....and so it will be with the guild, give it a bit more time and it will be running, nay sprinting past the fed in terms of numbers....it might take a while yes, but it will at sometime in the future be bigger than the fed. (i hear the laffs :D) but he who laughs last laughs longest.....hee hee hee hee hee hee etc.

watch this space in a few years, well not this space the guild space, erm the guild website. www.mgwc.org

hey this sales and marketing thing is a piece of cake :)

macmac

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2009, 12:50:27 pm »
thats terrible!!!
"poxy club"

Lame, maybe

But, poxy?

lame COULD mean that you cant walk or run or are having difficulty in finding your feet.....the guild are not yet in the position of the fed, and in that sense they could be called lame in comparison, however the fed had to start somewhere and i guess they could have been called a lame or poxy club at the outset and that also would be true....but now look at the fed, wouldnt call them lame or poxy would you.....and so it will be with the guild, give it a bit more time and it will be running, nay sprinting past the fed in terms of numbers....it might take a while yes, but it will at sometime in the future be bigger than the fed. (i hear the laffs :D) but he who laughs last laughs longest.....hee hee hee hee hee hee etc.

watch this space in a few years, well not this space the guild space, erm the guild website. www.mgwc.org

Very much a possibility.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2009, 01:11:49 pm »
You could lie about your age, I told them my sex was 'unknown' in the original form I completed and no-one questioned that   ;D

What you do in your own time is nothing to do with the Guild. ;)

People dont go to the guild website to find a window cleaner do they?

No course they dont, thats ridiculous.

Some members find their Guild listing actually ranks higher in Google that their own website. Your site is well optimised Matt, so this isn't the case for you,.. but I just Googled "Matthew Bateman window cleaning" and your Guild listing was on page 1 of Google! :)
The Guild website gets a lot of traffic,.. some percentage of that has to be potential customers looking for a cleaner. :)

why do the founding members have that attitude, 'Oh, we might let you in if we like you'?

Honestly,.. we're just messing/having a laugh, no offence was ever intended.
The Guild is open to all window cleaners who meet the minimum requirements (A license if you're in Scotland and Public liability insurance for every country where its available) and who agree to the code of conduct. Only a serious complaint/breach of the code of conduct etc etc would make us turn down an application for membership.

« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2009, 01:18:26 pm »
Ok Nat, in all honesty it seemed an odd thing to be said 2 years on the trot, I get easily paranoid you know  ;D

I just googled Matthew Bateman Window Cleaner Im nearly famous  ;)

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2009, 01:22:20 pm »
I just googled myself,.. my facebook page beats my websites in the rankings!! How did that happen!!  :o ::)

« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2009, 01:22:56 pm »
Facebooks page rank. Facebook has a PR of 9.

Dont forget to log out of google prior to doing a search also.

Here I just googled you and avondhu came up first.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2009, 01:30:21 pm »
Right,.. I'm off to sort through the applications that came in this morning,...

A few ppl filled in the 2009 form, which will give you membership immediately but you'll need to renew in 2 months! I'll e-mail you guys with the link to the 2010 page and give you the option of pre-registering instead, save paying twice!

geefree

« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2009, 02:07:11 pm »
I'm going to join. I think Nath' & the others have done a very good thing here- & all for nothing!!

It's worth more than the joining fee just for the stickers & logos for letter heads/quotes & advertising.

Well done the Guild & keep up the good work. ;)

i recieved a sticker but nothing else  ???

« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2009, 02:16:27 pm »
I have just joined again  ;D

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2009, 02:18:22 pm »

i recieved a sticker but nothing else  ???

The 2010 member pack has been vastly improved. You now get 3 decals, a fancy member cert, a CD with all the logo's & stationary pack on, and even a welcome letter with my autograph (soon to be very valuable I'm sure!).
 ;D

JSMC

« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2009, 02:42:58 pm »
right how much and what does it do for you?

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2009, 03:00:53 pm »
We were going to, but Scrimmy is on a diet! ;)

« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2009, 03:17:59 pm »
i can still send in the empty wrappers if thats any help guys ;D

Milltown Cleaning

« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2009, 03:25:40 pm »
ok sell it to me......

what is the advantage to me of joining!?!

« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2009, 03:28:02 pm »
matt, since you own oakley window cleaning i thought you might be interested in these.

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.surffusion.co.uk/images/p/l/1/4911/Oakley-Sunglasses-Oakley-Rokr-Pro-Bluetooth-Sunglasses-Polished-Black.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.surffusion.co.uk/p/4911//Oakley-Sunglasses-Oakley-Rokr-Pro-Bluetooth-Sunglasses-Polished-Black.htm&usg=__Q6H5P6FJ01gwC0rP8DW9E6kY4-o=&h=310&w=310&sz=11&hl=en&start=2&um=1&tbnid=EBwRw-zAUn2-YM:&tbnh=117&tbnw=117&prev=/images%3Fq%3Doakley%2Bbluetooth%2Bsunglasses%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26um%3D1

i am buying a pair.

they are just wot i need for work, a radio and a bluetooth reciever all in a neat pair of sunnies 8)

They sent me a pair for free, so long as I could reassure Oakley Glasses that I would post a flyer for their products through all of my custys doors when I cleaned ttheir windows for a period of 6 months.

;D

« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2009, 03:30:09 pm »
thats terrible!!!
"poxy club"

Lame, maybe

But, poxy?

can we pretend you are like a horse and do what they do when a horse is lame. ;D

« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2009, 03:34:42 pm »
matt, since you own oakley window cleaning i thought you might be interested in these.

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.surffusion.co.uk/images/p/l/1/4911/Oakley-Sunglasses-Oakley-Rokr-Pro-Bluetooth-Sunglasses-Polished-Black.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.surffusion.co.uk/p/4911//Oakley-Sunglasses-Oakley-Rokr-Pro-Bluetooth-Sunglasses-Polished-Black.htm&usg=__Q6H5P6FJ01gwC0rP8DW9E6kY4-o=&h=310&w=310&sz=11&hl=en&start=2&um=1&tbnid=EBwRw-zAUn2-YM:&tbnh=117&tbnw=117&prev=/images%3Fq%3Doakley%2Bbluetooth%2Bsunglasses%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26um%3D1

i am buying a pair.

they are just wot i need for work, a radio and a bluetooth reciever all in a neat pair of sunnies 8)

They sent me a pair for free, so long as I could reassure Oakley Glasses that I would post a flyer for their products through all of my custys doors when I cleaned ttheir windows for a period of 6 months.

;D

are they any good?...what is the advantages of buying a pair?.....any benefit to me?

wait a minute, this sounds familiar 8)

;D

« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2009, 03:36:24 pm »
thats terrible!!!
"poxy club"

Lame, maybe

But, poxy?

can we pretend you are like a horse and do what they do when a horse is lame. ;D

sure thing Niall....come on over with your water pistol. and we will get a wee game of cowboys and indians ;D

« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2009, 03:40:37 pm »
Niall ??? ???
Never heard of him, bet he's a great chap.

Boo