groundhog

Re: Gutters with mesh over them!!
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2008, 10:49:07 pm »
Who you calling a poser? you poser!!!  ;D

« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2008, 10:49:54 pm »
Who you calling a poser? you poser!!!  ;D
loooooooooooooool least I smiled at the glass  ;)

groundhog

« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2008, 10:57:01 pm »
I thought you was grimacing!!  ;) Good vid though mate, when you gonna do some more??

jeff1

« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2008, 11:11:37 pm »
But how do you get that sloppy silt-like red tile gunge out?
I use my pressure washer and Lance, Like I said in my original post, the hook was the remove any weeds growing out of the guttering.

jeff1

« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2008, 11:13:17 pm »
sorry guys,

but i really don't understand why you need fancy equipment to get sh!t out of gutters? are people so paranoid or scared of ladders. how can you know a gutter is clean without looking inside it? ladders can be made to be safe with all the stability and safety products, ladders are an integral part of a window cleaners kit (wfp or trad). i of course understand that certain jobs are too dodgy for ladders but allowances should be made to hire access equipment.. sorry but i still don't understand how you can clear a gutter without looking innit

cheers

shaun
I know mine are clean because I use CCTV on the end of my pole.

groundhog

« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2008, 11:16:40 pm »
Did you stick a camera on the end of your harris pole Jeff??  :o

jeff1

« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2008, 11:19:21 pm »
The picture with my hook in the workshop guttering was taken with my cctv cam that I stuck on the end of my Xtel, but its just as easy to stick it on the Harris pole.
The rest of my pics were taken with a digital camera.

« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2008, 11:25:19 pm »
I thought you was grimacing!!  ;) Good vid though mate, when you gonna do some more??
I have another on cam now I done today, I am going to do a whole lot more all the ones I am doing for the next moth are tests to get better at filming (I am not a film director) I may go and get a new camcorder (do they still call them that :-\ ) next moth as I have a few things up my sleeve for it.

Ian

*Mr Tumble

« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2008, 07:48:21 am »
The picture with my hook in the workshop guttering was taken with my cctv cam that I stuck on the end of my Xtel, but its just as easy to stick it on the Harris pole.
So was this one taken with a cctv camera?  Damned good pic for that.  This is a still from a movie is it?

jonah

« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2008, 07:59:06 am »
If you can be bothered , could you mail me with details of how you have your set up please ?   ;D

groundhog

« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2008, 08:34:17 am »

Did you just stick it on using tape? I'm going to try it today, don't tell the wife though, its her digital camera, and I'm not sure she'd appreciate it being dangled over a gutter at 30ft!!!!  ;D

jeff1

« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2008, 11:51:26 am »
Sorry for the delay Guy's
The picture in the guttering is taken from a still with the cctv, its a wireless cctv available from Maplins for around £100, there excellent for close up shots (ideal in my case) but bloody rubbish for a security camera, they have ccd (close coupled device for the techno's) chips in them crisp clear images.

When I use it, I just cable tie the camera to my pole and Tape a pp3 battery just below it for power, There rated at 8v but all electronics have a small tollerance so 9v is no big deal.

Down below we have a small portable TV screen and the boss usually sits in the car shouting out if she see's any obstructions, when custy's are around this isn't the ideal situation, so I borrowed my grandsons portable tv and video recorder to try out and the results are brilliant for what we need, I have offered my grandson £100 for his little set up and so far the little git won't part with it :'( :'(

A couple of pics of the cctv up on my pole.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2008, 03:15:26 pm »
Do you just load it onto photobucket to put the link on here as we do with stills ?

*Mr Tumble

« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2008, 05:28:21 pm »
The picture in the guttering is taken from a still with the cctv, its a wireless cctv available from Maplins for around £100, there excellent for close up shots (ideal in my case) but bloody rubbish for a security camera, they have ccd (close coupled device for the techno's) chips in them crisp clear images.

When I use it, I just cable tie the camera to my pole and Tape a pp3 battery just below it for power, There rated at 8v but all electronics have a small tollerance so 9v is no big deal.

Down below we have a small portable TV screen and the boss usually sits in the car shouting out if she see's any obstructions, when custy's are around this isn't the ideal situation, so I borrowed my grandsons portable tv and video recorder to try out and the results are brilliant for what we need, I have offered my grandson £100 for his little set up and so far the little git won't part with it :'( :'(

So you don't take still's as such, you take a film and grab images from that, yes?

Have you a link to the Maplins item?

jeff1

« Reply #54 on: May 31, 2008, 08:43:09 pm »

So you don't take still's as such, you take a film and grab images from that, yes?

Have you a link to the Maplins item?
I only use the cctv for guttering work and at the moment its just for my own benefit and not the customers, well I suppose in a way it is for the custy's benefit as I can check out the guttering properly.
My grandsons DVD Recorder with TV was a present from his other grandmother, when she visited the states.
This means Yes, I do take stills but on this occasion I took stills from the dvd.

I bought the CCTV system from my local maplins, but I'll check out there site for a link

jeff1

« Reply #55 on: May 31, 2008, 09:00:03 pm »
OK Found a link at Maplins, Looks like I had a bargain? I had 2 camera's with my kit.

www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=43937&criteria=L13AZ&doy=31m5

With this system there is the camera (Transmitter) and the receiver, now these will have a power supply that plugs into the mains at home, this is no good for our use, so you will have to make up your own leads, this is very easy, a plug that fits into the camera supply cable and on the other end a pp3 battery clip, make sure you get the positive and negative wire the right way, Plugs will have to be soldered, so it doesn't interfere with the signal.

You will also have to do the same for the receiver, plug and pp3 battery clip.

All you need then is a portable TV, I bought a little 7'' one from Tesco's Around £69.99 0r £79.99 (can't remember the correct price, sorry) and if you go the full hog, you can get a little portable DVD recorder, I'm still trying to source one at a reasonable price.

On a sunny day you will have to face away from the sun, as this blurs the picture, so just face the other way and it will work fine.

groundhog

« Reply #56 on: May 31, 2008, 11:07:22 pm »
I cleaned all of the low level guttering using a ladder today, really easy apart from the 25mtr stretch which has the mesh on it!! What a waste of time that stuff is, they were still quite full of crap despite the mesh, and it was a real pain getting under it to clean them, I'm just glad that the rest of the building does not have the mesh on the gutters!! I surveyed the high level 3rd storey gutters, with my high tech camera on a stick!!! And to my surprise they are not too bad at all, looks like I could have an easy day with the hired guttervac on wednesday, I also got chatting to a couple of the neighboors, and they want their gutters cleaned as well!!! I think wednesday is going to be my highest earning day ever!!!!!!!! ;D yipee!!

jeff1

« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2008, 11:19:19 pm »
I cleaned all of the low level guttering using a ladder today, really easy apart from the 25mtr stretch which has the mesh on it!! What a waste of time that stuff is, they were still quite full of crap despite the mesh, and it was a real pain getting under it to clean them, I'm just glad that the rest of the building does not have the mesh on the gutters!! I surveyed the high level 3rd storey gutters, with my high tech camera on a stick!!! And to my surprise they are not too bad at all, looks like I could have an easy day with the hired guttervac on wednesday, I also got chatting to a couple of the neighboors, and they want their gutters cleaned as well!!! I think wednesday is going to be my highest earning day ever!!!!!!!! ;D yipee!!
Its a great feeling walking along and looking into the guttering from the ground, it goes to show that we don't need to spend thousands of pounds to see whats up there.
Been out in the workshop today building my Mk2 version of my gutter cleaner, this one is spring loaded and adjustable.
Its like a giant pair of tongs operated by piano wire from the ground  ;D when Its finished I'll stick some piccy's up after I've tested it.

groundhog

« Reply #58 on: May 31, 2008, 11:32:46 pm »
Sounds like another great idea Jeff!!! I am tempted to use a similar tool to clean out the high gutters on this job, especially after seeing from my survey that there isn't that much crap in them!! But I put it in my method statement that I would be using a guttervac for the high level stuff, and the residents actually seem quite excited about it!! So I had better not dissapoint them, I'm making a lot of money from this job, so I suppose £70 to hire the vac out won't hurt!!!

jeff1

« Reply #59 on: May 31, 2008, 11:45:26 pm »
The vac will make you look pro, but on your next Job go for a hook and save £70  ;D ;D