Re: Gutters with mesh over them!!
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2008, 09:49:51 pm »
groundhog

you can hire mine if you want

jerry    (watford)

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2008, 09:50:15 pm »
sorry guys,

but i really don't understand why you need fancy equipment to get sh!t out of gutters? are people so paranoid or scared of ladders. how can you know a gutter is clean without looking inside it? ladders can be made to be safe with all the stability and safety products, ladders are an integral part of a window cleaners kit (wfp or trad). i of course understand that certain jobs are too dodgy for ladders but allowances should be made to hire access equipment.. sorry but i still don't understand how you can clear a gutter without looking innit

cheers

shaun

*Mr Tumble

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2008, 09:56:35 pm »
Couldn't agree more.

groundhog

« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2008, 09:58:21 pm »
No like this!!

*Mr Tumble

« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2008, 10:01:08 pm »
No problem.  Is there mesh under that?

Anyway, it's always good to have proof that you have done the job..., as Shaun says...

groundhog

« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2008, 10:02:53 pm »
sorry guys,

but i really don't understand why you need fancy equipment to get sh!t out of gutters? are people so paranoid or scared of ladders.

cheers

shaun

I'll let you get up there and clean them out then Shaun!!!

groundhog

« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2008, 10:10:00 pm »
How much Jerry? And how high does yours reach? Is it a 240 volts version or do you use a generator? Oh and do you have the spike to loosen the debris?
And thanks for the offer mate!!!  :)

groundhog

« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2008, 10:11:42 pm »
And another view... Go on Shaun your brave, get up there mate!!!  ;D

« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2008, 10:15:16 pm »
no problem. as per my last post. make allowances to hire access equipment. personally a towable mewp stuck on the back of my landy....but my opinion is that you need to see you have cleared the gutters and not CHECK, CHECK again as its such an integral part of a buildings water shedding capabilities. obviously its a nice building and a comprehensive contract. just imagine if you caused more damage by hard packing crap into the downspouts without knowing and the resulting damage later in the winter rains. if you check you will see it. besides having a go at me for an opinion won't help your inability to check all details BEFORE quoting. sorry if thats brutal...truth often hurts. please don't bodge it to get it on budget, trust me, walk away with an apology is better than being in the paper for trashing peoples beautiful flats when the damp gets in from an overflowing guttering

cheers

shaun

groundhog

« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2008, 10:18:28 pm »
Ever heard of a gutter cam Shaun? Technologies an amazing thing you know!!  ;)

cherubs cleaning

« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2008, 10:20:42 pm »
groundhog

you pick up or del: ?

110 v 5 kva gen

48/55 feet

jerry

groundhog

« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2008, 10:22:29 pm »
I'd pick it up

cherubs cleaning

« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2008, 10:25:19 pm »
do you wat the cam as well ?

jerry

« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2008, 10:26:28 pm »
which raises my original question. why all the fancy kit to move sh!t. also what happens if you dislodge a gutter joint or a gutter joint which takes 30 seconds to click in, do you tell punter sorry but my gutter cam looks but can't touch, you'll have to get a plumber to fix it!! lets face it, modern plastic guttering, especially standard trade supplied crap (coz its cheap) busts its joints in the sunshine, i always pop em back in, so when i clear gutters they don't leak much either, if they do, extra brass to fix. please dont take personally

cheers

shaun

groundhog

« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2008, 10:31:51 pm »
do you wat the cam as well ?

jerry

Depends how much extra cost?

groundhog

« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2008, 10:38:02 pm »
which raises my original question. why all the fancy kit to move sh!t. also what happens if you dislodge a gutter joint or a gutter joint which takes 30 seconds to click in, do you tell punter sorry but my gutter cam looks but can't touch, you'll have to get a plumber to fix it!! lets face it, modern plastic guttering, especially standard trade supplied crap (coz its cheap) busts its joints in the sunshine, i always pop em back in, so when i clear gutters they don't leak much either, if they do, extra brass to fix. please dont take personally

cheers

shaun

Shaun I really don't know why you are so concerned! I promise I will take great care not to damage the guttering!! And if there are any leaks, then I will cross that bridge when I come to it!!  ;)

« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2008, 10:39:04 pm »

cheers

shaun
Agree with you a bit there Shaun, I use ladders to fix and or clean gutters, I would use a gutter vac if I wanted to go down this route in business, something for the time I dont, it is an add on to window cleaning and I am insured to do it.

gutter vacs I think are a great idea but people thinking that they will never need a ladder are mistaken or if they choose this route when something goes wrong they will have to pay for it to be fixed and that is not cheap, some will nevr have this problem and fair play to them it is safer

Ian

groundhog

« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2008, 10:43:02 pm »
So you would get up a ladder to clean the guuters in the photo I have posted then Ian? What the photo dosn't show is how uneven the ground is!! If I had told the management company that I was going up there on a ladder I can guarantee that I would not have got the contract!!

« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2008, 10:45:08 pm »
coz u asked an open forum for an opinion, i gave one, you sent a sarcy response, i responded, kinda fun and a way of promoting ideas and getting good advice, sometimes gems turn up outta blue in response to others opinions, sorry if you're tekin my comments wrong way.

cheers

shaun

« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2008, 10:47:31 pm »
So you would get up a ladder to clean the guuters in the photo I have posted then Ian? What the photo dosn't show is how uneven the ground is!! If I had told the management company that I was going up there on a ladder I can guarantee that I would not have got the contract!!
Not saying that at all m8.

Commercial gutter cleaning is different to domestic and I took it as that is what shaun was talking about, commercial is totally different on most, again I will say I think gutter vac is a good idea.

I aint knocking you I dont do that  (poser) just saying what I think  ;)