matt

Re: WHAT I LIKE MOST ABOUT THE SL-X
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2008, 10:25:28 pm »

Oh, nearly forgot, a wee bit more pleasing on the eye too. :-*

Tony

that'll be the :

The carbon weave looks like some amazing hologram, especially in the sun. And the lettering along the pole

dai

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2008, 10:33:19 pm »
I love my pole too, it's light and tough, no need to worry if it falls, makes those windows over cons a piece of cake.
£15.00 from B&Q annd gets my brush just where I want it to be. Dai

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2008, 11:08:42 pm »
I'm going to paint the base section on my SL-X pole yellow so it's distinctive as one of my previous carbon poles was driven over by a woman driver who mounted the pavement where my pole was laying. She totally refused to cough up for the damage as she crushed my pole into tiny splinters.

A couple days later I noticed Karma had paid her a visit as her brand new, top of the range, Mercedes had been vandalised with three very long, deep, key/knife scratches all down one entire side when she'd parked up locally. I'd like to thank the person who vandalised her car and shake their hand.

What goes around, comes around.

Kev R

« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2008, 11:13:11 pm »
I'm going to paint the base section on my SL-X pole yellow so it's distinctive as one of my previous carbon poles was driven over by a woman driver who mounted the pavement where my pole was laying. She totally refused to cough up for the damage as she crushed my pole into tiny splinters.

A couple days later I noticed Karma had paid her a visit as her brand new, top of the range, Mercedes had been vandalised with three very long, deep, key/knife scratches all down one entire side when she'd parked up locally. I'd like to thank the person who vandalised her car and shake their hand.

Naughty Wayne LOL  ;)

alanwilson

« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2008, 11:46:47 pm »
its ok wayne you don't need to thank me.
I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2008, 11:47:24 pm »

Naughty Wayne LOL  ;)

Kev R

It wasn't me. I'm not clever enough to think of any idiotic thoughts like that, lol.  Niice van set up by the way. Give me a ring when you dig out those pole controllers and we'll do a swap and cash to make the difference.

Kev R

« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2008, 08:37:56 am »
No worries Wayne, I will have a dig for them this weekend. I need a visit to Varitech in a couple of weeks so well meet up then If you like  ;)

macmac

« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2008, 08:30:07 pm »
Oh god, i've just realised i've got the very same pole as you, the same swivel (even the same colour), the same brush now (even ground it the same), lubricated the clamps the same - spooky or what?

However, i still have some hair and my pump works ok.  ;)

Great minds & all that ;D

As for the hair-   grass doesn't grow on busy roads!! ;) 

Have you tried the brush yet? what you think?

Tony

groundhog

« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2008, 11:00:58 pm »
I love my pole too, it's light and tough, no need to worry if it falls, makes those windows over cons a piece of cake.
£15.00 from B&Q annd gets my brush just where I want it to be. Dai

That sounds like my kind of pole Dai!!! Spending hundreds on a pole is madness if you ask me!!! ;)

« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2008, 11:10:06 pm »
[quote

Have you tried the brush yet? what you think?

Tony

About double the power of a Bentley, a bit hefty at full stretch but it's the right shape and the bristles are spot on - use it most of the time now, can even hear it scrubbing.  :)

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2008, 09:27:47 pm »
Very impressive pole.
I thought it wouldn't be very suitable for ground floor windows, how wrong I was.
I fitted a Tucker brush on a swivel to it and can reach the lowest of windows now providing I'm not working in a confined space.
As an arthritic sufferer I thought I may have problems using the clamps. I find the clamps easy to get on with. Not as quick and easy as the excel clamps but a very close comparison.
Pole has a nice small diameter base section so it's not a strain on the fingers when used constantly. The sections are nice and rigid and the balance of the pole collapsed or fully extended is ideal. It has a good feel about it when used.
I'm impressed with this pole, I will buy another one as a spare and will highly recommend them to other window cleaners.

« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2008, 10:21:58 pm »
I may get one, and I agree they probably rate as the best pole but;

Why are they better to use than my 17' excel ? i've broke two this year but i'm only popping £70 , even with the scale up slx price they'd be more expensive for a clumsy speed merchant like me. My kit gets hammered.

billy08

« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2008, 10:31:14 pm »
Because it it reaches 30ft and does groundloor windows,

and hopefully it lasts a lot longer

NWH

« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2008, 04:42:09 pm »
I may get one, and I agree they probably rate as the best pole but;

Why are they better to use than my 17' excel ? i've broke two this year but i'm only popping £70 , even with the scale up slx price they'd be more expensive for a clumsy speed merchant like me. My kit gets hammered.
I used the SLX alday today up and down and it was so much easier it`s unreal,i had it at full stretch this morning on window`s 30ft up without any problems.Discount trust  me when i say buy 1 you won`t regret it 1 bit,the job i did today i normally have to get the SL2 out but no need to with the new pole,most days all but 1 now on domestic the SLX reaches everything well worth the money.

« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2008, 05:17:48 pm »
Better than an electric reel for saving energy.  ;) Don't be such a tight wad - you need to invest in your business to reap the rewards. At your advanced age you should be considering all means possible of protecting your body. Then, save up for a couple more weeks and get the S2 as well, then you will have the perfect set up. Oh, you won't be breaking an SL-X either. When the customer sees you have the most advanded kit known to man, his jaw will drop and he'll just pass the notes over in amazement!
If i get the sun shining on the carbon weave i swear i can see Alex's face in it- like a hologram!

groundhog

« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2008, 08:04:00 pm »
Well thanks to my mate Dai, I can now afford to get 20 perfect poles from b&q for the price of your one!!! And I bet my 20 harris poles will outlast your overpriced mugs pole by many years!!!! ;D

NWH

« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2008, 08:09:45 pm »
Well thanks to my mate Dai, I can now afford to get 20 perfect poles from b&q for the price of your one!!! And I bet my 20 harris poles will outlast your overpriced mugs pole by many years!!!! ;D
I`ll bet your best car is a cortina lol,you get what you pay for and you`ll find that out for yourself.Why do you think there £15,so you can keep chucking them away. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

groundhog

« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2008, 08:15:30 pm »

I`ll bet your best car is a cortina lol,you get what you pay for and you`ll find that out for yourself.Why do you think there £15,so you can keep chucking them away. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I drive a Mini Cooper at the moment, which is a brilliant little car!! I know value for money when I see it, and the harris pole is exactly that!!! I started using it today, and I'll bet you I'm still using that same pole in 6 months time!!! I bet your rip off mugs pole won't be looking quite so flash by then!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

NWH

« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2008, 08:17:44 pm »
I`ll just buy another 1 when it dies. :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

groundhog

« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2008, 08:20:21 pm »
I`ll just buy another 1 when it dies. :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

The same as me but mine will only cost me £15!!!  ;D ;D ;D  :-*  ;)