NWH

Re: WHAT I LIKE MOST ABOUT THE SL-X
« Reply #180 on: May 22, 2008, 06:27:15 pm »
I went to B&Q yesterday to buy one of these Harris poles that a few on here are going on about,i picked it up and extended it and LOL oh and then i LOL again,what a load of toilet.If you think you can clean window`s with that then you must either be a wishfull thinker or stupid,i should have gone by my gut feeling and not bothered.I take it the guys that use don`t clean window`s over 8ft or so,i can see it now it would be like fighting a crocodile trying to work with that.

groundhog

« Reply #181 on: May 22, 2008, 07:07:34 pm »
I went to B&Q yesterday to buy one of these Harris poles that a few on here are going on about,i picked it up and extended it and LOL oh and then i LOL again,what a load of toilet.If you think you can clean window`s with that then you must either be a wishfull thinker or stupid,i should have gone by my gut feeling and not bothered.I take it the guys that use don`t clean window`s over 8ft or so,i can see it now it would be like fighting a crocodile trying to work with that.

I'm getting a bit fed up with this! Don't come on here and lie  >:( because to make the above statement you have clearly never seen or used a harris pole! I am going to try to get my son to make a short video of me using my harris pole and post it on youtube to put an end to this sort of garbage! The pole is great, I used it today fully extended to clean some windows above a conservatory, the pole was nearly horizontal, and managed the job brilliantly!

NWH

« Reply #182 on: May 22, 2008, 07:14:54 pm »
Never seen or used it,i went down there to buy 1 yesterday but didn`t bother as it`s just another painters pole end of story.Your saying it`s some sort of new technology,for christs sakes man it`s a Blo*** decorators pole get a grip of yourself.What`s new about it,please tell me and the rest of us,am i missing something here.What your doing is your putting a brush on the end of a painters pole.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #183 on: May 22, 2008, 07:22:23 pm »
I too am having fun with the Harris pole. 10 years ago there was only the evergreen Unger (which I managed to get to 42ft) or the Excel to compare with, one high price the other low. Similar to today so not much changes as regards to choice.  But the Harris is an ideal starter pole and I am trying to remain objective. I do have the choice of the highest/lightest pole in the world at 420g for the same 5m height or at 432g a diy  F16

Having actually used the Harris daily for a few weeks now I find  the Harris is a serious pole for begginers and pros.

I guess Lukes thread is a never ending story as we all have our own preferences and budget.  :)

ps the bentley is the pits.

macmac

« Reply #184 on: May 22, 2008, 07:48:15 pm »
Thanks Steve,
so approximately, SLx 1540g  5ft 7" but reaches higher.

Unger is   1302g    6ft 6"   5.5
        Harris is    1156g    6ft 2"  5m

So the £15 harris is considerably lighter than the £400+ SLx!!!  :o  ;D

Yes & half the length, numpty ::)

Pro's & conns, I, personally am a pro! ;)

Tony

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #185 on: May 22, 2008, 08:41:24 pm »
err not quite, only 2.54m and you could always stick a £19  3.5m extension to it and/or also fit it to the SL-X ?

« Reply #186 on: May 22, 2008, 08:53:06 pm »
JEFF
are excel and x tel different poles?

I'm a pro too and what I look for is speed and ease of use. My garage is full of poles I never use - the big unger with conex connections- a four section trad ali pulex- a twenty four foot tele fg universal.......

They remain unused because I don't like them.And this has mainly to so with weight and time issues.

Groundhog promotes the Harriss  because it's cheap and it does the job. Jeff agrees with him, but to me this is penny pinching.

« Reply #187 on: May 22, 2008, 09:27:52 pm »
Excels are horrible heavy bendy monsters extels are a big improvent - smaller diameter, shorter collapsed length but still bendy if fibreglass. I had a 19' excel and threw it in my garage in disgust used a 21' extel for several weeks as a main pole and found it ok with a light brush.

« Reply #188 on: May 22, 2008, 09:31:54 pm »
And is x tel different to ex tel?

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #189 on: May 22, 2008, 09:48:08 pm »
He He, I guess all the questioning guys have loads of unused bits.
No idea bout the difference -sorry. I did pick a couple up at a show but they were way to heavy.

But its a learning curve and we all get there in the end. Some of the newer guys can do shortcuts if they listen to some of the advice here and not have to spend big bucks when they start.

jouk45

« Reply #190 on: May 22, 2008, 11:29:31 pm »
i think you must have looked at the wrong pole, i have several profession poles, so have something to go by, one things for sure, it beats any x-tel glass fiber  pole, the one i have is very rigid with just a little bit of play, you have to be looking at the wrong pole, o and a painters pole, is no different from a wfp pole, they are all  telescopic, just different materials and clamps,

alanwilson

« Reply #191 on: May 22, 2008, 11:41:17 pm »
any chance of getting this thread deleted?

it started off with 'I love the slx so much blah blah blah want to have alexs babies blah blah blah'

now its really gone downhill 'my painters pole is the business, blah blah blah no its rubbish blah blah blah'

crap thread - just like the earnings threads.

no, it really is - I really don't mind the Alex G appreciation society but its gone too far, and as for slaggin off someone elses pole - whats that about?  Its them using it not you so whats your problem? 

I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!

jouk45

« Reply #192 on: May 22, 2008, 11:49:19 pm »
am sure it will be deleted alan, strange posting though, one min claims it to be rubbish, in the next post hes never seen or handled one  ;D am sure nwh is winding us all up,
NWH first post  (picked it up and extended it and LOL oh and then i LOL again,)
2nd post  (Never seen or used it,i went down there to buy 1 yesterday but didn`t bother as it`s just another painters pole)   its a big wind up  ;D

groundhog

« Reply #193 on: May 23, 2008, 12:01:41 am »

What your doing is your putting a brush on the end of a painters pole.

What I'm doing is putting a brush on the end of a pole, the same as you! the only difference is that yours cost over £400 and mine cost £15!!!
Why do you think that a decorators pole should be any different to a window cleaners pole? If anything they need to be more hardwearing! I will be posting my video on youtube tomorrow so that everyone can make up their own minds. ;)

Tom Mac

« Reply #194 on: May 23, 2008, 06:15:54 am »
Each to there own preference, as long as it cleans the windows and the customer is happy, what does it matter what the pole cost

jouk45

« Reply #195 on: May 23, 2008, 07:44:15 am »
Each to there own preference, as long as it cleans the windows and the customer is happy, what does it matter what the pole cost
well said armadillo

groundhog

« Reply #196 on: May 23, 2008, 08:41:01 am »

Quite a lot to your profits!!!  ;)

Ian_Giles

« Reply #197 on: May 23, 2008, 08:58:14 am »
This thread has truly run its course now.

Locked.
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES