WCE

Professional Window cleaner Magazine rival publication
« on: April 23, 2008, 12:20:53 pm »
What a joke this has become. Those who subscribed never got the issues they paid for and now they send it to me for free even though I never asked for it! I just popped home for lunch and saw it had arrived. The last issue contained a letter about no canvassing zones and the editor replied saying that there would be an article on it in the next issue and how you can promote your business in these areas. I was interested in finding out about it as we have such zones where I am but  Guess what not a sausage! What you do get is a 30 page advert for Ionic systems and their various offshoots and to be honest we've heard it all before. I understand they produce the magazine but does it have to be so biased? I am seriously considering setting up my own magazine that is unbiased to any supplier and talks about the issues that window cleaners want to talk about. Would anyone be interested in such a magazine? Also any ideas on the content would be most welcome. I am just your average window cleaner with no experience of publishing but would be interested in giving it a go if the interest was there. So over to you guys what do you think?
WCE- For Windows that shine everytime!

Re: Professional Window cleaner Magazine
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 12:30:34 pm »
yeah got mine today the ionics mag it should be called ! i have never subscribed either though something to read on the loo! i guess we will all be flocking to ionics to buy their crash tested systems though i was a little puzzeled why they did not show a system crash tested with a bulkhead and bolted though chassis ! only their own and some other that was only bolted through floor not a complete unbiased crash test i thought i think these tests need to be more thouroughly tested to be completely unbiased. ;D

*Mr Tumble

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 12:44:10 pm »
Even the picture on page 30 woudn't make me want to buy it.  Grim trio they make.

williamx

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 12:45:28 pm »
If its a totally unbiased magazine, which states the facts not what a select few agree with, then it should be welcome by us all.

As for content, anything that is related to the window cleaning industry and what is likely to affect us in the future should be included.

A complete company by company product review, which has been complied by those that have used the product not looked at a picture and have come to their own conclusions on what it can and cannot do.

A directory of suppliers, who are local to the cleaner not some mail order company, that would be of use for those that need their supply that day.

Also a list of current tenders that are available to cleaners nationwide to apply for.

Regular updates from HSE, The Water Boards, Governments Departments that affect or may affect our trade would be useful.

m.b.s.

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2008, 12:51:32 pm »
i didnt subscribe either the thing is were did they get our details from or is it because we get the ionics cat may be its a ionic marketing thing :-\

WCE

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2008, 12:53:29 pm »
If its a totally unbiased magazine, which states the facts not what a select few agree with, then it should be welcome by us all.

As for content, anything that is related to the window cleaning industry and what is likely to affect us in the future should be included.

A complete company by company product review, which has been complied by those that have used the product not looked at a picture and have come to their own conclusions on what it can and cannot do.

A directory of suppliers, who are local to the cleaner not some mail order company, that would be of use for those that need their supply that day.

Also a list of current tenders that are available to cleaners nationwide to apply for.

Regular updates from HSE, The Water Boards, Governments Departments that affect or may affect our trade would be useful.

Thanks Hydro cleaners that was the kind of thing i was looking for regarding content.  ;)

WCE

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2008, 12:58:58 pm »
i didnt subscribe either the thing is were did they get our details from or is it because we get the ionics cat may be its a ionic marketing thing :-\
Thats exactly what it is if you get the cat then you get the mag. Fair enough it is their mag and it's free but I think a mag that was written by window cleaners for window cleaners that was free from any ties with suppliers would be a good thing. Currently the closest thing that there is is the fwc's window talk but you need to be a member to get that. My mag would be available to anyone! 

cvdewsbury

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2008, 01:08:47 pm »
professional window cleaner magazine.... they send me it too and I,m a right cowboy!!!

DASERVICES

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2008, 01:27:56 pm »
The magazine is a selling tool for Ionics but you need to start looking at all the talk that is going on in these articles. Last month in the C&M magazine Tuckers were saying the same thing but worded it different.

Craig M is a very cunning business man and Ionics are being hit hard by new suppliers coming on board. They are a threat to Ionics so they will try what ever means to halt these suppliers.

From these articles you can see what plot they are attempting, page 19. It's very clear who they have been talking too and what they want to happen!!!!

I bet this gets deleted  ;)

WCE

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2008, 01:33:17 pm »
Regarding my proposed magazine, being an unbiased publication I would be looking for articles from all sectors of the industry. All contributors would get the issue their article is in free as a thank you. So if you fancy a go at writing one now is your chance. If you are interested in writing an article or in receiving the mag then email me your details wce@sky.com Without your support the mag will never get off the ground so register your interest now if you want to see a magazine produced for window cleaners by window cleaners!

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2008, 03:08:15 pm »
Just had a browse through the latest PWC and it looks very good. I will certainly spend some time reading it in great detail.

However I really think that Philip Hanson now needs to be up front about the fact that all this is is an Ionic's advertising brochure. The only other firm advertising is surprise, surprise Pure20 and the picture of their website clearly shows exactly the same model wearing the same clothes as an earlier advert in the mag promoting the Ionics roadshow  ;)

Sanity

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2008, 03:26:33 pm »
I used to be a desk-top publishing assistant, so if anyone would like to colaborate on a magazine, I would be more than happy to help.

we would need...

Copywriter  (to check spelling, grammar, facts etc...)
Graphic Designer (to design the major components of the magazine design)
Desk Top Publisher (to layout text / images in a compatable way for the printers)
Canvasser (for advertisers so we can afford to have it printed)
Article writers (got something you would like to share with other WC's?)

Whoops, just noticed the post by WCE.  Contact him to add articles.

jeff1

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2008, 04:03:19 pm »
Have a good read of the PWC Mag, not only may the crash test results affect van system installers but it may also affect every w/c with a van mounted system if insurance companies have anything to do with it.

pingu

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2008, 04:59:40 pm »
Why not produce some sort of e-zine...say on a bi-monthly or quaterly basis...

I would love to help...I am no great author or anything like that but there are a number of Dutch companies doing various things with WFP and I could be 'our man over there'....

Cheers
Dave.

*Mr Tumble

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2008, 05:18:34 pm »
I'd like any w/c magazine to have a personal column - wants/for sale/swap/readers wives etc.

« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2008, 05:47:42 pm »
Regarding my proposed magazine, being an unbiased publication I would be looking for articles from all sectors of the industry. All contributors would get the issue their article is in free as a thank you. So if you fancy a go at writing one now is your chance. If you are interested in writing an article or in receiving the mag then email me your details wce@sky.com Without your support the mag will never get off the ground so register your interest now if you want to see a magazine produced for window cleaners by window cleaners!
thats a very good idea,  ;)

matt

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2008, 05:48:28 pm »

thats it

it even has your same "ionics id number" on them both

matt

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2008, 05:50:49 pm »
thats a very good idea,  ;)

its a good idea, its also the same idea that philip hanson had a few years back, great in theory

P®oPole™

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2008, 05:51:48 pm »

What a great read, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

ProPole

matt

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2008, 05:56:51 pm »
The magazine is a selling tool for Ionics but you need to start looking at all the talk that is going on in these articles. Last month in the C&M magazine Tuckers were saying the same thing but worded it different.

Craig M is a very cunning business man and Ionics are being hit hard by new suppliers coming on board. They are a threat to Ionics so they will try what ever means to halt these suppliers.

From these articles you can see what plot they are attempting, page 19. It's very clear who they have been talking too and what they want to happen!!!!

I bet this gets deleted  ;)

i havent got the mag

whats on page 19, as if its what i have heard, its a concearn