Captain Scarlet

Re: The OFFICIAL SL-X Review Thread.
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2008, 09:10:21 am »
Ok, just got my SL-X. It is by far the nicest pole I have ever held in my life ( even nicer than the SL2!!! ) Having held all the other poles on the market of this height this feels far superior. Short sections, thin, extremely stiff and light.....its truely amazing. I will carry on this review as I go but I can see myself really enjoying using it. Its quite dull here today so taking good pictures will be difficult. But I will use my Vikan brush on it today and try and take some pictures of it at work!!!

The pole also looks brilliant, the patternation on the carbon is lovely and overall the pole looks nicer than anything Ive seen before.

With the pole I received instructions on cleaning and maintaining including some loctite!!!

Oh and regards the clamps having a learning curve........WHAT. They seem easy to use. Obviously it will take a while to see how it wears and alike but I can see it being a brilliant new piece of kit, Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2008, 09:13:32 am »
And as regards to the pole being fragile, well that simply is not the case. That pole must have been badly mistreated in transit. As Alex said, something heavy running it over as mine was packed extremely well in a tough tube.

My friend received an Omnitrolley the other week and it had been badly damaged in transit, Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2008, 09:32:09 am »
errr... excuse me. I do not consider my review ' rose tinted ' at all. >:(

You're excused. I didn't consider your review rose tinted either. So I'm going to do this as well >:(

;D

Darren O

« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2008, 09:33:57 am »
GQC have you ever used the cf 24ft facelift if its as good as that then it must be some pole it would be good to hear from people who have used both poles.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2008, 09:35:03 am »
Darren, I have never used the Facelift for work but I have held it extended at Blackpool show and held it again at Windex. Its a brilliant pole but not as light, rigid and compact as this. Luke

Darren O

« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2008, 10:01:21 am »
It sounds some pole Luke i just hope its as robust as the Facelift clamps ect time will tell.Darren

Paul Coleman

« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2008, 12:13:03 pm »
Having a bit of fun thats all. ;D

It must be a bit fragile for it to break in transit. I wasn't referring to you talking about the clamps that was someone else, but now you come to mention it......

I'm just summarising some of the reviews, isn't this what this thread is supposed to be about (which you started)? Or do all reviews have to be rose tinted and unrealistic for them to be included?

I suspect the "broken in transit" may say more about the courier than the pole.  I used to work part-time for City Link.  I would be OK sending a house brick via them but would have reservations about sending anything more fragile.

TDW

« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2008, 03:58:26 pm »
Received mine this afternoon. Weight doesn't compare to the sl2 but thats because of the clamps. Clamps do seem abit chunky but if its going to be a regular everyday pole then they need to be robust. Feels great and is lighter than a 18' excel.
Using tomorrow for first time and will give a proper review.
TDW

macmac

« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2008, 06:15:15 pm »
GQC have you ever used the cf 24ft facelift if its as good as that then it must be some pole it would be good to hear from people who have used both poles.

I may be able to do just this sometime soon! ;)

Tony

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2008, 07:27:22 pm »
Here are some pictures, videos to follow later but my computer is playing up!!!

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2008, 07:27:54 pm »
more

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2008, 07:28:47 pm »
more

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2008, 07:29:14 pm »
more

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2008, 07:29:48 pm »
more

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2008, 07:30:23 pm »
more,  thats my dad...not me!

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2008, 07:30:48 pm »
more

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2008, 07:31:14 pm »
more

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2008, 07:32:02 pm »
more

boshravie

« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2008, 07:58:36 pm »
hi rupert
what hight is that pole?

Regards

Bosh

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #59 on: April 24, 2008, 07:59:22 pm »
25ft, 30ft reach, Luke