NWH

Re: council estates
« Reply #160 on: February 03, 2008, 12:04:48 am »
you say " was an indian " what is he now ?
A cowboy lol. ;D ;D ;D ;D

matt

« Reply #161 on: February 03, 2008, 12:06:06 am »
you say " was an indian " what is he now ?

:P i guess he is still a indian

he moved away to aberdeen on the oil-rigs as he got banned from driving ( drink driving ) so his company sent him to scotland for punishment, we sort of lost touch

thus infact my best mate for years was a indian, he is no longer my best mate

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #162 on: February 03, 2008, 12:13:14 am »
just starting to think??? the problem is that whereas 30 years ago immigrants came to settle and make a new life here they now do it differently .Many immigrant workers come here to work and send a percentage of their income home to their family.If they are careful and play the system they can soon build up substantial wealth in their home country(iam talking eastern europe here) some of the blokes you see working in fields in this country own property or properties back home(poland is going through an economic boom now after the initial hard period after the mass migration of younger populace this is mainly caused by influx of money from uk) this is not hearsay or rumour but fact,I know of one girl in a supervisory position at a large farm where i clean she lives in hostel style accom on site and sends as much money home as she can she plans to stick it out for about three more years and then return home to live off her property portfolio in poland,also she says that she can reclaim almost all the tax she pays in this country if she returns home within 5 yrs but i dont know if thats true??? i sure hope not
My father in law says this country is finnished due to letting in anyone and everyone,i`m starting to think he could be right.

paulscotney

« Reply #163 on: February 03, 2008, 12:28:27 am »
ust starting to think??? the problem is that whereas 30 years ago immigrants came to settle and make a new life here they now do it differently .Many immigrant workers come here to work and send a percentage of their income home to their family.If they are careful and play the system they can soon build up substantial wealth in their home country(iam talking eastern europe here) some of the blokes you see working in fields in this country own property or properties back home(poland is going through an economic boom now after the initial hard period after the mass migration of younger populace this is mainly caused by influx of money from uk) this is not hearsay or rumour but fact,I know of one girl in a supervisory position at a large farm where i clean she lives in hostel style accom on site and sends as much money home as she can she plans to stick it out for about three more years and then return home to live off her property portfolio in poland,also she says that she can reclaim almost all the tax she pays in this country if she returns home within 5 yrs but i dont know if thats true??? i sure hope not
Quote from: NWH on Yest............

Hi, Wake up to the real world,  here in Birmingham that is exactly what the Indians, Bangladeshis  and Pakistanis have been doing for the last 30 years or so and still do. I am amazed you are surprised. No disrespect to you intended.

paulscotney

« Reply #164 on: February 03, 2008, 12:31:04 am »
PS ..not trying to be anti anyone..just stating the fact that all immigrants try to better themselves, rightly or wrongly

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #165 on: February 03, 2008, 12:43:38 am »
dont know about that mate i live in lincs aand not that many indians here but lots of east europeans cant blame em for doing it when average weekly minimum wage in poland is 70 quid and in lithuania its about 50 i just resent the fact that the tossers in govt like to tell us what a huge contribution they are making to this countries economy.....pmsl ;D ;D

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #166 on: February 03, 2008, 12:49:00 am »
paul scotney not surprised at all if you could earn the equivalent of up to £970 a week with no skills wouldnt you do it????

Old_Master

« Reply #167 on: February 03, 2008, 01:09:43 am »
With all the guessing and theories about  asylum seekers economic or otherwise, I thought it would help if  facts produced by the Economist magazine were used rather than summising . The % rates are those of actual accepted seekers. 10% of Sweden's population are now Immigrants, where 30 years ago their were none! And they still seem to be doing very well as they are rated No5 in the best countries in the World for quality of life.
The purpose of this posting is to show that the UK is not the only country Immigrant workers choose to come too.

Asylum Seeker Acceptance Rates
1. Denmark 74%
2. Canada 62%
3. Finland 51%
4. Sweden 50%
5. USA 44%
6. UK 43%
7. Norway 43%
8. Netherlands 39%
9. Switzerland 39%
10. Belgium 25%
11. France 20%
12. Ireland 18%
13. New Zealand 18%
14. Italy 16%
15. Australia 13%
16. Austria 13%
17. Germany 10%
18. Japan 9%

It might also be of interest to note that the UK was rated as only the 29th best place to live in 2005 for quality of life.

The Top 10 best countries for quality of life (2005)
1 Ireland
2 Switzerland
3 Norway
4 Luxembourg
5 Sweden
6 Australia
7 Iceland
8 Italy
9 Denmark
10 Spain

JJWindowCleaners

« Reply #168 on: February 03, 2008, 08:01:13 am »
How funny.   :-\
Isnt life hard enough without arguing with our Colleagues over what is a matter of preference.
Come on....lighten up a little.   To air ones views is fine, to put down & insult someone for airing them is Stalinist behaviour.

About time this thread was locked.....as its doing nothing more than keeping bad feeling & negitivity going whilst petering on racism.

Londoner

« Reply #169 on: February 03, 2008, 08:22:38 am »
The problem with the assylum seekers coming to this country is that other countries in Europe do not offer them the same benefits package. That means that they do not go there. Spain for example gives very minimal support and only for six months. France is the same. So they come here instead. Most are economic migrants looking for a better life rather than true assylum seekers so they follow the money.

I see from the previous post that America accept 44% of its assylum seeker. That makes me laugh.
Anyone who travels to America on holiday or business knows how difficult it is to get through immigration.  

America may accept 44% of those who apply but most would not get into the country in the first place to apply. Everyone who goes to america has to have a return ticket already paid for as part of the entry requirement. How many genuine assylum seekers have the new "chip and pin " passports that are now required.
To get a visa you have to apply in person to the American Embassy in the country of departure and they run your name through their vast computers. If you don't tick all the right  boxes you don't get a visa and if you haven't got a visa the airline won't take you.

Canada is the same, My friend Steve now lives in America and has a green card but was refused a visa to go to Canada on holiday because he didn't have a credit card for religeous reasons. When you apply for a visa to go to Canada on holiday they check your credit rating it appears. How many assylum seekers have credit cards?

Look at what happened a while back in Australia when a boat load of Vietnamese boat people tried to land.

Coming back to the original thread. Its not the council estates that are a problem. Slack Government and incompetent Civil Servants are allowing situations to develop that could be addressed but aren't.

Its the same with all these work shy chavs. Its easier to just keep throwing money to them than to do something about them. There are people out there today who fully intend to spend their whole lives on benefits. And the Govt seems prepared to let them.

« Reply #170 on: February 03, 2008, 08:45:10 am »
Racism is an ugly word and it seems that Government and MP's are terrified of being seen as such. This means that no-one has the guts to stand up and question the sense in flooding our country with some ten million immigrants. The only people who will question it are the hardliners with nothing to loose that we tend not to listen to anyway. So WHY are we allowing them to come in and drain OUR rescources good or bad?
 As for council estates, i avoid them as i feel uncomfortable working on them. I was brought up in a council house so have nothing against any decent people living on them. It's my choice to work where I want to at the end of the day, simple as that. :)

Adam Boss

« Reply #171 on: February 03, 2008, 09:46:10 am »
I am of to Japan, I should do well out there I think. ;D
Will post back as soon as I get there. 8)

Adam
EST: 1988

Old_Master

« Reply #172 on: February 03, 2008, 11:30:40 am »
The problem with the assylum seekers coming to this country is that other countries in Europe do not offer them the same benefits package

Ireland Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Finland are in Europe and all have better benefits than us.

bluez

« Reply #173 on: February 03, 2008, 02:01:31 pm »
I'll work for anyone who is prepared to pay to have their windows cleaned regardless of where they live inside my area. because thats what I do for a living, I clean windows in return for money. If I get a non paying customer I drop them. It doesn't matter where they live.
hi

dai

« Reply #174 on: February 03, 2008, 08:22:43 pm »
Asylum seekers are not permitted to work in the UK, that's the law.
No matter how highly qualified they may be. If we won't let them work and we can't let them starve, they are paid basic benefits.
We are so lucky to be living in a country that encourages the freedom of speech. We can come on forums like this and voice our views. Speak out in Zimbabwe and you get bumped off, it's very easy to take our freedom for granted. If we are not happy here, it's comparatively easy to emigrate, most Brits seem to think they have a God given right to go wherever we please, and yet we would deny this right for others to come here.

To risk generalising again, many people living in social housing have big financial problems, many are the victims of poor parenting. Brought up with few boundaries and left to their own devices, they under achieve in school, and leave without acquiring the necessary skills to compete in the job market. Many end up on benefits, and without the skills to manage their meagre finances find themselves in debt.
I can sympathise with these people, especially at Christmas time when their own kids want the same as all their friends.
I have cleaned for such people and been asked if they can pay next time, being a bit of a softy, I say yes. When next time comes it's double the money, twice as much as they didn't have last time.
They know they owe me, and they know they can't pay again, some get angry at the situation they are in, and at times they have directed their anger in my direction.
Be honest guys, who needs this kind of hassle. I am just an ordinary working guy trying to earn a crust.
I know these people are in the minority, but this minority is more common in social housing.
If you play Russian roulette, there is only one chance in 6 of shooting yourself, but I would rather leave the gun well alone to begin with. Dai