jonah

council estates
« on: January 31, 2008, 08:03:24 pm »
Despite initial apprehension I have started to clean several houses on local council estate . I charge same as anywhere and have had no problems ,  people pay on time and are great . Just wondered about other wc/s experiances cos some are negative concerning these .

[GQC] Tim

Re: council estates
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 08:07:17 pm »
It's like playing with fire, sure you can do it, but your going to get burned now and then. Some people are respectful, but realistically speaking, in some estates the absolute worst of the worst live there, it's one thing having a chat with them, it's a hole different thing cleaning for them.

jonah

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 08:09:11 pm »
yes but you can still be selective who you take on and quite a few are hard working and have bought and look after their homes .

Gordon Saunders

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 08:12:17 pm »
  I do several council estates on my round ,good tippers at christmas . No worse payers than anyone else in my opinion but then Stroud isnt exactly the south peckham estates is it.
 Gordon

Jon-scwindows

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2008, 08:16:12 pm »
i have only 1 customer in a council estate, who is my brothers girlfriends parents, they are the nicest people you could know of, its a tiny little place and they cant really afford much - it takes 10 minutes and its £5 they are happy with that.

At the same time in a quite well off posh area of ipswich there is a horrible 60ish lady who is so fussy, and irritating, snotty old lady who begrudges paying me £7 for doing a great job wfp on her large new house because she doesnt like the water dripping down. She must go into a mental fit when it rains...  takes 30-40 minutes and i only had because it was passed on from a round i bought, now i have not bothered to turn up again...

back to the people living on the council estate, - they just passed on their friends details and got me some more work!

jonah

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2008, 08:17:05 pm »
Do you collect Gordon or use envelopes ?

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2008, 08:17:33 pm »
one of my best days work is a council estate . never had any problems with these . allways pay on time .
where theres muck theres money

jonah

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2008, 08:19:22 pm »
well its refreshing to meet wc/s who arnt snobs  ;D

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2008, 08:22:54 pm »
The most reliable customers of all are the older residents on a mature council estate.  They have old fashioned ideas about not owing anybody anything and treating everyone with respect.

I've had people going miles out of their way to come to my house to pay £6 that they owe because they weren't in when I called.

If only all my customers had their ethics. ::)

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2008, 08:25:08 pm »
with any luck the worst of the worst wont want their windows ccleaned but you never can tell and you can get burned anywhere,i just find them a bit depressing to work on you get this mix of well kept houses with smart well tended gardens right next door to utter crap holes with wrecked cars on the drive and six foot weeds out back

jonah

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2008, 08:26:21 pm »
Yes and you dont mind doing the odd favour just to help out .

Feen

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2008, 08:30:43 pm »
I do some which are a mix of council owned and ex-council (ie bought by the tenant). They are all superb. The only problem is I sometimes have to go collecting as they are working. Not a bad payer amongst them.
Feen

jonah

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2008, 08:34:33 pm »
cant you get them to send cheque Feen ?

Gordon Saunders

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2008, 08:35:15 pm »
Jonah
  all SAE
   Gordon

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2008, 08:38:25 pm »
Yes, I know there are plenty of people that are nice in them. I think the greater the divide in peole who have it a bit better, and people who don't have a lot of money, is where you can really tell, on some estates they just seem to group together.

One of the things that I look for is, the state of the property, car wrecks and litter in the garden is obviously a no no.

You get a bit of a 6th sense for properties like this. I've been right on almost all occasions.

LWC

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2008, 08:39:06 pm »
i used to have a brilliant round down probably the scummiest road in town, and to be fair to em, they were the best payers ive ever had, and the only reason i sold them is it was a pain getting round back with the hose, but now ive got me backpack i wish i hadnt sold it  >:( doh, id have it back any day

moneys MONEY

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2008, 08:39:34 pm »
Yes and you dont mind doing the odd favour just to help out .
glad its not just me i cant help it i end up checking down pipes etc for nothing cos i feel sorry for em living next to scum and they aint all old couples either used to do a house in a council "row" immaculate middle aged family two polite kids nice bloke and lovely wife x-trail 4x4 hot tub in a summerhouse out back really nice inside extended etc.......either side crap holes i felt like doing the windows for nothing even tho he was not short of money ::)

jonah

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2008, 08:44:07 pm »
nowt wrong with a good hart mate .

TennetClean

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2008, 09:10:19 pm »
Avoid Like the Plague
My friends call me Tuppence Clean

jonah

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2008, 09:16:41 pm »