Re: Van signage ideas please...
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2007, 09:07:38 pm »
erm ...................... I think  its on the side  ;D ;D

TVCS

« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2007, 09:08:20 pm »
drivers door by any chance ;D
Veni, vidi, vino, splatus.

(I came, I saw, I drank, I fell over...)

Majestic

« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2007, 09:10:28 pm »
 Chris
your name and address is also on your web site , so anyone looking for a window cleaner and sees your van with your  web address on can look at your details on your site

nat

« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2007, 09:13:08 pm »
like i was saying earlier it was only MY opinion.

Its all healthy debate Dave.  ;)

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2007, 09:13:40 pm »
Chris
your name and address is also on your web site , so anyone looking for a window cleaner and sees your van with your  web address on can look at your details on your site

Yep I dont see the point in hiding anything .... makes me more user friendly and more approachable , Daves right when people know your name they use it thinking they are your pal

« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2007, 09:28:18 pm »
to true, I know a compnay near me that only uses mobile numbers for business, these guys have multi million pound turn over, the older generation seem not to use as much, but are doing so more, as this is the way everything goes, people want to speak to someone when they cal and speaking direct has got to be the best way, I will have landline and mobile soon to cover both, but people knocking just a mobile have more than likely never used this method (change with the times or stand still  ;)

So many companies lend not to listen to this simple advice, I watched a multi national nearly go into liquidation because of not listening to this advice and it was one of the biggest computer companies

NWH

« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2007, 09:31:08 pm »
Squeaky if i were you i would get the back half of the van wrapped,they look the business.It`s not as expensive as you might think.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2007, 09:33:51 pm »
By just using a mobile it looks like you want to be annonimous and not paying there taxes.

I will never phone a mobile on a tradesman van if they didnt also have a landline and i suspect i am not alone.

Dave

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2007, 09:37:18 pm »
By just using a mobile it looks like you want to be annonimous and not paying there taxes.

I will never phone a mobile on a tradesman van if they didnt also have a landline and i suspect i am not alone.

Dave

That's my worry, which is why I thought it would help a lot to put the town that I'm based on it.

NWH...you can pay then!
I'm borrowing to get the normal signage done.

« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2007, 09:38:26 pm »
What is a phone number Dave?
I use mbile and a website address, you can find out alot more from a website address than a landline number I am not knocking either or, what I am saying that many many people will call a mobile, you may not then you may be the minority (please dont that that as a dig as was not meant that way)

Majestic

« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2007, 09:40:57 pm »
I also would not phone just a mobile number, why not have a landline are they trying to hide something. With a landline you feel that you have a contact if something goes wrong

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2007, 09:42:10 pm »
I also would not phone just a mobile number, why not have a landline are they trying to hide something. With a landline you feel that you have a contact if something goes wrong

Never

nat

« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2007, 09:43:49 pm »
what about 0845's & 0800's etc what do most of you think of them?

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2007, 09:45:38 pm »
Ian

i might be a minority say a 1 in 50 thats still 1 million people, you have to maximise everything in business, If i was employing someone i can see instantly with a land line where they are based and are not just some travelling new age hippies who fleece everyone when they arrive in town, a bit similat to " i am just laying some tarmac for the council and have got a bit left over , so i can lay your new drive cheep geezer "   "just give us £500 and you will never see us again"

Roger just put your phone number nobody can beat you up down a phone line, If you are concerned just get an extra BT line just for business.

Dave

« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2007, 09:46:00 pm »
they cost money when calling from a mobile which nearly everyone has, there was a time when people would write a number down now they tap into there mobile then stop and think thats going to cost me 35p I did alot of reaserch about it before I went ahead with design on van

NWH

« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2007, 09:47:45 pm »
Put your landline on and just have all calls diverted to mobile.

nat

« Reply #57 on: October 12, 2007, 09:47:51 pm »
where did you research Window washer?

Majestic

« Reply #58 on: October 12, 2007, 09:49:12 pm »
If I was looking for a service and the van only had a mobile number but also a web address I would have a look at there web site . If it had other contact numbers on , or even a home address I would contact them

« Reply #59 on: October 12, 2007, 09:50:11 pm »
Ian

i might be a minority say a 1 in 50 thats still 1 million people, you have to maximise everything in business, If i was employing someone i can see instantly with a land line where they are based and are not just some travelling new age hippies who fleece everyone when they arrive in town, a bit similat to " i am just laying some tarmac for the council and have got a bit left over , so i can lay your new drive cheep geezer "   "just give us £500 and you will never see us again"

Roger just put your phone number nobody can beat you up down a phone line, If you are concerned just get an extra BT line just for business.

Dave
Dave if that was true about the numbe landline which is not you can buy a landline number in any area for £4.99 a month.

I know full well what you are saying about calling a mobile a landline and mobile to be honest is far better than just either or. I myself am moving or I would have had both different area code etc and I cany port the £4.99 number, looked into 0845 went in town and asked locals whcih would they call landine and mobile was about the same, easy thinking but when facts are sat infront etc etc.