Re: Van signage ideas please...
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2007, 07:58:35 pm »
Call divert £1.70 a month. Diverts to, in my case my mobile.

Maybe you should wait.

I don't know what was wrong with my ice cream van idea where you had the "Quack!  Quack!" noise.

The customers would know it was Squeaky time and get their windows shut when they heard the quacking. Also collecting on a friday night would be so much easier.
lol, or you could get Chico from X-factor to sing for you.............IT's Speaky time>>>

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2007, 07:59:19 pm »
Window washers it was on your uniform thread lol

nat

« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2007, 08:01:26 pm »
you can go for an 0800 number, mine costs me £4.99 a month and i get 200 minutes airtime with that, thats by far enough for new enquires. gets directed to a landline.

I also think your squeaky clean design is alright! its vibrant and eye catching, i think the number does need to bigger but you've said that already, i think the duck could of looked naff but i think its been sharply put together...people will remember you as well!

Lizzy

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2007, 08:03:01 pm »
agree about the landline number.
I'd have a section listing the Extra services you can provide though.
Is that what you do Lizzy?
Best I stick to cleaning. ;D

I'm not sure about the landline. :-\
If I cut some phsyco up at the lights again it makes me a bit easy to trace. :o

The main thing with a landline is that people know you're local and not just some mystery with a mobile.
That's why I thought I'd put Chepstow on it.

VG...no it's not done!

I often get asked for extras.   They all get the same response.    "NO"

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2007, 08:04:42 pm »
nat

maybe your right for cheap and cheerfull domestic , but for an all rounder i would say no, definately not on commercial

Lizzy

« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2007, 08:11:22 pm »
I would go the full legnth of the van with Squeaky clean and logo, an put  window cleaning  commercial domestic under it and you phone number on the door

Excellent idea. Or  "Domestic & Commercial Window Cleaners" to the right of logo.

Phone number underneath logo & wording.

List of extra services on doors
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

nat

« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2007, 08:11:51 pm »
i think your wrong Dave, i think its fine, i don't think it would make any difference IMO

« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2007, 08:18:05 pm »
I'm with Dave. If you are going to be funny (humourous) be very funny, and if you can't, be business like.

As the custard wont even put his own phone number on i think it's a non starter.

If the point is to generate more work, then no.

The only way I can think round the phone number thing is you specify your areas in chepstow. The point being that people want a local window cleaner and more you help them with this perception the more work you'll get.

In my case, as soon as they see my number they know where I come from (i don't mean the area code)

Sorry to be negative squeaks but that's what the forums for- to exchange ideas and come up with a better one.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2007, 08:20:55 pm »
Well Ian's only got a mobile number on his and no area.
He could be anyone.

But guess what? He gets loads of phone calls. ::)

nat

« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2007, 08:26:13 pm »
If you are going to be funny (humourous) be very funny

what like "Quack Quack" noises? ...hilarious!

i  don't see what the big deal its a yellow and blue duck, looks fine. didn't the guy with the jellyfish say that he got loads of business from it? its a gimmik and i'm sure what squeaky wants it for will be fine. ;)

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2007, 08:33:15 pm »
Its all about how much you want out of this game , if you just want a nice wage, then i suppose these animals are ok, but if you have a bigger ambition then i would keep your design more generic, more in the style of writing rather than pictures.

« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2007, 08:35:47 pm »
Its all about how much you want out of this game , if you just want a nice wage, then i suppose these animals are ok, but if you have a bigger ambition then i would keep your design more generic, more in the style of writing rather than pictures.
I know what you mean, I have image on van (will weds) quite a bit of text not to much, and the main part is company logo, that sticks out bigtime, and lucky for me it is also my website address  ;D

TVCS

« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2007, 08:37:15 pm »
Not my cup of tea personally speaking but I would emagine it would get you noticed and remembered which is half the battle at the end of the day.
Learn not to cut people up at the lights and put your home number on there ;D

As for other services what about,
exterior cleaning including;
Gutters
Fascias
Conservatories
At the end of the day what ever you want to do more of.
Just my thoughts

Veni, vidi, vino, splatus.

(I came, I saw, I drank, I fell over...)

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2007, 08:46:47 pm »
Not my cup of tea personally speaking but I would emagine it would get you noticed and remembered which is half the battle at the end of the day.
Learn not to cut people up at the lights and put your home number on there ;D

As for other services what about,
exterior cleaning including;
Gutters
Fascias
Conservatories
At the end of the day what ever you want to do more of.
Just my thoughts

Thanks TVCS. ;)
Best post yet.
Helpful at last.

Dave, I don't agree at all.
Most big companies have some sort of logo or memorable design.

If I saw a van with a cheerful logo or one with "P.Davies, window cleaner" on the side I know which one I'd go for.
It looks like you've got a bit more about you, than following the sheep.

Wouldn't matter if I was some old granny, or Bill Gates's secretary.
It looks more of an image than just writing does.

Majestic

« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2007, 08:52:23 pm »
Back to the back
I would put window cleaners bigger, it looks a bit small .
I think the logo is a good talking point , it will get people talking about you

nat

« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2007, 08:53:02 pm »
Its all about how much you want out of this game , if you just want a nice wage, then i suppose these animals are ok.
exactly, from what squeakys said before i don't think his ambition is to be the biggest national cleaner, i maybe wrong but thats the impression i get.

for a sole trader i think its alright and it really wouldn't make a difference, he has a decent van, with what looks like good quality signs, it would of looked bad with say an old sierra and if he'd hand painted his duck on it. then that to me is just budget!!

« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2007, 08:55:53 pm »
You're right Nat.
However the jellyfish thing has an association of ideas with a wfp, and was the idea of one of his children which is why it borders on the brilliant.

From squeaky clean to a duck is a bit of a stretch and has nothing to do with wfp. A mouse squeaks. Admittedly a big stupid yellow duck is friendly and will be noticed, but would you think about window cleaning or bathtime?

As regards being funny squeaks can be very funny and I did expect any idea he came up with to be stunning because he has such a cockeyed view of the world.

John Garnett and Lizzy had good ideas

WW perhaps I should show you a pic of mine so you have a bench mark.

« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2007, 08:58:37 pm »
You're right Nat.
However the jellyfish thing has an association of ideas with a wfp, and was the idea of one of his children which is why it borders on the brilliant.

From squeaky clean to a duck is a bit of a stretch and has nothing to do with wfp. A mouse squeaks. Admittedly a big stupid yellow duck is friendly and will be noticed, but would you think about window cleaning or bathtime?

As regards being funny squeaks can be very funny and I did expect any idea he came up with to be stunning because he has such a cockeyed view of the world.

John Garnett and Lizzy had good ideas

WW perhaps I should show you a pic of mine so you have a bench mark.
lol VG, go on then mate post it here or send me an email: design@windowwashers.co.uk

and who says it has to be anything to do with wfp? about 70% of people dont have a clue what water fed pole is. We are window cleaners  ;)

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2007, 09:02:56 pm »
 I have done very well just trading on my name.

I have big firms phoning me up all the time asking for me by name they even call me Dave.

Give me a ring sometime and i will tell you exactly how i am doing.

like i was saying earlier it was only MY opinion, as far as just a mobile number get real, if you have any ambition you need a land line on there.
I would never ever phone a trades man who just had a mobile number on there van, just tell me how many would never phone if you just had a landline.

Glyn Howard has traded on his name for his window cleaning work for many years, and he has one of the biggest firms in London in fact he was one who helped me decide to stay trading on my name, i have never looked back since.

Dave

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2007, 09:04:22 pm »
This is mine , it only has a mobile no, and my services and guess what its paid for itself over and over again