Sir Squeaky

Van signage ideas please... New
« on: October 12, 2007, 06:18:41 pm »
Hello folks. :)

This is the graphic work done for my van.
At the moment there's not much more than the logo.

Instead of putting a landline number (in case of road rage incidents, female stalkers etc...), I've put my home town on with my mobile.
I thought that would be a bit more reassuring than just a mobile who could be anyone. :-\

I'm going to ask for "Window Cleaning" to be bigger, but what else could I put?

Something about wfp (high reach/ pure water etc...) ?
Fascias, gutters?

What else should I put, and how do I word it? ???

Rog. (excuse the crap photo, I didn't take it!)

Majestic

Re: Van signage ideas please...
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 06:23:06 pm »
If you are looking to get work from the sign on your van I would put my home number , people seem to phone them before a mobile number

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 06:25:41 pm »
Is that done or what it will look like?

If it ain't done you need a landline number with a local code.

Lizzy

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 06:27:30 pm »
agree about the landline number.
But make sure whoever answers it has the necessary way with words.

Love the logo and picture squeaks.

I'd have a section listing the Extra services you can provide though.
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

dave0123

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2007, 06:28:11 pm »
I agree you should but a landlane on and maybe change the front of the numbers to a normal bold font thats really easy to read and for people to take it down when driving or behind u at lights etc.

Dave
Dave.

Dean Aspects

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2007, 06:31:32 pm »
I can understand why you dont want to put your home number down after your road rage incident but to add to the professional image you are trying to portray then a landline number just adds that little bit of trust
Remember if you are doing it to also put contact details on the rear of the van as people following or people you have just passed will be able to see the number
Oh and as you now have all this info on your van you will now need to drive and park your vehicle responsibly as this adds to your image or can harm it

Dean

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2007, 06:32:00 pm »
agree about the landline number.
I'd have a section listing the Extra services you can provide though.
Is that what you do Lizzy?
Best I stick to cleaning. ;D

I'm not sure about the landline. :-\
If I cut some phsyco up at the lights again it makes me a bit easy to trace. :o

The main thing with a landline is that people know you're local and not just some mystery with a mobile.
That's why I thought I'd put Chepstow on it.

VG...no it's not done!

supernova77

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2007, 06:42:56 pm »
Why don't you buy an 0845 number and have it diverted to your landline?

I would change the font to make it easier to read and just list all your services under your logo.

Andy

cvdewsbury

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2007, 06:48:03 pm »
definitely need  landline customers generally don,t want to deal with you without this...cue the abuse

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2007, 07:08:06 pm »
definitely need  landline customers generally don,t want to deal with you without this...cue the abuse
I would prefer a landline but I am moving so it is mobile, then again my landline is on website and thats plastered all over the van.

0845 cost money from a mobile
0870 are just a con
0800 open to abuse and cost loads in call also cost a mobile user to call you and many will not unless they are sat at home. a mobile they can call when they are behind you etc and webaddress is a defo for more business  ;D

of cause this is just IMO

Majestic

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2007, 07:08:06 pm »
I would go the full legnth of the van with Squeaky clean and logo, an put  window cleaning  commercial domestic under it and you phone number on the door

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2007, 07:13:48 pm »
Hello folks. :)

This is the graphic work done for my van.
At the moment there's not much more than the logo.

Instead of putting a landline number (in case of road rage incidents, female stalkers etc...), I've put my home town on with my mobile.
I thought that would be a bit more reassuring than just a mobile who could be anyone. :-\

I'm going to ask for "Window Cleaning" to be bigger, but what else could I put?

Something about wfp (high reach/ pure water etc...) ?
Fascias, gutters?

What else should I put, and how do I word it? ???

Rog. (excuse the crap photo, I didn't take it!)
logo is eye catching, IMO you need to change the font to a straight one from afar it is hard to read, the mobile will not matter as you have area on it, the back is the place for everything as people stuck in traffic have no choice really but to read it, having a mobile number on a signwritten van can be a good thing, I only the other day called someone from signwritting had an 0845 and a mobile, I used the mobile as I dont pay for mobile or landline calls

Sir Squeaky

Re: Van signage ideas please... New
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2007, 07:20:51 pm »
I'm going to have Window Cleaning and the number much bigger anyway, so I think the font will be fine.

This is the back, I think it's the best bit so far.

I just want to know what else to write.
Everyone's commented on what's already there, but I want to know what else to put. ???

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2007, 07:25:22 pm »
I'm going to have Window Cleaning and the number much bigger anyway, so I think the font will be fine.

This is the back, I think it's the best bit so far.

I just want to know what else to write.
Everyone's commented on what's already there, but I want to know what else to put. ???

i DONT KNOW WHAT YOU DO M8,

I will guess ok:

>Windows
>Upvc
>Gutters
>Soffits and fasias
>Conservatory roofs     (I did not spell roofs in the correct manner as it looks odd)
www.windowwashers.co.uk  :o that slipped out sry

dave0123

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2007, 07:31:37 pm »
Squeeky

Is your phone company with BT? if so you can have an extra number no need for a an extra line its jus an extra number that rings diffrent so u can have it cut off to upstirs or into an office its only an extra £1.50 every 3months i think.

its called BT Call sign

Dave
Dave.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2007, 07:34:36 pm »
No, I'm not BT any more.

I've just thought, we're ex-directory.
Does that mean if some nutter wants to find me he couldn't?

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2007, 07:38:52 pm »
No, I'm not BT any more.

I've just thought, we're ex-directory.
Does that mean if some nutter wants to find me he couldn't?
it means just that.  Squeeky if I wanted to find you it is not hard either follow you home or look for your van (if you park it at home, why you scared of bully, tell them to f(cant say that on here) if they start abusing, there is always the police

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2007, 07:41:06 pm »
Squeeky

I would have a re-think , sorry mate i think it looks naff, BUT that is only MY opinion, others may not think so.

I think my last sign writing wasnt to good , but i have to live with it now, i have learned a few lessons for my next van.

dave

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2007, 07:47:49 pm »
Squeeky

I would have a re-think , sorry mate i think it looks naff, BUT that is only MY opinion, others may not think so.

I think my last sign writing wasnt to good , but i have to live with it now, i have learned a few lessons for my next van.

dave
whats the link to your van dave? so we can have a look

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2007, 07:56:01 pm »
Call divert £1.70 a month. Diverts to, in my case my mobile.

Maybe you should wait.

I don't know what was wrong with my ice cream van idea where you had the "Quack!  Quack!" noise.

The customers would know it was Squeaky time and get their windows shut when they heard the quacking. Also collecting on a friday night would be so much easier.