Paul Coleman

Re: First ever £200+ day
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2007, 09:39:05 pm »
Well done Dai.  Mind you that seems like a very long day.  My first £200er was before I went WFP but it was because I had four very well priced jobs all in one day most of which I lost years ago (two of them moved away and one stopped having the insides done).

Tomorrow I have some pretty decently priced work to do.  I will be going for my first ever £300er.  I suppose living in the southeast of England does help a bit though.  I attempted a £300er this time six weeks ago on the last time I did this part of the round.  It proved beyond me though as one of the jobs was a first clean and took too long.  This time it will be rather easier.
Here's to the time when most of my round will be like this instead of just the better bits.

mattywig

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2007, 11:08:45 pm »
I work an average 6 hour day and clear £250+ profit and I do traditional window cleaning.  I used reach and smear for 3 years but can no longer ignore the lack of customer satisfaction and the fact that there is a lot more money to be made out of employing atleast 1 lad to do tops for you and keeping your prices good. Id be interested to hear if anyone else finds this to be the case?

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2007, 11:15:17 pm »
I'm getting close to it sometimes now I'm on the pole.
If the right jobs fall on the right day it'll happen soon.

My average now is 40-50% more than I was doing trad, and I was a fast worker too.

What I have noticed is that I expect more now, and a big day doesn't impress me like it used to.

I had a record day today, but I drove home sort of "ho-hum"
A figure 20 or 30 quid less than today a few months ago, and I would have been grinning ear to ear.

I turned my nose up to wfp for years, but I'm eating my words. :-[

I reckon if you can't do it quicker by pole then you're not making the most of it, and your technique is wrong.

macmac

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2007, 11:19:42 pm »
I work an average 6 hour day and clear £250+ profit and I do traditional window cleaning.  I used reach and smear for 3 years but can no longer ignore the lack of customer satisfaction and the fact that there is a lot more money to be made out of employing atleast 1 lad to do tops for you and keeping your prices good. Id be interested to hear if anyone else finds this to be the case?

so what would be your gross for 6 hours?

tony

mattywig

« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2007, 01:09:23 am »
Turnover for the two of us £330 ish I work off paying £60 wages and Twenty quid a day running cost fuel, insurance etc.  I didnt think that was especially good as some of my mates make a lot more.

Ian_Giles

« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2007, 06:33:18 am »
We've kind of drifted off complimenting Dai for his hard work, but it's still on topic I think...
Mattywig; If you are going to employ someone to do the tops then I'd think again, if you yourself wish to climb ladders, fair enough, but no way on earth would I now allow anyone who worked for me to climb more than a few steps up a pointer ladder.
It really is not worth the risk.
If you are knocking out £250 doing trad in 6 hours then good on you, you must have very well priced accounts.
£330 fr 2 of you working together is also very good, particularly if you are mostly domestic.
If you are doing £250+ per day then you are doing way, way better than most window cleaners, and £330 per day means that you also have to be VAT reg, hell, £250 a day means the same thing too!
That is an absolutely staggering earning rate dude.
Good for you if you are managing that, most won't.

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

macmac

« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2007, 12:44:49 pm »
Turnover for the two of us £330 ish I work off paying £60 wages and Twenty quid a day running cost fuel, insurance etc.  I didnt think that was especially good as some of my mates make a lot more.

I wish i could beleive you ::)

tony

Paul Coleman

« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2007, 03:23:32 pm »

I wish i could beleive you ::)

tony

I'm not sure why you don't.  It sounds very doable for someone who has worked to build up their business.
Mind you, I do see a smiley in your post so maybe you're just having a laugh.

neil100

« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2007, 04:44:40 pm »
Glad to here that some of my fellow w/cleaning Brethren are getting a wage that they fully deserve. I hope every one on the forum can knock out a £200 day if they work hard. You have to have your work priced correctly though for this to happen.

Never mind giving the excuse that customers wont pay a higher price round where you live. If that really is the case venture into a diffrent area. Local villages ,even if they are 50 miles away.

I got a new customer yesterday £45.00. I am £20.00 more expensive then her current  trad w/c. I told her if she wants to save money stick with her current w/c BUT the fact that she as asked me for a price not the other way round shows she is willing to pay for the job to be done properly.

I live in an area where most w/c are as cheap as chips. Not me, I know what I am worth and I charge what I see is a Fair price for the very professional sevice I give. I have been a w/c since 1980 and my round is expanding like mad at the momment due to wfp.

My mate holds the record round here for the most earned in a day between my freinds. The record stands at £506.00 at the momment. This is for earnings by one person in a day on domestic work.

Its not made up, the lad did a very long day working at high speed. He was wrecked at the end of the day.

I will be aiming to beat it in July as I am manovering some accounts around for just one big 12 hour day. I will be targeting £550.00 all domestic. No breaks all day. I will just go flat out and eat on the move.

Nel

xxmattyxx

« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2007, 04:45:31 pm »
2 guys to do £330.00in 6 hours works out at £27.50 per hour per man.

Nowt wrong with that.

I aim for that, as an average. Well, currently trying to put in new prices at £30/hr

Well done if you can keep that up.

Matt

xxmattyxx

« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2007, 04:47:24 pm »

Its not made up, the lad did a very long day working at high speed. He was wrecked at the end of the day.

I wasn't that tired  ;D  ;D

macmac

« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2007, 08:42:31 pm »

Nowt wrong with that.

I aim for that, as an average. Well, currently trying to put in new prices at £30/hr

Matt

You may well aim for it but do you earn it each & every day?
It's not what is possible to earn in a day but rather what you can earn every day at a sustainable rate that gives a true reflection of your earning power.

tony

xxmattyxx

« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2007, 08:54:02 pm »

Nowt wrong with that.

Matt

You may well aim for it but do you earn it each & every day?
It's not what is possible to earn in a day but rather what you can earn every day at a sustainable rate that gives a true reflection of your earning power.

tony

Not entirely sure, I doubt it in all honesty, but there are a good few days throughout my round when I do. Having said that theres also days when I average £90.00 an hour, but thats once every 6 weeks.

I would imagine my average is about a fiver below what I would like, but my pricing structure now is designed to pick up new work at £30.00 an hour, the older stuff to be increased in price and some old tat to be binned.

Maybe in 6 months I might be able to say my average is at the level I want, wouldnt be bad for someone with dodgy knees and ligaments !!

I would imagine if I was 10 or 15 years younger Id knock £30.00 an hour day in day out no problem

Matt

macmac

« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2007, 09:01:23 pm »
& you're right matt, there's nowt wrong wi 30 quid an hour, it's just that when talking about earnings, i think it's important for us all that we're honest & not to take a "best days ever earnings" & flowt it about on here as if it's what is being earned day in day out.
This isn't aimed at anyone in paticular either.

tony

« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2007, 09:16:29 pm »
xxmattxx, i couldn't earn £80 per day trad. I wasn't very good. I used poles app and blade for ups, but I had no complaints.
However, if you class my earnings as more typical, again typicaly, now I am wfp I can double that,(maybe £160). This is why Dai's post is interesting to most of us.You are unique in being the only person I have ever heard of who earns more by having traveled in the opposite direction.
If I can make one observation about people bragging about how much they earn, and this is not aimed at you Matt, from other comments.such as can't afford a van, haven't got a garage,can't RO water,etc, it very often turns out they live in a one bedroomed council flat.

mattywig

« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2007, 10:35:11 pm »
£250 profit for a six hour day is just an average I have a some better but not very much worse.  Iwasn't trying to brag just trying to test the water for what other people are doing.  I do think the two of us are pretty fast my prices probably average £6 per house and 55 to 60 houses in 6 hours is a regular day for us.  I find that if I only do short days I am a lot more productive thats why I stick to 6 hours because it is sustainable.

I do genuinely have 3 friends a bit older than me that are on paper millionaires largely due to window cleaning so amongst my mates I am small fry anyway!!!!! :)

matt

« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2007, 10:47:23 pm »
I do think the two of us are pretty fast my prices probably average £6 per house and 55 to 60 houses in 6 hours is a regular day for us.  I find that if I only do short days I am a lot more productive thats why I stick to 6 hours because it is sustainable.

)

if my calcs are right, and they might not be, ive had a long day

thats 10 houses a hour, thats really fast, 6 mins a house

that doesnt add up, thats not including time between houses, i guess you dont collect on the day

are my calc's wrong here ?? ??

mattywig

« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2007, 10:54:57 pm »
9 or 10 an hour they are mostly 2 or 3 bed semis and I knock for money as soon as I start the windows this gives them time to get it ready for when you finish.  If they are not in we just do the windows and leave a ticket.  I do fronts and the guy who works for me who is also quick does backs.  I have about 1200 customers all 4 weekly.  If that answers your question?

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2007, 10:55:17 pm »
Exactly what I was thinking Matt.

Absolutely no chance.
I'm quicker than most, and 4 average houses an hour is going some.

10 mins per house + a couple of mins waiting for money and moving to the next house.

That would mean he's doing the windows in about 3 or 4 minutes. ;D

matt

« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2007, 11:11:28 pm »
Exactly what I was thinking Matt.

Absolutely no chance.
I'm quicker than most, and 4 average houses an hour is going some.

10 mins per house + a couple of mins waiting for money and moving to the next house.

That would mean he's doing the windows in about 3 or 4 minutes. ;D

then the time to move between houses, this must add up over the day

unless Starship Enterprise beams them to the next house  :P :P