dai

First ever £200+ day
« on: May 31, 2007, 11:56:46 pm »
I didn't think it was possible with my prices, but I did it today.
I would like to be able to say that I went out a 10 and had finished by 3.30, I would be lying. I started at 8.30 and put the gear back in the van at 7.40 this evening.
That's one hell of a long day on compact domestics, only moved the van 200 yards all day. 223.50 for 11 hours of hard graft, and that works out at just over £20 per hour.
I'm due my old age pension in a couple of months. Maybe time to take things easier.
At least I can keep my promise to the kids, and take them camping tomorrow. Dai

Mr. S

Re: First ever £200+ day
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 11:59:57 pm »
Well done Dai! This time next year youll b a millionaire!

Only joking ;D ;D

Seriously Good on you mate! But one hell of a long day

EasyClean

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 12:02:43 am »
Well done!
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!

Alex Wingrove

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2007, 08:21:19 am »
wow

i dont think i would want to work for that long

but well done any hows

Clear Vision

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2007, 10:01:50 am »
Nice one!

Just think if we could do that every day! We would be loaded :D

ac_cleaning

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2007, 11:22:29 am »
NICE ONE BET YOU FEEL PROUD OF YOURSELF.

jeff1

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2007, 11:27:25 am »
Well done Dai, it feels good don't you think ;)

You have a great time camping with the kids. 8)

matt

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2007, 12:25:24 pm »
well done dai :)

next you will be on here saying you earn 20 K a week ;)

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2007, 01:17:02 pm »
next you will be on here saying you earn 20 K a week

That would be nice!

I find where I live that many People living in 2-4 bed terraced houses or semi detached houses will happily pay between £6.50 & £12 for their windows to be cleaned every four weeks, and sometimes a little more depending on the work (if you add all glass porches and conservatories).

If they grumble a bit when I quote, I politely remind them of what a Hobby or habit can cost in a month by comparison and they quite often come round (especially if they have such a hobby or habit).

At these prices you can achieve £200 a day in 7 or 8 hours. This is quite helpful if you live in an area where you get a lot of rain as it saves you working in the rain a lot of the time.
We have a choice! We can do one or the other, the opposite, both, or neither depending on which way the wind is blowing.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2007, 01:25:37 pm »
Isnt it gr8 when you have one of those really good feeling high earning days. Only thing is today you probably feel Knxxacxerd and lose out, been there and done it.
I found its best to have average days otherwide I get an "RO  steam rollered" feeling  ;) - unless your one of the new kids on the block that can achieve absolutely anything and bounce back next day as good as ever.

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2007, 01:38:58 pm »
unless your one of the new kids on the block that can achieve absolutely anything and bounce back next day as good as ever.

I've got a mate like that. He's not a new kid on the block by any stretch of the imagination but he's a human dynamo. He bounces back after about half an hour after getting home. If I had half the energy he's got I be happy.
We have a choice! We can do one or the other, the opposite, both, or neither depending on which way the wind is blowing.

aztec

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2007, 06:18:19 pm »
nice work fella!

alex graham

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2007, 07:21:08 pm »
Don,t mean to offend, but you must be seriously UNDERPRICING for that kind of return.

Push up your prices you,ll be suprised how little (if any) business you lose and you'll make the same monetary return for a lot less work.

work smarter not harder !!

Regards

tacky

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2007, 11:41:30 pm »
well done dai .u ar a credit to us but like someone said b fore me ad 50 p  . or pound to ur customers.n cut down hours .;;ps we not getting any younger .

LWC

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2007, 11:53:38 pm »
well done mate, i have yet to do that myself, most days i get near it but something always happens  >:(

good one though mate  ;)

dai

« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2007, 03:37:57 pm »
like someone said b fore me ad 50 p  . or pound to ur customers.n cut down hours .;;ps we not getting any younger .
We just can't get those high prices round here, and remain with a compact round.
I did put  these up a £1 each 3 months ago. All are priced between £6 and £14.
I have no intention of trying this too often, I'm usually happy with £125 a day, working from 9 till 5. Longer on collection nights.
Getting 10 extra containers is a big help, my Mrs fills the empty ones when I'm out working. Now I can come home, chuck the empty ones out, and load up for next day with the ones she's filled.
I see myself as the average grafting cleaner. The area where I work will never get me into the premier league of window cleaning, and that's the same for many of us
working in less affluent areas. Dai

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2007, 04:05:52 pm »
I've never earned that. £110 is my top, and very often it is only£60. So who am I too offer advice. Suffice it to say not knowing what i'm talking about has never stopped me in the past.

Firstly I like you Dia because you are hard working and honest.

You need to invest money. Stop playing at it and go fully wfp. Prices not withstanding, how soon would you get your money back earning £100 extra every day with less physical effort.

You've obviously got the work, and the motivation. At the very least look into this possibility by disscsuing it with one of the more senior members on here who you respect.(I mean more of a business man than a shiner).

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2007, 04:21:32 pm »
Reading your birthday thread post I see you do have breadth of vision.(and a few bob)

You haven't got any excuse then, get a van, do the job properly, recoup your investment inside a few months. Doing things on the cheap and skimping is the more difficult route.

dai

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2007, 04:27:48 pm »
You need to invest money. Stop playing at it and go fully wfp. Prices not withstanding, how soon would you get your money back earning £100 extra every day with less physical effort.

I have been fully WFP since the clocks went back last year, prior to that I was fully WFP when my misses worked with me. I was doing tops only for a short time, but to be honest, I find I gain very little speed wise by doing the bottoms WFP.
standard patio doors for example are just as quick to do with a Wagtail, especially if they bead.
Adding £100 a day by going WFP is in my opinion giving the wrong impression of WFP's capabilities. It's a good tool, but not that good. I think that an overall increase of 20% is more realistic on domestic work. Maybe I take too long rinsing. Dai

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2007, 07:45:07 pm »
Working out of 25litre containers is not fully wfp.

I didn't mention it to argue. You know your own business better than I do.Forget I said anything.