robbo333

Re: Thinking of franchising
« Reply #240 on: February 12, 2021, 05:47:29 pm »
We have franchises round my way and I talk to the guys now and again.

The guys are all happy to work for a franchise.
Yes it's obviously hard work and a percentage goes back to the franchise, but they are happy with that.
These are not the kind of guys who want to look at new types of marketing strategies, do 'SWAT' analysis or look at 'Exit Plans'. These guys just want to turn up, clean, be nice, smile a lot and go home to their families.

As far as I know, all the work is already supplied and so is free water for each franchisee.

NWH, mate you do rattle on a bit, but I can see your passion for people not getting ripped off and I do agree, to a degree!
When I first started, I went out with a mate (window cleaner) who taught me ladders, mops and blades.
But then I went on a days course (i think it was Swindon, some window cleaning academy or something). It was actually very good and well run.
Nigel, why don't you set up something like that?
Rather than people buying a franchise, give them a few days training in all aspects of window cleaning, marketing and growth?
They could give you £1K rather than £12K to a franchise?
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

NWH

Re: Thinking of franchising
« Reply #241 on: February 12, 2021, 06:04:15 pm »
That was run by ionic not “iconic” can you see the similarities it was part of certain packages they made money in the 90s this was all new,back then if most people looked in the back of a van they’d never had thought it could be done with a Shurflo crop sprayer hose reel and holding tank lol made a killing I would think.

If people buy into this good luck to em I just like to do the decent thing every now and again and save a sucker.