AuRavelling79

Re: Hey, hey, hey! Be careful out there - Covid warning.
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2021, 11:46:43 pm »
I didnt mind not accepting tea and coffee during the first lockdown as it was spring and nice weather....

Sod refusing brews in the winter!

Perhaps some sort of flask might ameliorate the problem; along with cheese and pickle sandwiches wrapped in greaseproof paper, a packet of Smith's Salt 'n' Shake crisps and a Granny Smith's apple.
It's a game of three halves!

G Griffin

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2021, 01:36:23 am »
Beware the Ides of March (and January and February).
Julius Caesar did the internal windows of a GP's surgery, NHS nurse's prefab and Bobby Ball's bungalow.
What does that tell you?
"The Ides of March are come". "Aye, Caesar; but not gone".

"Et tu, Brute?" 

Wise words, Malc; wise words.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

deeege

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2021, 06:41:22 am »
This is the first time I have heard of Covid being caught at work by a mainly wfp domestic window cleaner.

Here's the story. A local window cleaner caught Covid just as he was going back to work at the start of January. (It may have been between Xmas and the New Year) He was really rough with it - passed it on to his wife and kids. He and his wife were on the point of calling an ambulance for him about seven to eight days in but they didn't and they are through it although he is only working light duties this week.

He had it first and he is pretty sure he  got it as he unwisely accepted a cuppa at a customer's who later informed him he was unwell and tested positive.

Unusually for this type of reaction they are both young  (late 30's) and no known underlying issues or excess weight.

I have not heard this first hand, but his wife told my wife and she told me.

Sorry but only a fool would accept any  food or drink from anyone  at this time customers will offer it and mean well by doing so , but come on who is stupid  enough to accept it , why have so many in the hospitality sector gone down with covid ??? It’s not rocket science to protect yourself especially with us working outside .
A bit harsh to be labelling people fools and stupid. I'm sure we've all "slipped up" at some point. With regards to hospitality sector ( my sister being one of them ) its the disregard by the general paying public for mask wearing and social distance etc. thats the issue. She is absolutely hating working right now and the abuse she receives on a daily basis. Same goes for the supermarket and shop workers. Sod the teachers, they don't know how lucky they are. Shop workers on minimum wages have no choice. Apologies for taking what you've said a bit out of context but I wanted to have a little rant  ;D

But I agree, we all need to take a step back and think for ourselves before acting and not rely on government guidance or scientists advice, WE are all ultimately responsible for either the spread or reduction in this pandemic.

Silly comment really. In my experience Teachers are working extremely hard at the moment. Teaching the 50% of kids that are still in school whilst setting work for the 50% that are homeschooling. All whilst being exposed to the virus and not being on any preferred list for early vaccination.

If your issue is that they earn more than shop workers then shop workers could always pay themselves through 5 years of education and give teaching a go.

But yeh, accepting brews from customers at the moment is a  bit silly, I agree with that much.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Mike Burd

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2021, 07:06:33 am »
This is the first time I have heard of Covid being caught at work by a mainly wfp domestic window cleaner.

Here's the story. A local window cleaner caught Covid just as he was going back to work at the start of January. (It may have been between Xmas and the New Year) He was really rough with it - passed it on to his wife and kids. He and his wife were on the point of calling an ambulance for him about seven to eight days in but they didn't and they are through it although he is only working light duties this week.

He had it first and he is pretty sure he  got it as he unwisely accepted a cuppa at a customer's who later informed him he was unwell and tested positive.

Unusually for this type of reaction they are both young  (late 30's) and no known underlying issues or excess weight.

I have not heard this first hand, but his wife told my wife and she told me.

Sorry but only a fool would accept any  food or drink from anyone  at this time customers will offer it and mean well by doing so , but come on who is stupid  enough to accept it , why have so many in the hospitality sector gone down with covid ??? It’s not rocket science to protect yourself especially with us working outside .
A bit harsh to be labelling people fools and stupid. I'm sure we've all "slipped up" at some point. With regards to hospitality sector ( my sister being one of them ) its the disregard by the general paying public for mask wearing and social distance etc. thats the issue. She is absolutely hating working right now and the abuse she receives on a daily basis. Same goes for the supermarket and shop workers. Sod the teachers, they don't know how lucky they are. Shop workers on minimum wages have no choice. Apologies for taking what you've said a bit out of context but I wanted to have a little rant  ;D

But I agree, we all need to take a step back and think for ourselves before acting and not rely on government guidance or scientists advice, WE are all ultimately responsible for either the spread or reduction in this pandemic.

Silly comment really. In my experience Teachers are working extremely hard at the moment. Teaching the 50% of kids that are still in school whilst setting work for the 50% that are homeschooling. All whilst being exposed to the virus and not being on any preferred list for early vaccination.

If your issue is that they earn more than shop workers then shop workers could always pay themselves through 5 years of education and give teaching a go.

But yeh, accepting brews from customers at the moment is a silly, I agree with that much.
There’sa lot of unpleasantness towards teachers. Good post.

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2021, 07:51:25 am »
Nothing to do with shop workers earning less than teachers. Both deserve our respect. I could have worded my previous comment better .

deeege

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2021, 08:05:56 am »
Nothing to do with shop workers earning less than teachers. Both deserve our respect. I could have worded my previous comment better .

Agree they are all doing a great job, along with the front line NHS and Care staff. We as window cleaners have mostly had it incredibly easy compared to those above.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2021, 08:19:46 am »
I have accepted the odd brew here and there but not since before Xmas. The OP definitely raises a valid point and one we should all be careful about. Take a flask to work.

dazmond

« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2021, 08:31:48 am »
I didnt mind not accepting tea and coffee during the first lockdown as it was spring and nice weather....

Sod refusing brews in the winter!

Perhaps some sort of flask might ameliorate the problem; along with cheese and pickle sandwiches wrapped in greaseproof paper, a packet of Smith's Salt 'n' Shake crisps and a Granny Smith's apple.

I always take a flask of tea for lunchtime...👍😄
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2021, 08:39:34 am »
Splash and dash is calling us fools for accepting the odd brew here and there but happily accepts cash as a form of payment from some customers..... ;D.....

I bet him and his staff DONT clean every note and coin and clean their hands after handling it......😄

dazmond

« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2021, 08:43:29 am »
I've got 7 domestics and 3 commercial jobs to clean today....I never get offers of a brew on this run.....and all customers pay online....

Does that make me covid safe today?👍😄

« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2021, 09:02:05 am »
Splash and dash is calling us fools for accepting the odd brew here and there but happily accepts cash as a form of payment from some customers..... ;D.....

I bet him and his staff DONT clean every note and coin and clean their hands after handling it......😄
I do and I clean it once home, a dedicated pocket kept separate from my clean cash and handled with gloves.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2021, 11:27:23 am »

You DON’T need to clean it tho do you! Just put it straight in a tub or similar and don’t touch it for a few days.  Keep your distance when receiving cash and sanitise your gloves/hands after handling ........a bit safer than accepting a cuppa eh?

Stoots

« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2021, 11:31:29 am »
Hey!

I had covid in Novemeber, everyone else in my house tested negative which leads to me to think i did catch it whilst working.

Or the supermarket  :)

Don Kee

« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2021, 12:38:57 pm »
What if I put some sanitiser in my tea, would that make it covid secure?

Mike Burd

« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2021, 12:51:44 pm »
It would improve the taste very often.  ;)

drakestar!

« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2021, 03:27:08 pm »

Yeah, but you put money to your mouth 👄

Splash & dash

« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2021, 06:03:47 pm »

We haven’t been accepting cash since last March 😂😂😷😷😷

Bungle

« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2021, 06:29:27 pm »

We haven’t been accepting cash since last March 😂😂😷😷😷

Did you make them pay their Xmas tips on-line?
We look at them, they look through them.

jk999

« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2021, 06:40:19 pm »
Sorry to say this but I don't believe he caught covid through having the cuppa ,basically what your saying is all he's done is go to work have a cuppa finish work then home ,doesn't go anywhere else think it's a load of bull

CleanClear

« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2021, 07:41:33 pm »

Just a little tip i picked up along the way. If you're thirsty then take and drink the tea. If you're not, then leave it. It really is that simple.  ;D ;D
*Status*--------Currently Online---------