AuRavelling79

Hey, hey, hey! Be careful out there - Covid warning.
« on: January 20, 2021, 03:54:27 pm »
This is the first time I have heard of Covid being caught at work by a mainly wfp domestic window cleaner.

Here's the story. A local window cleaner caught Covid just as he was going back to work at the start of January. (It may have been between Xmas and the New Year) He was really rough with it - passed it on to his wife and kids. He and his wife were on the point of calling an ambulance for him about seven to eight days in but they didn't and they are through it although he is only working light duties this week.

He had it first and he is pretty sure he  got it as he unwisely accepted a cuppa at a customer's who later informed him he was unwell and tested positive.

Unusually for this type of reaction they are both young  (late 30's) and no known underlying issues or excess weight.

I have not heard this first hand, but his wife told my wife and she told me.

It's a game of three halves!

swanson

Re: Hey, hey, hey! Be careful out there - Covid warning.
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2021, 03:59:00 pm »
I'm starting to here a lot of stories like that

KS Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2021, 04:10:19 pm »
Sounds like Daz, he’s been accepting a cuppa from customers ;D

Bungle

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2021, 04:17:23 pm »
Regarding cuppas, I'm declining when I can or just pouring them on the plants.
We look at them, they look through them.

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2021, 04:20:37 pm »
theres no way i was gonna refuse a coffee today in all this rain!......i had two made for me by my customers......i also picked up a new job but  ill clean it in 2 months time next time im in the area..... :)

i even came home at lunchtime to change clothes as i was soaked through even with wet weather gear on!i changed EVERYTHING apart from my polo shirt! ;D
price higher/work harder!

Don Kee

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2021, 04:33:57 pm »
I’ve been accepting teas/coffee’s.

If I can still get a takeaway brew from a coffee shop, then I’ll carry on taking brews from customers!

Slash

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2021, 05:05:52 pm »
I never have a cuppa from customers,far too busy for that.

simon w

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2021, 05:24:51 pm »
I always ask them to put a drop of brandy in with it to kill the germs

cgh window cleaning

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2021, 06:46:32 pm »
I clean an NHS doctors surgery internally and have done through lockdown.They always offer a tea.

NWH

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2021, 06:55:19 pm »
I do 2 doctors and a surgeon they’ve all had me do insides what does that tell you.

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2021, 07:16:28 pm »
I do 2 doctors and a surgeon they’ve all had me do insides what does that tell you.
That they wanted their inside windows cleaned with no thought for your welfare  ???

I cleaned for a customer yesterday who's neighbours came out to pay me after she called them on phone. Although having shielded and not left the house in over 6 months she had a fall at home. Just come out of hospital and now has covid. What does that tell you ?

Don Kee

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2021, 07:33:12 pm »

It tells me that the NHS are into weird orgies and have zero standards in who they ask...

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2021, 07:34:16 pm »
I’ve been accepting teas/coffee’s.

If I can still get a takeaway brew from a coffee shop, then I’ll carry on taking brews from customers!
A takeaway coffee shops staff will wear a mask  and be wearing gloves or at least regularly hand sanitising plus you'll be drinking from a single use disposable cup.

NWH

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2021, 07:39:53 pm »
 If they are wearing them now it may be too late because most of last year when I went into coffee shops they’d have a mask 😷 on and then put their bare palm over the top of the cup when they handed it to you lol,it’s nonsense if you haven’t had it you are immune and a spreader they don’t even know the other day I saw Boris Johnson scratching his elbow and then said cor crykey my Arse itches 🤣🤣🤣

Splash & dash

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2021, 08:22:45 pm »
This is the first time I have heard of Covid being caught at work by a mainly wfp domestic window cleaner.

Here's the story. A local window cleaner caught Covid just as he was going back to work at the start of January. (It may have been between Xmas and the New Year) He was really rough with it - passed it on to his wife and kids. He and his wife were on the point of calling an ambulance for him about seven to eight days in but they didn't and they are through it although he is only working light duties this week.

He had it first and he is pretty sure he  got it as he unwisely accepted a cuppa at a customer's who later informed him he was unwell and tested positive.

Unusually for this type of reaction they are both young  (late 30's) and no known underlying issues or excess weight.

Sorry but only a fool would accept any  food or drink from anyone  at this time customers will offer it and mean well by doing so , but come on who is stupid  enough to accept it , why have so many in the hospitality sector gone down with covid ??? It’s not rocket science to protect yourself especially with us working outside .

AuRavelling79

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2021, 09:04:03 pm »

Sorry but only a fool would accept any  food or drink from anyone  at this time customers will offer it and mean well by doing so , but come on who is stupid  enough to accept it , why have so many in the hospitality sector gone down with covid ??? It’s not rocket science to protect yourself especially with us working outside .

Which is precisely why I put the post up. We can all be unthinking fools or caught off guard. If it makes us hesitate before contact then maybe we can save ourselves or our loved ones a lot of grief.
It's a game of three halves!

dazmond

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2021, 10:17:13 pm »
Most of us with get the virus anyway or  will have had it and not even know about it according to one of my customers who's an NHS nurse.....we cant stop it...only slow the spread....

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2021, 10:51:44 pm »

A bit harsh to be labelling people fools and stupid. I'm sure we've all "slipped up" at some point. With regards to hospitality sector ( my sister being one of them ) its the disregard by the general paying public for mask wearing and social distance etc. thats the issue. She is absolutely hating working right now and the abuse she receives on a daily basis. Same goes for the supermarket and shop workers. Sod the teachers, they don't know how lucky they are. Shop workers on minimum wages have no choice. Apologies for taking what you've said a bit out of context but I wanted to have a little rant  ;D

But I agree, we all need to take a step back and think for ourselves before acting and not rely on government guidance or scientists advice, WE are all ultimately responsible for either the spread or reduction in this pandemic.

Splash & dash

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2021, 10:58:48 pm »

A bit harsh to be labelling people fools and stupid. I'm sure we've all "slipped up" at some point. With regards to hospitality sector ( my sister being one of them ) its the disregard by the general paying public for mask wearing and social distance etc. thats the issue. She is absolutely hating working right now and the abuse she receives on a daily basis. Same goes for the supermarket and shop workers. Sod the teachers, they don't know how lucky they are. Shop workers on minimum wages have no choice. Apologies for taking what you've said a bit out of context but I wanted to have a little rant  ;D

But I agree, we all need to take a step back and think for ourselves before acting and not rely on government guidance or scientists advice, WE are all ultimately responsible for either the spread or reduction in this pandemic.

I totally agree with you but we are all responsible for our and others safety  accepting any food and drink from a customer at this time is just crazy , we are all used to driving for  many years but don’t forget to stop at a junction or red traffic light , it’s exactly the same now with not accepting food and drink , it’s just common sense , and looking after ourselves .

dazmond

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2021, 11:27:30 pm »
I didnt mind not accepting tea and coffee during the first lockdown as it was spring and nice weather....

Sod refusing brews in the winter!